Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

ELEGANT ESCAPE 2019/2020 - The Road To Gold Cup glory.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELEGANT ESCAPE 2019/2020 - The Road To Gold Cup glory.

The Legend Elegant Escape will finally reach career peak this season culminating in Gold Cup glory.

I will worship this great horse all the way to Gold Cup glory in March. Currently 160.0 on betfair to win.

Hopefully The Legend will line up at Wetherby in the Charlie Hall chase as planned and show them what a peak Legend can do on a speed track.

No doubt about it this is the best chaser on planet earth.

Not long now til we get to see the champion in waiting.

Lol not againnnnnn

Comment

This is the worlds best staying chaser. He deserves to be worshipped.

THE LEGEND
      ELEGANT ESCAPE 2020 Gold Cup winner.

Comment

Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
        This is the worlds best staying chaser. He deserves to be worshipped.

THE LEGEND
        ELEGANT ESCAPE 2020 Gold Cup winner.
        Maybe the 2022 B365 Gold Cup......

Comment

The legend is 25/1 for the betfair chase and that looks worth taking as an ew bet. If as the team are expecting The Legend wins the Charlie Hall Chase on Saturday then he will surely be single figure odds for the betfair chase.

My main worry with winning the betfair chase is that Tizzard may feel obliged to go King George with him to chase the bonus. Kempton doesnt suit the horse though and I would prefer it if he is given a break after the Charlie Hall and Betfair chase and just found an easy warm up race to put him spot on for the Cheltenham Gold Cup in March.

When they offer a market on the Charlie Hall chase then 6/1 or bigger is a gift for the 2020 gold cup winner in waiting.

Comment

The odds are up for the Charlie Hall chase and sadly the bookmakers have got it spot on this time. The Legend is 4/1 fav. I was expecting a couple of tough rivals to take part but they havent been entered and therefor the 4/1 looks like free money.
            Nothing in that field can touch the champ.

Comment

Please don’t respond but il say La Bague Au Roi will beat him easily.

Comment

Best of luck with a 150 rated mare who is having her first ever race outside novice company.
                If you think she will even get close to the 2020 gold cup champion then the team strongly advise that you think again.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                  Please don’t respond but il say La Bague Au Roi will beat him easily.
                  Agree with that

Comment

Cloud cuckoo land anyone thinking Le Bague Au Roi will beat Elegant Escape.

Comment

Elegant Escape was 6/6 last time he ran, beaten 55L. Has to prove he's still the same horse and the GC didn't leave a mark.

Has never won first time out.

His best RPR was a defeat to Frodon who was using the race as a prep for the Ryanair and therefore couldn't be taken too literally as a gauge of EE's level.

This race wouldn't be his main target either, it'll be a prep to bring him along nicely with a view to winning a National of some sort, as he's not a 3 miler.

How much of that is unreasonable?

Comment

Most of its unreasonable.

You recognise that Frodon was using the race as a prep for the ryanair but you fail to recpgnise that EE was using the race as a prep for the gold cup. That race suited Frodon as he controlled a stop start pace. EE would destroy Frodon in a strongly run race.

Its unreasonable to say that EE isnt a 3 miler as he won over 3miles last season, he won over 3miles and 2m 7 1/2 f the season before.

This race wouldnt be his main target you are correct though it wouldnt be the main target of probably any of the runners? The gold cup is the target for EE and it has always been.

So to summarise most of what you said is unreasonable.

Elegant Escape will destroy the mare on Saturday assuming she turns up.

Comment

Its also outrageous to claim that EE has never won 1st time up as he won first time up in 2016 as a hurdler amd he alo won 1st time up in 2018. He was 2nd 1st time up in 2017.
                          He has an excellent record fresh and has clearly won 1st time out.

So to recap every single claim you made was completely unreasonable.

As for h being 6/6 at Aintree did you watch that race? The horse was tired after a tough season.
                          I can assure you that Le Bague has a lot more to prove having never raced outside novice company over fences.
                          Last edited by ELEGANTLY TASTED; 29 October 2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post

Elegant Escape will destroy the mare on Saturday assuming she turns up.
                            That last line is what makes you so hard to talk to on here and yes I did just make up the first time out stat. I was on him for that win against Thomas Patrick... or I was on Thomas Patrick. I can't remember

You probably don't remember, but I had also backed Elegant Escape last year, I quite him like, however to say people are in cloud cuckoo land for fancying La Bague Au Roi is odd.

The close form that La Bague Au Roi had with Topofthegame, Lostintranslation and Santini and their respective places in the Gold Cup markets now (those all being much shorter for the Gold Cup than Elegant Escape), combined with her FTO record are enough for me to think there prices are the other way round.

If I was being reasonable, we could agree that at the moment we don't know if those prices for last seasons novice chasers are right, and they could all flop and not be up to Elegant Escape's level. I can admit that, but in a game of opinions I'm very happy to back any of those horses improving past Elegant Escape, when they are a bigger price for me than he is to find out.
                            Last edited by Kevloaf; 29 October 2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Its completely acceptable for me to state that I think Elegant Escape will destroy Le Bague Au Roi. Its identically acceptable and the same as people saying Le Bague Au Roi will easily beat Elegant Escape.

Its called having an opinion
                              My opinion is as stated.

Comment

Working...
                              X