Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Future Champions Meeting Newmarket 11th-12th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three for tomorrow.....can't see past Ranch Hand in CES. Looks thrown in on form, distance not a problem and could be a cup horse next year. Intisaab can win the big sprint at York. Won the race in 2016 off a higher mark and is 2lb better of for 2 1/4 length beating by Summerhand in the Ayr Gold Cup. Big price. The last horse is Miss Yoda against the geldings. Hugely impressive first time up and won cosily last time. Will appreciate the extra 2f being a daughter of Sea the Stars and looks a real Oaks fancy.

Comment

Final choices for Newmarket tomorrow.

Race 1) Ascension
      Race 2) Miss Yoda
      Race 3) Persia
      Race 4) No Bet
      Race 5) Ante Post bets on Time To Study 45/1, Timoshenko 12/1 and Sneaky Getaway 70/1.
      Race 6) Show Stopper
      Race 7) Dunelight

If the heavens have opened overnight or during Saturday morning and the early race times suggest softer than GS ground, then I will also look at
      Race 6) Last Empire
      Race 7) Dolphin Vista
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

The Ces is going to be a war of attrition given the ground so I've flip flopped on my selections. I want a NH horse as my main punt so Mr Everest is now by biggest winner, with a back up plan of Time to Study and Coer Blimey

Mr Everest 20/1 win, 16/1 8 places, 16/1 5 places and 14/1 7 places.
        Time to Study 25/1 5 places, 22/1 7 places
        Coer Blimey 45/1 7 places.

I've got a bit carried away in this race - lost ante post bets on Mr Adjudicator.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
          Three for tomorrow.....can't see past Ranch Hand in CES. Looks thrown in on form, distance not a problem and could be a cup horse next year. Intisaab can win the big sprint at York. Won the race in 2016 off a higher mark and is 2lb better of for 2 1/4 length beating by Summerhand in the Ayr Gold Cup. Big price. The last horse is Miss Yoda against the geldings. Hugely impressive first time up and won cosily last time. Will appreciate the extra 2f being a daughter of Sea the Stars and looks a real Oaks fancy.
          Intihaab also on my radar Lobo's.

I could easily have a bet in 10+ races today, really like the look of today. Easterby's horse at York looks a potential star so I'll be back him in the Rockingham and the fav in the first.

I think Al Suhail could turn into a Derby horse so I've taken 5/1 on him in the Autumn Stakes.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
            F_M
            I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Skybet and PP both apply the extra places to bets already placed.
            So you can avail of early prices after 48hr decs and they will alter the places (on your betslip) as soon as the offer goes up.
            No need to wait if you want the early price.
            I Doubt it's just my account.

Your comment had me doubting, but they've just done it again for me this week.
            I didn't know that... that is very much worth knowing!

Comment

I've gone for Ranch Hand and Land of Oz , in the 4-10 at Newmarket.- Cesarewitch.

Comment

The going is Soft at Newmarket after the expected overnight rain.
                Stalls on the stands-side for all races except the Cesarewitch which will be far side.

Going stick shows the better ground will be on the far side, so Ces runners will be expected to come up far side rail. Those drawn low could get a better position to secure rail runs.

The other six races will have high draws on the rails.
                The jockeys may plan to come away from the rails as the ground is a little softer there, Low draws would be best placed to take a course in the centre of the course.

If you know Newmarket Rowley course well you know that the course runs down a little towards the stand side rails so when it gets wet the stand side rail gets the softer ground (law of physics?)
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Cheers.
                  Feliciana de vega
                  B365 hanging the 10-1 out, and whilst I don't fancy it strongly. Have backed it as the money has come for it with some of the serious bookmakers. Most have it second favourite now.
                  Went in twice on this 4pts
                  When his first two won on the card I feared the worst so backed Richenza as well
                  Happy days

Comment

Went in twice on this 4pts
                    When his first two won on the card I feared the worst so backed Richenza as well
                    Happy days
                    Well Done Q. I've had a terrible week , Including not putting my 12-1 bet on Thyme hill for yesterday.
                    and not including The Bay birch in my L.31 today ( won at 20-1. ) just about everything,.
                    i backed yesterday and today was unplaced !!.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                      Well Done Q. I've had a terrible week , Including not putting my 12-1 bet on Thyme hill for yesterday.
                      and not including The Bay birch in my L.31 today ( won at 20-1. ) just about everything,.
                      i backed yesterday and today was unplaced !!.
                      Had a similar weekend myself last week.
                      Dust yerself off and go again

Comment

Had a similar weekend myself last week.
                        Dust yerself off and go again
                        Quite Right !!, .

Comment

Working...
                        X