Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
    Sorry to sound like a broken record but surely Trevelyns Corn cost connections £400,000 and hasn’t achieved much yet at the age of 6. This must be a make or break year for him and giving Nichols trainer achievements and reputation then at 33/1 for any race I think I’m going to have a point on him.
    Although he’s still a novice over hurdles, he’s always been a big staying chaser. I’m actually surprised they’re not cracking on with fences although they could still do so after that race.

Comment

Sure Nicholls said the plan for Trevelyns Corn was one run over hurdles and then he will go novice chasing this season? I'd expect him to kick on over a fence

Comment

Originally posted by TJW1990 View Post
        Sure Nicholls said the plan for Trevelyns Corn was one run over hurdles and then he will go novice chasing this season? I'd expect him to kick on over a fence
        His novice status runs out in October i believe so will have to go into open company or over a fence. Almost certainly chasing time for him in the medium term

Comment

The Stable tour report says .... a chaser in the making ... had a wind op over the summer ..

Comment

Gordon on Envoi Allen ; confirming Ballymore as target as much as you can

'Probably go two and a half miles with him this year' - 'I'd imagine 2 and a half will be as much as he goes this season'

Comment

Thanks Crolwey, probably going to have to take note and now get Envoi Allen in the book before the market moves!

Comment

Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                Gordon on Envoi Allen ; confirming Ballymore as target as much as you can

'Probably go two and a half miles with him this year' - 'I'd imagine 2 and a half will be as much as he goes this season'
                Thanks for this Crolwey.
                Do we assume that Malone Road will head to the Supreme now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                  Thanks for this Crolwey.
                  This was my own assumption prior to the quotes, even more so now I guess.

Comment

Have just gone in on Envoi myself now reading that

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      Thanks for this Crolwey.
                      You would assume given they are nearly certain to keep them apart & the speed and turn of foot Malone had shown.

Comment

Added 3pts on Envoi Allen for this race. Been fighting off adding him but i've taken the price whilst he's still in double figures with the option of cashout. Surely only going to go one way in price until the New Year when there will hopefully be a few match ups between the main Irish hopefuls.

I was happy to back Samcro a couple of summers back at slightly bigger odds (I think 14's for this and 10's any race). Whilst EA may not have quite as lofty a reputation and hasn't won his bumpers quite as visually impressive as Samcro did (in 2 of them) he's still set a pretty high bar so it' hard to grumble at the price in relation to others so I kind of think it's now or never to get involved with him

Comment

Thyme Hill runs tomorrow and should provide a slight indication of the cheltenham bumper form.
                          By Kayf Tara and the extra half mile tomorrow should suit.
                          Took 12's earlier.
                          33's for this race don't attract me just yet as I'm not convinced the bumper form is any good.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                            Thyme Hill runs tomorrow and should provide a slight indication of the cheltenham bumper form.
                            Took 12's earlier.
                            33's for this race don't attract me just yet as I'm not convinced the bumper form is any good.
                            some gamble on this now for tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              Took 12's earlier.
                              He'll need to handle deep ground tomorrow as going to be Heavy. Rain going to thump down tonight and tomorrow until mid morning. Was Pretty soft at Cheltenham so should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                                He'll need to handle deep ground tomorrow as going to be Heavy. Rain going to thump down tonight and tomorrow until mid morning. Was Pretty soft at Cheltenham so should be ok.
                                Kayf Tara - so should be fine, might explain the money coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X