Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    If Fiddlerontheroof goes for the Supreme does The Big Breakaway come here?
    Iv never considered that he dosen't myself. With or without fiddleontheroof. TBB has plenty in the tank, But he needs to step up his opposition and keep winning
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Interesting Townend said AF didn't seem very fast. Times suggest he was very impressive especially given that was his first chase start and jumped very right.
      Obviously he could just be meaning that for the future in regards to stepping up in trip which Willie confirmed.

Looking forward to watching him next time to see him back it up.

Comment

I’m hoping so, he’s the only meaningful opposition I’ve got to Envoi Allen now, unless Andy Dufresne bounces back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          Just incase anyone was thinking a step up to the bartlett, despite the owners.

Reflecting on Longhouse Poet's performance Brassil commented: "I was very pleased with the run.

“The winner has that much more experience and miles under his belt, in good company.

“We'd be very pleased in his first run out of maiden company. He stays and I'd say he could be a better horse when he has more horses around him too.

“We'll probably enter him for the two-mile-six at Leopardstown but he could go straight for the Ballymore.”
          Thats good enough for me.

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
          I hope so, a bit of talk and price slashed recently for The Albertt Bartlett, which would be my main danger to my 3 selections i have at nice prices for it!

Comment

• Don’t get excited about a horse often but Jesus Christ isn’t Envoi Allen a machine !!!!!! Not gonna get rich from backing him but he really is the real deal isn’t he ??? For me you can’t beat a horse that only does enough. There’s soooooo much left under the bonnet, I mean Davy didn’t do anything other than shake the reigns. If he gets beat at Cheltenham we may aswell all give up the game.

Comment

Based on what RP said, yes. Fiddler goes Supreme if very soft ground . If it were very soft then TBB would surely go Ballymore. If on good side of soft then RP says Fiddler goes 2 1/2. If that happens then Tizzard will get his wish and split them by MD going Supreme and TBB going Albert. All about the ground so we won't know until a few days before the big meeting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                Based on what RP said, yes. Fiddler goes Supreme if very soft ground . If it were very soft then TBB would surely go Ballymore. If on good side of soft then RP says Fiddler goes 2 1/2. If that happens then Tizzard will get his wish and split them by MD going Supreme and TBB going Albert. All about the ground so we won't know until a few days before the big meeting.
                Why does everything in your view have to be split?
                They're different owners and different horses.

.for my money TBB is a better horse than fiddlerontheroof.
                Try telling someone who's paid 360k theat for no reason what so ever their horse is being pushed out to the albert bartlett just so there is 1 in each race trained by tizzard

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  Why does everything in your view have to be split?
                  They're different owners and different horses.

.for my money TBB is a better horse than fiddlerontheroof.
                  Try telling someone who's paid 360k theat for no reason what so ever their horse is being pushed out to the albert bartlett just so there is 1 in each race trained by tizzard
                  Just going by what Tizz said today. The ideal scenario for him but they may of course have to face off .Also think TBB will be better suited by Albert but that's my opinion.

Comment

• Slate house and lostintranslation both ran in the supreme. They were conveniently owned by the same 2 owners as fiddlerontheroof and the big breakaway.

They have 2 very able jockeys in harry cobden and robbie power, theres no issue should they both want to run in the ballymore.

Comment

• Obviously there's a slim chance, but i'd have it highly likely TBB comes here if anywhere. Given they've said he's been bought to be a chelt horse, you'd imagine they will run him as long as he steps up.

Would hate for them to run him in the AB. The fact they've mentioned he's not short of speed also makes me pretty confident they won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautothegreat8 View Post
                        Don’t get excited about a horse often but Jesus Christ isn’t Envoi Allen a machine !!!!!! Not gonna get rich from backing him but he really is the real deal isn’t he ??? For me you can’t beat a horse that only does enough. There’s soooooo much left under the bonnet, I mean Davy didn’t do anything other than shake the reigns. If he gets beat at Cheltenham we may aswell all give up the game.
                        You've been on this forum less than a month and this is the second time you've been blown away

How often is not that often to be this excited?

I don't think he did a lot in front today, if I hadn't seen him battle to win the Bumper I'd be having a little pick at him - but I did see the bumper, so I can't pick any holes.

Comment

• Agree and dont think the time was as special as id assumed it was going to be from the visual

Comment

• Who blew him the first time kev? As Shaggy once sang "it wasn't me"

Comment

• I’ve only backed and mentioned The Big Breakaway for the Ballymore and only intend to as it’s the best race for him this season. Latest quote from Tizzard Jr:

He said: “We can keep them apart all season but when we get to the festival, we need to do what’s best for each horse. You only need a bit of bad luck and then you’ll wish you had another horse in the race.
                              “When it comes to Cheltenham, we certainly won’t be jeopardising the chance of a horse just because we don’t want to run them against each other. We’ll be running the horses in what we feel is the best race for them individually.”

Of the exciting Tizzard youngsters yet to be tested at Graded level, The Big Breakaway was arguably the most eyecatching in winning his two hurdle contests by eight and seven lengths respectively.

“He’ll be going to Cheltenham on trials day. There’s a Grade 2 two-and-a-half-mile novice hurdle there and then he’ll almost certainly be in the Ballymore,” Tizzard said.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                                I’ve only backed and mentioned The Big Breakaway for the Ballymore and only intend to as it’s the best race for him this season. Latest quote from Tizzard Jr:

He said: “We can keep them apart all season but when we get to the festival, we need to do what’s best for each horse. You only need a bit of bad luck and then you’ll wish you had another horse in the race.
                                “When it comes to Cheltenham, we certainly won’t be jeopardising the chance of a horse just because we don’t want to run them against each other. We’ll be running the horses in what we feel is the best race for them individually.”

Of the exciting Tizzard youngsters yet to be tested at Graded level, The Big Breakaway was arguably the most eyecatching in winning his two hurdle contests by eight and seven lengths respectively.

“He’ll be going to Cheltenham on trials day. There’s a Grade 2 two-and-a-half-mile novice hurdle there and then he’ll almost certainly be in the Ballymore,” Tizzard said.
                                Too right he should run in the Ballymore, for me he is the best chance for this side of the channel to date, and the bookies have nothing else other than Thyme Hill and Fiddlerontheroof priced under 25/1 for the race from Britain. Therefore he should go off fav on Trials Day, unless Thyme Hill comes to the race.
                                Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 5 January 2020, 09:54 PM.
                                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Working...
                                X