Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie just absolutely slaughtered Puppy on Racing TV for his ride on Stormy Island

Comment

• Should be pointing closer to home. Townsend keeps his position and Puppy would have won him the race

Comment

• I don’t quite understand how a jockey with his job and standing can make such a terrible error.

Really poor riding from Townend. Any of the other top jockeys on Benie and she would have won that.

Comment

• It proved there isn't much between the amres at this distance though. Get Benie back up to 3m where she belongs.

Comment

• Originally posted by luisgarciaisgod View Post
            Willie just absolutely slaughtered Puppy on Racing TV for his ride on Stormy Island
            Any links to that mate ?

Comment

• 2m 4f Mares Hurdle
              Winning time 5m 8.73 secs slow by 31.73 secs

You could tell the pace wasn’t quick enough the way the field bunched up down the back. Take nothing away from Rachael she outsmarted pt who moved to the outside too quickly imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoofit View Post
                Any links to that mate ?
                It's on the Racing TV Facebook page, not sure what the story is with facebook links on here

Comment

• A nonplussed Mullins said: "I think there was a miscommunication turning for home; maybe Robbie [Power, riding the Mullins-trained Stormy Island] thought that one of our horses was behind him, rather than Honeysuckle. It looked like he just gave the winner a huge gap while Paul was going round the outside. Things happen. We won't want to watch that again!

"Our mare [Benie Des Dieux] ran well. Stormy probably didn't go fast enough to take the sting out of it; she needed to go much faster. There wasn't enough pace. I'm a little frustrated, but we've got sound horses and sound jockeys, and hopefully we'll get a turn at some stage. We've got some nice prize-money, we're just not hitting the bulls-eye."

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                    A nonplussed Mullins said: "I think there was a miscommunication turning for home; maybe Robbie [Power, riding the Mullins-trained Stormy Island] thought that one of our horses was behind him, rather than Honeysuckle. It looked like he just gave the winner a huge gap while Paul was going round the outside. Things happen. We won't want to watch that again!

"Our mare [Benie Des Dieux] ran well. Stormy probably didn't go fast enough to take the sting out of it; she needed to go much faster. There wasn't enough pace. I'm a little frustrated, but we've got sound horses and sound jockeys, and hopefully we'll get a turn at some stage. We've got some nice prize-money, we're just not hitting the bulls-eye."
                    Thanks for this.

Comment

• Poor poor poor ride from townsend

Comment

• It was more than just Townend that was poor!

Robbie power wasn’t great either. Essentially team tactics going wrong. Could argue it’s a relatively new ‘team’

Comment

• Originally posted by luisgarciaisgod View Post
                          Willie just absolutely slaughtered Puppy on Racing TV for his ride on Stormy Island
                          and all those mullins in the weigh room

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                            It was more than just Townend that was poor!

Robbie power wasn’t great either. Essentially team tactics going wrong. Could argue it’s a relatively new ‘team’
                            I've never been a big fan of team orders/tactics in any sport. If you're good enough to beat Honeysuckle over 2m4f, you don't need a front runner to make it a massive stretch of stamina. If you do need one, run in the 3 mile race.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                              I've never been a big fan of team orders/tactics in any sport. If you're good enough to beat Honeysuckle over 2m4f, you don't need a front runner to make it a massive stretch of stamina. If you do need one, run in the 3 mile race.
                              Fair point, though i'd say that's part and parcel of being in a big yard with multiple runners in the race. If you don't have some sort of plan "A" beforehand you're not being professional enough.

That plan yesterday went belly up for a number of reasons. Do i think Benie would've beaten Honey getting the inside run, yes. So i guess you could blame Townend there for his race positioning.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                                Fair point, though i'd say that's part and parcel of being in a big yard with multiple runners in the race. If you don't have some sort of plan "A" beforehand you're not being professional enough.

That plan yesterday went belly up for a number of reasons. Do i think Benie would've beaten Honey getting the inside run, yes. So i guess you could blame Townend there for his race positioning.
                                Absolutely, it comes with the territory, just like in F1 and other sports, it just doesn't sit right with me. Let the individuals do the talking themselves and not the tactics

Comment

Working...
                                X