Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

ARC de Triomphe 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I reading the card right, just 12 runners ?
    Smallest field I can remember and nullifies the draw to an extent...

Comment

Does anyone know what Enable paid on Pari Mutuel the last two times she has won ??

Comment

Backed Fierement and Soft Light Ew at 40 and 100

Comment

Been lying to myself about whether or not I was going to place this horror value treble... caved in this morning.

Enable (Arc today)
          Pinatubo (Dewhurst 12th Oct)
          Altior (King George)

Just over 6/1

Onyaboyaaa

Magical looks the best of the "good each way" bets to me today, but can see why Sottsass and even Ghiayyath wouild make appeal.

Japan I wouldn't be as happy about as an eac hway bet to nothing, but obviously I can see why he'd win it too.

All in all, just going to watch Enable and hope she wins.... MIGHT have Magical each way if I get a bit nervy.

I hope Albigna wins in the first, I'll back that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Been lying to myself about whether or not I was going to place this horror value treble... caved in this morning.

Enable (Arc today)
            Pinatubo (Dewhurst 12th Oct)
            Altior (King George)

Just over 6/1

Onyaboyaaa

I hope Albigna wins in the first, I'll back that.
            .... Kerrching !!

Comment

Waldgeist 11/8 to finish top 4 is a stonking bet in my opinion.
              Not that I can take advantage of it, betfair is shorter but happy to play anything evs or better, backed 3 places at 3.6 too.
              But like most I'll be happy watching Enable make history...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                I don’t think I’ve read/heard anyone, professional or otherwise, mention Waldgeist.
                Was drawn out wide with Sea of Class last year, met plenty of traffic and flew to finish 4th beaten around 1.5l.
                Was closer to Enable and Crystal Ocean at the finish than at any time of the King George and won the Prix Foy with any amount in hand (weak trial granted).
                Obviously Crystal Ocean and Sea of Class won’t be there and on the book he has little to find with Enable.
                I started using free bets a while back at 16/1 and will probably look to have a more serious bet come Sunday....

Ps - I haven’t seen a 3yo who is capable of winning this, could easily be wrong but whilst the trends are strong for the younger generation and fairer sex this years race could be a buster...
                Well done Sir !!!.

Comment

Well done Ista.

Now, flat seasons nearly done

Comment

Nice return but it does feel a little 'bitter sweet', the game needs superstars and I'd loved to have seen history made though the noises coming from Johnny G maybe her retirement isn't certain so perhaps the defeat may keep her racing for another year ?

Being the judge I am I was chipping away at 12/1 and 14/1 during the week...

Comment

Well picked Istabraq

Comment

Well done Istabraq, saw your selection and had ew bet at 18/1.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
                          You going back in for the Opera QV... 5/2 with Billys seems pretty fair?
                          I did mate.
                          But been on holiday do not much
                          Need to watch all races later today and see what happened

Well done istabraq
                          Sounded like everything fell perfect for waldgiest

Comment

Working...
                          X