Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    Went to back Thyme Hill again for this and then decided that actually, at 10/1 only for the AB, the 8/1 for any race is a much smarter bet on the odd chance that Envoi Allen does indeed go supreme and Thyme Hill’s connections fancied a crack at a Ballymore over the potato race.
    I’ve done exactly the same. Don’t mind giving away 2 points in the price to cover all bases. The front 3 in the bumper from last year could produce all 3 winners of the novice hurdles as one way of it panning out!

Comment

• Any thoughts on the 2:25 Sandown today? Fav HAPPYGOLUCKY only managed 3rd, was in form line with current AB fav THYME HILL, read anything into the race?

Winner today ENRILLO - PN horse is 20/1 here now, one to consider?

While Overthetop only managed 6th, who I have in my book any race, not sure if gunna go here or Ballymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
        Any thoughts on the 2:25 Sandown today? Fav HAPPYGOLUCKY only managed 3rd, was in form line with current AB fav THYME HILL, read anything into the race?

While Overthetop only managed 6th, who I have in my book any race, not sure if gunna go here or Ballymore?
        I was there today BB and thought the runner up was unlucky.
        Led from the tapes giving inexperienced horses a lovely pace, gave the last a right smack but still picked up on the run in and beaten less than a length, think the mistake at the last was costly.
        Impossible to completely dismiss a PN novice but not one I’ll look closely at unless he follows up/progresses....

Comment

Any thoughts on the 2:25 Sandown today? Fav HAPPYGOLUCKY only managed 3rd, was in form line with current AB fav THYME HILL, read anything into the race?

think the front two are quite smart. House Island is one i had done for the AB at the start of the season and couldnt believe his price today. He keeps grinding away and shouldnt have a problem upped to 3m. Think you've got a decent formline in the race through happygolucky

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            I was there today BB and thought the runner up was unlucky.
            Led from the tapes giving inexperienced horses a lovely pace, gave the last a right smack but still picked up on the run in and beaten less than a length, think the mistake at the last was costly.
            Impossible to completely dismiss a PN novice but not one I’ll look closely at unless he follows up/progresses....
            Cheers Istabraq. I see House Island is 50s with PP and did beat PN horse last month!

Comment

NO
              enrillo doesn't go to chelt.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                NO
                enrillo doesn't go to chelt.
                whats the plan with Enrilo - how highly is he rated?

House Island looks an AB type to me

Comment

• Originally posted by TC2 View Post
                  whats the plan with Enrilo - how highly is he rated?

House Island looks an AB type to me
                  To be kept quietly, then chasing next year, they've no interest in the likes of the albert bartlett for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    To be kept quietly, then chasing next year, they've no interest in the likes of the albert bartlett for him.
                    presumed that was the case, ta

Comment

• I'm a big fan of Paul Nolan and am really looking forward to seeing Latest Exhibition in the Navan Novice Hurdle on Sunday. I suspect the chief Mullins and Elliott runners will command most of the attention, but he's a smart prospect tried over inadequate trips so far. They have been clear the Albert Barlett is their long term plan and he is completely undiscovered in the market at 66/1. I am not expecting him to win on Sunday, but I am expecting a decent run.

We were supposed to see him last year in the bumper but he was forced to miss Cheltenham due to a foot infection and was subsequently off for the season. Their plan is to see how it goes Sunday and then he could go to the grade 1 at Naas in February.

The Nolan's were very open about saying he was tried over too short a trip and too soon vs Abacadabras where he ran a credible race in second. On debut he beat Thatsy who subsequently won since. His jumping is excellent and I don't see the Nolan's throwing him into a race vs the likes of Andy Dufresne and Elixir D'ainay without thinking he could be quite smart and the step up will suit. They have said their plan is to gradually step him up before trying him over 3m for the first time in the Albert Bartlett. I hope Rachel Blackmore keeps riding him.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                        I'm a big fan of Paul Nolan and am really looking forward to seeing Latest Exhibition in the Navan Novice Hurdle on Sunday. I suspect the chief Mullins and Elliott runners will command most of the attention, but he's a smart prospect tried over inadequate trips so far. They have been clear the Albert Barlett is their long term plan and he is completely undiscovered in the market at 66/1. I am not expecting him to win on Sunday, but I am expecting a decent run.

We were supposed to see him last year in the bumper but he was forced to miss Cheltenham due to a foot infection and was subsequently off for the season. Their plan is to see how it goes Sunday and then he could go to the grade 1 at Naas in February.

The Nolan's were very open about saying he was tried over too short a trip and too soon vs Abacadabras where he ran a credible race in second. On debut he beat Thatsy who subsequently won since. His jumping is excellent and I don't see the Nolan's throwing him into a race vs the likes of Andy Dufresne and Elixir D'ainay without thinking he could be quite smart and the step up will suit. They have said their plan is to gradually step him up before trying him over 3m for the first time in the Albert Bartlett. I hope Rachel Blackmore keeps riding him.
                        Amen to all of that charlie. Looks one of the best priced novices of the whole week to me.

Comment

• Hoping valtor drifts out to 7s tomorrow. He may well do so being a 10 Yo where people are bound to get excited by an 8 pounds swing for Redford road.

He may not win the bartlett, and some may improve past him, but right now, he's ideal for a smaller field earlier season war of attrition like this.

Hopefully champagne well, goes well enough in this or the form of the bartlett fav. It's a good little race with some nice types.

Comment

• I am expecting Igor to go well in the Albert Bartlett race today. Did everything very well from prominent position at Ascot last time. Prominent runners did well yesterday, when they judged the pace well, which is key to leading on soft ground.

For the big one in March only two firms quote him at present and both are only 20/1, which looks a bit mean compared with 11/2 today.
                            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                              Amen to all of that charlie. Looks one of the best priced novices of the whole week to me.
                              Hoping for a good show tomorrow. I don't expect him to win but I would love to see him to down Andy Dufresne. A good run in behind with a view to this will do fine with me. Ruby said earlier there's a good Novice Hurdle where 'Andy Dufresne and Latest Exhibition go head to head' so it sounds like he thinks its between them two. Shame there's not more in it though

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                                Hoping for a good show tomorrow. I don't expect him to win but I would love to see him to down Andy Dufresne. A good run in behind with a view to this will do fine with me. Ruby said earlier there's a good Novice Hurdle where 'Andy Dufresne and Latest Exhibition go head to head' so it sounds like he thinks its between them two. Shame there's not more in it though
                                The Grade 1 over 2M4F in three weeks time will be the definitive mid-distance clash pre-Festival, with a fuller field, but tomorrow should throw up at last one key player for that Grade 1.
                                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Working...
                                X