Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

ELEGANT ESCAPE 2019/2020 - The Road To Gold Cup glory.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
    Its completely acceptable for me to state that I think Elegant Escape will destroy Le Bague Au Roi. Its identically acceptable and the same as people saying Le Bague Au Roi will easily beat Elegant Escape.

Its called having an opinion
    My opinion is as stated.
    Your reputation does procede you - There are opinions and then there are comments just to be facetious and/or provoking (and I know all about those too )

You've put up some good tips recently which is great to see I look forward to some more of that.

Comment

9/2 available on the legend. Hopefully the masses will keep backing Le Bague Au Roi and we may even see some 5/1 or 11/2 even. Holding my bet for now in the hope of a better price but will watch the market closely and will be on by Thursday morning at the latest.

The Charlie Hall Chase 2019 poem is imminent and is something to look forward to for the team.

Comment

Having looked at the runners in depth the only horse that Team Elegant Escape have to beat is the old rival BALLYOPTIC.
        The team are not predicting any problems at all here.

FIRST WE RUN AT WETHERBYS
        AND BULLY THE TREES
        THEN WE CAUSE A SHOCK
        WHEN WE WIN AT HAYDOCK

Comment

Bet officially placed. The team are on.

win- ELEGANT ESCAPE 9/2

I just cant see it getting any bigger so have took the 9/2 on what should ultimately be 1/2fav Elegant Escape, 4/1 Ballyoptic and any price you want on the rest.

Comment

The Charlie Hall chase with its 18 tough fences is usually won by an experienced horse. The only horse this century to have won this race on his 1st run outside of novice company was SILVIANO CONTI who was sent off just 4/1 to win the gold cup that season but fell in the race.
            No mare has won this race in the last 40 years at least possibly never.

LE BAGUE AU ROI is unbeaten in 2 runs at Wetherby but both of those races were in mares only races over 2 miles. It bears little relevance to her chance against the big boy over 3m 1f in a grade 2 open race.
            She was firmly put in her place by KALASHNIKOV when last seen. That isnt form that even remotely scares THE LEGEND. EE is rated 9lb higher but only has to give her 8lb so even taking the OR literally EE beats her but THE LEGEND will be rated 174 plus by the end of the season when he wins The Gold Cup. She will get absolutely destroyed by ELEGANT ESCAPE if she even turns up. The intermediate at Carlisle seems a much more sensible idea for her and absolutely no surprise if she ends up in that race. If she turns up she gets dealt with. Should be 40/1 plus.

ASO is being aimed at the 2m 4f Ryan Air and may run here or at Ascot. Either way his mark flatters him and will drop this year. Connections just want to get a run into him and he will be in need of the run whichever race he goes. Not a hope of competing with a legend over this trip.

BLACK CORTON is nothing more than a toy of ELEGANT ESCAPES. He hilariouslt has to give the Legend 2lb if he turns up. Will be well beaten in both this race and the ascot race and they will be happy to see him well beaten this time. Eyes on a future big handicap and not winning any race this weekend.

DEFINITELY RED is now in his 10yo/11yo season and is probably a horse in decline now. This will be his 3rd run in this race and although he won this last year he only had 3 rivals and the 2nd fav fell which ultimately meant he had an open goal and beat just 2 horses to win. This years renewal is far more competive and he wont be winning this time no matter how good the form of Ellison is right now.

TOP VILLE BEN is having his first chase run outside of novice company and doesnt look good enough. His Aintree 3rd flattered him and Topofthegame wasnt at his best in that race. Lostintranslation brushed him aside easily.
            He cannot possibly beat EE here getting jist 4lb. His 2 chase wins were in a class 4 and 3 novice. Out of his league in this race.

MOLLY THE DOLLY is a mare who has had just 4 chase races. Skelton yard have barely got going yet. She is out of her league here and could be as much as 2 fences behind EE here assuming she is at her best which she probably wont be. No hoper.

VINDICATION is having his first run outside of novice company and has had just 4 chase starts. He is also only a 6yo and although BRISTOL DE MAI won this as a 6yo he was actually having his 15th chase start and vastly experienced.
            This is merely an education for VINDICATION.

DOUBLE SHUFFLE has ran in the last 2 grand nationals as well as falling in this race last year. He wont be getting any better and the stable is hardly on fire. Target will assumingly be the national again and he wont be involved in this race if he turns up.

JETT is popping over for a day out he turns up fit having had 2 runs but we know his limits after 34 career starts and he isnt gopd enough to win this race.

ATLANTA BLAZE is the 33/1 outsider but she would be of no interest even at 200/1.

The race comes down to the old rivals BALLYOPTIC and ELEGANT ESCAPE. They have met 4 times over fences.
            The first time they met was at exeter over 3m, the race was a farce and was almost walked for the first mile, Ballyoptic simply took advantage of the race turning into a sprint and it was form tp forget about.
            EE has won all 3 meetings since, In the RSA, The Kauto Star novice chase at kempton and the Welsh Grand national where the Champ battered him like a sausage in a chip shop 26 lengths plus behind.

Twiston Davies has a good record in the race and he will have Ballyoptic ready here but once the champ passes this horse then the race is over as a contest. ELEGANT ESCAPE pulls clear.

THIS WARM UP WAS FUN
            BUT NEXT UP ITS GRADE 1
            THE BETFAIR CHASE
            WHERE ITS THE LEGEND WHOS THE NEW ACE

Last edited by ELEGANTLY TASTED; 29 October 2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Having looked at the runners in depth the only horse that Team Elegant Escape have to beat is the old rival BALLYOPTIC.
              The team are not predicting any problems at all here.

FIRST WE RUN AT WETHERBYS
              AND BULLY THE TREES
              THEN WE CAUSE A SHOCK
              WHEN WE WIN AT HAYDOCK
              I like that you have your own thread, and honour your favourite horse with such bravado.
              And in recent times you've offered some rare glimpses of clarity and reasoned arguments.

BUT ANYMORE POEMS LIKE THIS AND I'LL BE FIRST IN THE QUEUE TO SIGN A REMOVAL PETITION.
              AND NEVER USE CAPITALS UNLESS IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT.

#worstpoemever
              (I've been watching the circle)

Comment

Joe Tizzard, assistant to his father, said: "Elegant Escape is in good form and the plan is to run in the Charlie Hall.

"He has summered well. He seems to have strengthened up and we are really looking forward to getting him started.

"He is only a seven-year-old and hopefully he can progress into a Gold Cup horse. He wouldn't have to improve a lot to be a serious contender in a Gold Cup.

The Tizzards sounding confident here. The Legend has strengthened. Al Boum Photo is already worried.
                This will be the season to end all seasons for the great one. Perfect warm up for Haydock.

Comment

A decent write up ET.

If he does drift I bet some people follow you in, but quietly.

Comment

Warren Greatrex is a much better trainer of hurdlers than he is chasers. He has won just 4 graded chases compared to the Master Of The Chaser Sir Colin Tizzard who has won 48.
                    Le Bague Au Roi is merely a decent mare who was found some nice easy small field races as a novice chaser. She is in the wrong hands and Greatrex wont be the first man to ever train a mare to win the Charlie Hall Chase. She is nothing special. Lostintranslation is only the tizzard gold cup 2nd string behind EE.

I would expect The Legend to go off clear favourite on the day.

Comment

Lostintranslation is only the tizzard gold cup 2nd string behind EE.
                      The horse Colin Tizzard thinks is best equipped to wear Cue Card's crown will make a near 800-mile round trip for his return to action on Sunday.... Read More

Comment

Elegant Escape is the 2020 gold cup winner. Lostintranslation may get beat at Carlisle. The Charlie Hall is a walk in the park for the champ.

That 9/2 will be a thing of the past tomprrow as The Legends price collapses and he becomes the new race favourite.

That article is pie in the sky.

Comment

ELEGANT ESCAPE could wear an eyepatch have a leg removed and still win pulling a train against the inferior level of animal he takes on at Wetherby.

Had the Tizzard yard been in top form last March he would be the current Gold Cup champion. He was only actually 6 in last years gold cup as his true birthday is in april. The powerhouse is ready to peak this season and even if just running to his best then this machine could win by 10 lengths without trying. This is a very experienced top class chaser bullying an inexperienced mare. If it was a boxing match the ref would stop it at the 3 pole.

Comment

Le Bague Au Roi backers will not sleep tonight worrying about whether Greatrex goes for the Carlisle race in the morning with final decs.
                            The Carlisle race makes more sense as its an easier race and they have aklready beaten LOSTINTRANSLATION twice. The ground will be faster at Carlisle and its a much more suitable opening point for LBAR.
                            No matter what has been said I wont be in the least bit surprised if she doesnt make the final decs here.

Comment

Le Bague Au Roi backers will not sleep tonight worrying about whether Greatrex goes for the Carlisle race in the morning with final decs.
                              The Carlisle race makes more sense as its an easier race and they have aklready beaten LOSTINTRANSLATION twice. The ground will be faster at Carlisle and its a much more suitable opening point for LBAR.
                              No matter what has been said I wont be in the least bit surprised if she doesnt make the final decs here.
                              I think the £100000 C Hall pot compared to the £30000 Carlisle pot might be a big factor. She could win more being placed at Wetherby than winning at Carlisle. She looked to me that she needed a trip in her last few races last season and was doing her best work at the finish when getting done for speed at Aintree so 3 miles will suit her better. She is 2/2 at Wetherby so we know the track suits whereas Carlisle is an unknown. My feeling is they will go Charlie Hall. She has had 11 races between October and February during her career and has won the lot so this is her time of year. I personally think she will run away with this race.

Comment

I thought it was final decs today but they are out tomorrow.

This Ballyoptic is going to be tuned to the minute for the race. He will be a tough horse to beat I fully expect him to deal with Le Bague Au Roi but I have a gold cup winner in waiting to sort out Bally.

Comment

Working...
                                X