Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
    Lol Lobos, this is coming from the person that has every horse pinned down to a race more than anyone!
    I know. I've stopped having wet dreams now and instead toss and turn all night shuffling bloody horses. I must get a life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      I dont know the rules on how far christmas stretches. But it goes all the way to there. Then ok.
      Scroogy91 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
        Scroogy91 ?

Comment

Scroogy91 ?
          100%. Only so many sprouts and celebrations you can eat.

its where the antepost dreams of many are left in tatters. Also from Christmas onwards is where every market is now suspended during racing.

Getting to the The business end now where everything is up in grade.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I am hoping AD will drop back to 2m tbh, for my own pocket more than anything. Maybe a bad day at office, maybe just not as good as some of the others, who knows?

As for Chantry, I was pretty impressed on Friday, looks tailor made for this. He seemed to get caught a bit flat footed but once he got his game together although looking green he got up the hill nicely. Not too many horses came from behind (ooo errr) on Friday but he was one who did. I am surprised only 365 reacted for this tbh.

Comment

• Interesting that Paul Nolan said it turned into a sprint. For anyone hoping that AD will benefit from a drop in trip, if that is the case then surely he should be beating a stayer in a middle distance race that turns into a sprint?

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                Interesting that Paul Nolan said it turned into a sprint. For anyone hoping that AD will benefit from a drop in trip, if that is the case then surely he should be beating a stayer in a middle distance race that turns into a sprint?
                He was referring to the abacadabras race. Not today

Comment

He was referring to the abacadabras race. Not today
                  Ah that makes more sense. I would need to re-watch today’s race but on initial viewing it didn’t look, to my eye, to become a sprint.

Comment

• To my eyes it looked like Andy Dufresne needed to go up in trip not down. It’s way too early to start saying he’s over hyped. He could easily be the AB winner. He travels very easily but gone done for pace at the end. I think he should probably have been a bit more assertive from further out. I won’t be surprised if he returns to winning ways soon. It would be reasonable to assume Gordon Elliott know his horses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                      Ah that makes more sense. I would need to re-watch today’s race but on initial viewing it didn’t look, to my eye, to become a sprint.
                      Yep,
                      I think Nolan suggesting they raced him too soon and went too slow in the Abacadabra's race over 2m, added to the fact they clearly think he's a stayer. Means it may be a little rash to judge AD on todays run or to mark up Abacadabra's win too much either.

If what Nolan says is correct then the win by Abacadabra's could be flattering, and the loss today by AD, not as bad as the odds suggest.
                      But it's guesswork really, and in the eyes of the beholder.

I'd like to see AD run against Abacadabra's (most likely in Dublin).

I'd say Abacadabra's is likely to be better of the two but it might not be as clear cut as that.

We might all be going down the wrong formlines and the Elixir Dainay/Longhouse Poet lines may end up better than the Envoi Allen ones.
                      Then we meed to factor in the Willie's that haven't run yet too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheltenham Novice Chase View Post
                        To my eyes it looked like Andy Dufresne needed to go up in trip not down. It’s way too early to start saying he’s over hyped. He could easily be the AB winner. He travels very easily but gone done for pace at the end. I think he should probably have been a bit more assertive from further out. I won’t be surprised if he returns to winning ways soon. It would be reasonable to assume Gordon Elliott know his horses.
                        I'd say the opposite, and if you listen to what Gordon said about his other one closing them down at the line.
                        He either expects to find something or he's not as good as he thinks.

Comment

I'd say the opposite, and if you listen to what Gordon said about his other one closing them down at the line.
                          It was very strange...... travelled and jumped like a star through the race and showed nothing at the finish.

Comment

I reckon AD might have been hungover

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautothegreat8 View Post
                              It was very strange...... travelled and jumped like a star through the race and showed nothing at the finish.
                              If you look closely, as I said after his debut. He diddnt look like he had a ton in tank there, in what was a nothing race in a slow time.

There can be a million excuses, but it's what happens when your limited and go up in grade, he ran the same sort of race if not better, but met one better than him. There'll be plenty more that do the same if he continues down the same path.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Yep, Gordon says it wasn't his running. Sounds like he is expecting to find something wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X