Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Challenge Cup Amateur Riders' Novices' Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Hunt Challenge Cup Amateur Riders' Novices' Chase

Apologies in advance if this has been kept off thus far out for a reason but looking back through the threads last years started up in May and i'm happy to have an early dart on last years Martin Pipe winner EARLY DOORS.

Looking below at the last 6 renewals 2014-2019 JP has had only one runner every year(bar last year had two runners) and all went off single figures, so it's reasonable to assume if you land on a horse you think of his is going to line up here it's worth taking the early price.

Jp runners SP and position finished
    2014- SHUTTHEFRONTDOOR , SP 4/1 , Position 6th
    2015-CAUSEOFCAUSES, SP 8/1 , Position 1st
    2016-MINELLA ROCCO SP 8/1, Position 1st
    2017-EDWULF SP 5/1 , Position Pu thou was lucky to escape the track with his life.
    2018-NO COMMENT SP 9/1,Position 6th (thou last of the finishers)
    2019-Ok CORRAL SP 4/1, Position Pu (arguably in the wrong race) JERRYSBACK SP 16/1,Position 3rd (thou last of the finishers.

Martin Pipe Hurdle has built the reputation of horses going down that race route with a view to being strong staying chasers in recent years. Early doors made his chase debut last month in unspectacular style making novicey mistakes but on the whole a respectable debut while being outpaced on a quicker surface than ideal. He seems at home on soft conditions and obviously relishes a stamina test so i would hope he goes down this route as even if it were to be good ground the stamnia test should bring out the best in him.He doesn't strike me as a horse potentially classy enough to go down the RSA route and hopefully they don't try to run to a mark with a view to targeting a 3 mile race such as the Ultima or even the Kim Muir.

Has course form in the book has ran to hurdles marks of 140+ so if showing any improvement will be up there with any of the horses who contest this race as someone touched on top rated having v.good records in this and should be guaranteed a crack amateur on given the owner.

Early thoughts on this or any other horse in mind for the race?

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
    Apologies in advance if this has been kept off thus far out for a reason but looking back through the threads last years started up in May and i'm happy to have an early dart on last years Martin Pipe winner EARLY DOORS.

Looking below at the last 6 renewals 2014-2019 JP has had only one runner every year(bar last year had two runners) and all went off single figures, so it's reasonable to assume if you land on a horse you think of his is going to line up here it's worth taking the early price.

Jp runners SP and position finished
    2014- SHUTTHEFRONTDOOR , SP 4/1 , Position 6th
    2015-CAUSEOFCAUSES, SP 8/1 , Position 1st
    2016-MINELLA ROCCO SP 8/1, Position 1st
    2017-EDWULF SP 5/1 , Position Pu thou was lucky to escape the track with his life.
    2018-NO COMMENT SP 9/1,Position 6th (thou last of the finishers)
    2019-Ok CORRAL SP 4/1, Position Pu (arguably in the wrong race) JERRYSBACK SP 16/1,Position 3rd (thou last of the finishers.

Martin Pipe Hurdle has built the reputation of horses going down that race route with a view to being strong staying chasers in recent years. Early doors made his chase debut last month in unspectacular style making novicey mistakes but on the whole a respectable debut while being outpaced on a quicker surface than ideal. He seems at home on soft conditions and obviously relishes a stamina test so i would hope he goes down this route as even if it were to be good ground the stamnia test should bring out the best in him.He doesn't strike me as a horse potentially classy enough to go down the RSA route and hopefully they don't try to run to a mark with a view to targeting a 3 mile race such as the Ultima or even the Kim Muir.

Has course form in the book has ran to hurdles marks of 140+ so if showing any improvement will be up there with any of the horses who contest this race as someone touched on top rated having v.good records in this and should be guaranteed a crack amateur on given the owner.

Early thoughts on this or any other horse in mind for the race?
    Dickie diver the standout and an absolute no brainer if you have cashout. Very Likely to be fav down the line, and crying out for the trip.

Id like to see him stay over hurdles and have a crack at the stayers myself, gain a bit more experiance before going chasing the year after. But seems unlikely to happen
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I personally think given his light profile and words spoken about him that they would try down the RSA route with Dickie Diver, i know he was a fair distance behind the 3 Irish horses in front of him and a never nearer staying on etc but given his size would hope over fences he is one that could improve dramatically.
      I can see him being popular in this market until rough plans are outlined thou yes Scooby.

Comment

David Pipe nominates this as a possible for Know The Score

Comment

Carefully selected and lisnagar Oscar the two that interest me at this stage

Comment

Patrick would love to get Carefully Selected in here but they love the horse and have minded him through last season when things didn't go quite to plan. Ran bravely against Minella Indo when still not sparkling and the RSA is very much the plan I think. The early Mullins horse for this is Brahma Bull.

Comment

Dickie Diver seems the obvious one but doesn’t sound like Hendo is keen. The race changes might alter that though

Comment

Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
                Patrick would love to get Carefully Selected in here but they love the horse and have minded him through last season when things didn't go quite to plan. Ran bravely against Minella Indo when still not sparkling and the RSA is very much the plan I think. The early Mullins horse for this is Brahma Bull.
                Just a word of caution with Brahma Bull, Mullins did say after one of his runs that a course like Cheltenham wouldn't suit him.

It's stopped me backing him so far at least...

Comment

Backed Brahma Bull some time ago, only one I've backed so far

Be surprised if Dickie Diver ends up here, I hope, like Scooby, that he stays over hurdles myself.

Carefully Selected was next on my list, so might add him in shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
                    Carefully selected and lisnagar Oscar the two that interest me at this stage
                    Got to agree here, I am already on Carefully Selected for this, but I very much like the look of Oscar and would be interested to see what prices are about for him as not seen him priced up anywhere yet

Comment

Originally posted by Native River View Post
                      Got to agree here, I am already on Carefully Selected for this, but I very much like the look of Oscar and would be interested to see what prices are about for him as not seen him priced up anywhere yet
                      Lisnagar Oscar is 25/1 any race with hills

Comment

Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
                        Lisnagar Oscar is 25/1 any race with hills
                        Cheers Kauto! Might look to get him priced up for this alone, I'm not sure I would be convinced he has the class for an RSA so this would probably be one of the few races I'd be interested in him for and I imagine could get a good price for it.

Comment

Could do with Hills pricing the race up

Comment

Love this horse and posted after seeing at Chepstow last season , I stood at the last fence waiting to pick up my winnings when he crashed through the last and lost momentum and still managed to get back up and almost beat L Oscar , beaten a head .
                            Would absolutely love to see staying over hurdles but Henderson and chasers ......
                            Took 20/1 WH Any Race as plans not set in stone

Comment

qualification for horses is to have finished in the 1st 4 in a chase (under Rules) over 2m7½f+.

Worth highlighting this. Discorama and jerry's back both wouldnt have been eligible last year.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                              X