Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im going to throw this one out to the forum , sure he has had his supporters in the past. The conundrum that is Might Bite ,a talented but quirky individual who has had his problems but who does go extremely well at Cheltenham in general.
    Henderson says he going to start him back off hurdling before going chasing , now what if he absolutely trots up , do they keep him to hurdles or Plan A - back to chasing. I personally see only the Ryanair as his only long term goal if he does go back chasing , Gold Cup trip just beyond the old boy.

I then glanced at the World Hurdle betting and if you take out Paisley its wide open. MB running style would be well suited to this race and 3m spot on trip wise.

Not backed Might Bite yet but just wanted to see if anyone else has a opinion first.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
      Im going to throw this one out to the forum , sure he has had his supporters in the past. The conundrum that is Might Bite ,a talented but quirky individual who has had his problems but who does go extremely well at Cheltenham in general.
      Henderson says he going to start him back off hurdling before going chasing , now what if he absolutely trots up , do they keep him to hurdles or Plan A - back to chasing. I personally see only the Ryanair as his only long term goal if he does go back chasing , Gold Cup trip just beyond the old boy.

I then glanced at the World Hurdle betting and if you take out Paisley its wide open. MB running style would be well suited to this race and 3m spot on trip wise.

Not backed Might Bite yet but just wanted to see if anyone else has a opinion first.
      too old... ?

Comment

Gone at the game will be retired before Cheltenham imo

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post

My opinion of Might Bite is that chasing was the absolute making of him.

RPR back that up too, with a peak Hurdle rating of 150 - which is a whopping 23lbs short of his 173.

Official ratings are 148 hurdles and 167 chasing too....

It's enough to put me off.

Comment

Cashed out my bet on Emitom for this with PP. He could well still feature so I toyed with keeping the 33/1 but he looked a very raw horse last year and for me he's one where I really think would have benefitted most from a full campaign building up the experience for this race. A campaign starting off in the new year at best with just a couple of runs likely makes him less of an appeal. Big shame as one I was looking forward too and though he'll still be on mind for this, I'll happily reassess come the new year at a shorter price

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
              Cashed out my bet on Emitom for this with PP. He could well still feature so I toyed with keeping the 33/1 but he looked a very raw horse last year and for me he's one where I really think would have benefitted most from a full campaign building up the experience for this race. A campaign starting off in the new year at best with just a couple of runs likely makes him less of an appeal. Big shame as one I was looking forward too and though he'll still be on mind for this, I'll happily reassess come the new year at a shorter price
              What percentage of your stake did you get back Jono? The PP cash outs on my bets vary wildly, often as little as 20-30% of original stake when the price hasn't moved

Comment

I got my stake back plus 10% on the cashout for Emitom but the price had come in from 33's to 20's.
                I agree their cashout offering is certainly less generous than b365 though. Not that i'm looking to cash him at all but Al Dancer for example for the Arkle is still 33/1 from when I backed him and I am currently offered 60% stake back.
                To be honest I pretty much view any cashback offering from PP a bonus as it usually is fairly poor in comparison.

Comment

That's really good (for PP).

My Al Dancer is 60% as well, maybe they've improved their cash outs slightly as some of my others have risen slightly without a price change.

Comment

Added laurina stayers 55.0 50.0

Thought this is where she will go all season, been waiting and just about managed to get enough on to make me somewhat interested. She's not a champion hurdler. She's not quick enough at her hurdles, Ruby's style makes her look like she's travelling very well, but it's all happening too fast for her. Jared has 2 nice mares already for the mares race. Laurina was entered in the 3m hurdle race at punchestown, where she wasn't entered for the chelt stayers. which indicates to me, that stepping up in trip is going to happen. benie will almost certainly go for the penalty kick in the mares, and I see no reason why either jared would put laurina in or willie would want her there when he has some decent young mares to run along side her ie elfile, eglantine de seuil, stormy ireland.

Mullins stable tour will be out in a few days, the mere mention of her needing further, options are open ...
                    Will lead to someone else stealing the price iv been waiting for.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Would Laurina get an allowance in the Stayers?

I’ve just read she would get 7lb allowance

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                        Would Laurina get an allowance in the Stayers?
                        Yes 7 pounds. And possesses the cruising speed to do paisley park, cruise behind the leader, turn of foot between the 2nd last and the last when hes floundering, and hes in a world of trouble.
                        Last edited by Scooby91; 21 October 2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          Yes 7 pounds. And possesses the cruising speed to do paisley park, cruise behind the leader, turn of foot between the 2nd last and the last when hes floundering, and hes in a world of trouble.
                          Whilst you could be right on Laurina and her cruising speed, I don’t think Paisley Park has ever floundered in the last year. Without checking I’d imagine his post race comments were ‘stayed on well’ or words to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            I havent played in race yet as I couldnt see a alternative to PPark. I do like Laurina and I thought she was still a little weak in her frame . She can only improve and strengthen so probably worth a small punt.

Comment

Sorry Scooby but when you state you’ve added her at 55.0 and 50.0 do you mean they are the odds you’ve got? If so, that’s incredible, Laurina is 6/1 with B365 for the Stayers!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                                Whilst you could be right on Laurina and her cruising speed, I don’t think Paisley Park has ever floundered in the last year. Without checking I’d imagine his post race comments were ‘stayed on well’ or words to that effect.
                                Probably bad choise of wording.
                                He takes for ever to get wound up, is in no man's land, then winds up, Hits top gear and sustains it all the way to the line.

If you've a cruising speed and sit behind the leader, when he gets in trouble,( and it will happen) in his customary style, if something with the class of laurina or mister adjudicator is asked to go and win there race and kick on, hes in a world of trouble. Theres going to be some distance to make up,

I think there a blue print for beating him personally. And I'm very happy with the 2 iv backed. No interest in any of the ones he beat last year, or the likes of penhill, who wasnt THAT good, and is an absolute liability to back, 2 years on, even if he was 33s +.

I'd have to give an honourable mention to if the cap fits.

Comment

Working...
                                X