Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    Whilst I agree that it’s potentially a very deep race on paper, I do believe they think Envoi Allen is a bit special. If he can jump, he’s going to take some beating.

Take the price before he goes 7/2 favourite when hacking up on his debut in a few weeks.
    Couldn’t agree more MoM #2022 Gold Cup winner

Comment

Added Festival D’ex doubled with Advertise today

Goffs Bumper winners tend to be pretty handy

Comment

Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
        Couldn’t agree more MoM #2022 Gold Cup winner
        Love the optimism, but the Cheltenham Bumper isn't exactly a breeding ground for Gold Cup winners.
        Not sure many have even ran in the race, and that includes the placed and unplaced horses too.

Can think of Cue Card off top of my head, and he was never going to win (no matter what the fan boys say) although that camera angle just before he fell was attractive. The Don would have picked him off no doubt.

Then we might have to go back to the 90's and Florida Pearl & Alexander Banquet.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
          Love the optimism, but the Cheltenham Bumper isn't exactly a breeding ground for Gold Cup winners.
          Not sure many have even ran in the race, and that includes the placed and unplaced horses too.

Can think of Cue Card off top of my head, and he was never going to win (no matter what the fan boys say) although that camera angle just before he fell was attractive. The Don would have picked him off no doubt.

Then we might have to go back to the 90's and Florida Pearl & Alexander Banquet.
          Fair enough QV and far too early for me to start defending a 2022 GC selection ...but really don’t think that EA was the stereotypical bumper winner and to quote Scooby, I’ll let him do his talking on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
            Fair enough QV and far too early for me to start defending a 2022 GC selection ...but really don’t think that EA was the stereotypical bumper winner and to quote Scooby, I’ll let him do his talking on the track.
            Quite right too.
            Although I think I called it the worst Bumper I'd ever seen at the time ?

However, this is yet to be seen in terms of future winners coming from it, and they've had a reasonable start so far, so we'll see.

Comment

Envoi Allen is priced as if he's already made the improvement for an obstacle and step up in trip - at 8/1.

His bumper form is good (obviously), but it's not sensational.... small winning margins - just doing enough? - a bit workman-like?

He's hard not to like though, but there isn't a person that would bother to venture onto these pages that wouldn't already know about him though, and his price reflects that.

Likelyhood is that people are right, and he does make the step up with distance and for obstacles.... but history tells us he'll need to, as usually champion bumper horse doesn't end up at the top table the following year...

Point being, he's priced as if he's an anomoly already, so there isn't an edge now. 8/1 is very short...

I want to get him in the book... I just don't feel I can justify a single on it. Maybe I'll try and roll up onto him
              Last edited by Kevloaf; 19 October 2019, 10:56 AM.

Comment

The champion bumper form has been franked so might be it was a high quality race.

Comment

Originally posted by The Don View Post
                  The champion bumper form has been franked so might be it was a high quality race.
                  There are always winners out of the champ bumper, but given Mullins had 1 runner + not many bumper runners all season, it's probably likely that it was a slightly below par renewal.

Comment

Eden Du Houx declared for 2m 1f maiden at Exeter tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                      Eden Du Houx declared for 2m 1f maiden at Exeter tomorrow.
                      Was holding out on him, but think that is going to force my hand.

Comment

I’m a little surprised Pipe is considering sending him first time out on ground with no cut considering how carefully treated he was last year. He maybe hoping for overnight rain, I’d guess there’s a good chance he could be pulled!

Comment

No rain forecast at Exeter as of yet though, so a strange one.

Comment

There’s also every chance he could be an Albert Bartlett type, il try request a price with 365 for that now.

Comment

Envoi Allen as short as 13/2 with Bet365 now

Comment

Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                                Envoi Allen as short as 13/2 with Bet365 now
                                I know the form is already being franked but that is just a crazy crazy price, I do hope he lives up to the hype though.

Comment

Working...
                                X