Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Challenge Cup Amateur Riders' Novices' Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally think a lot depends on Champs performances to likely destination of Dickie Diver. Should Champ impress and proves 3m is his trip , cannot believe Mcmanus will want two top notchers in same race so will send DD here. Another valid point is its obviously clear Mcmanus loves this race and tries to win it each year sending good horses every year (Minello Rocco , Edwulf , OK Corral to name a few).

At this stage unless something untoward happens then DD will come here I feel and 25/1 looks huge.

Comment

Gordy mentions Champagne Classic specifically for this race in his stable tour.....

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
        Gordy mentions Champagne Classic specifically for this race in his stable tour.....
        ....and Ravenhill.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
          ....and Ravenhill.
          like Ravenhills profile for this a lot.

Comment

You can back Champagne Classic at 25/1 (price boosted to 27.63/1) with William Hill for Any Festival Race, if you like him for this race, he is currently bigger for Any Race!
            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Champagne Classic entered at Tipp on Sunday over 2m4f.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                Champagne Classic entered at Tipp on Sunday over 2m4f.
                That's going to force a few ante post hands. If he wins well and there is any sort of target confirmation post race, he'll likely be close to 10/1.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                  That's going to force a few ante post hands. If he wins well and there is any sort of target confirmation post race, he'll likely be close to 10/1.
                  Target has been announced as NHC so don't think a race over 2m4f would change much, other than Gordon announcing it on telly vs his betfair blog

Comment

Champagne Classic ticks a hell of a lot of boxes for me, just as a novice chaser in general. I've already backed him 'any race' and feel I may end up going in again before next week.

If he comes here in fair form I'd be super confident.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                      Target has been announced as NHC so don't think a race over 2m4f would change much, other than Gordon announcing it on telly vs his betfair blog
                      I'd imagine a TV interview and subsequent media coverage will have a bigger impact than a betfair stable tour. There is also the actual performance which is currently missing from the price (he could also flop though).

Unfortunately it takes very little to move ante post markets these days and proving a horses well being and target will make a difference in my opinion.
                      Last edited by JackieMoon33; 1 October 2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Followed suit on Champagne Classic Any Race at 27/1 with WH. Bar a late injury he would have been in the NHC with Codd onboard. Elliott's latest comments suggest that to be the initial target once again. I like the experience angle in the race so last year could be an advantage. Keen to get him onside before this weekend which has been a decent starting point over the last few years (Le Richebourg, Rathvinden, First Lieutenant)

I think his runs last year were more than fair considering his layoff and suggest a lot of the ability is still there with him

Comment

The decs for Sunday will be interesting but, as it stands, I think that he's only third top on adjusted RPRs.

Comment

Movewiththetimes declared in same race.
                            Still mooching about in novice chases.
                            Reminds me of Junior School and a lad called Paul Stephens, by the time he went to senior school he had a fucking beard.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              Movewiththetimes declared in same race.
                              Still mooching about in novice chases.
                              Reminds me of Junior School and a lad called Paul Stephens, by the time he went to senior school he had a fucking beard.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                                Followed suit on Champagne Classic Any Race at 27/1 with WH. Bar a late injury he would have been in the NHC with Codd onboard. Elliott's latest comments suggest that to be the initial target once again. I like the experience angle in the race so last year could be an advantage. Keen to get him onside before this weekend which has been a decent starting point over the last few years (Le Richebourg, Rathvinden, First Lieutenant)

I think his runs last year were more than fair considering his layoff and suggest a lot of the ability is still there with him
                                Agree with all of that Jono and have done the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X