Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 144
  1. #1
    3lb Claimer
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    243

    National Hunt Challenge Cup Amateur Riders' Novices' Chase

    Apologies in advance if this has been kept off thus far out for a reason but looking back through the threads last years started up in May and i'm happy to have an early dart on last years Martin Pipe winner EARLY DOORS.

    Looking below at the last 6 renewals 2014-2019 JP has had only one runner every year(bar last year had two runners) and all went off single figures, so it's reasonable to assume if you land on a horse you think of his is going to line up here it's worth taking the early price.

    Jp runners SP and position finished
    2014- SHUTTHEFRONTDOOR , SP 4/1 , Position 6th
    2015-CAUSEOFCAUSES, SP 8/1 , Position 1st
    2016-MINELLA ROCCO SP 8/1, Position 1st
    2017-EDWULF SP 5/1 , Position Pu thou was lucky to escape the track with his life.
    2018-NO COMMENT SP 9/1,Position 6th (thou last of the finishers)
    2019-Ok CORRAL SP 4/1, Position Pu (arguably in the wrong race) JERRYSBACK SP 16/1,Position 3rd (thou last of the finishers.

    Martin Pipe Hurdle has built the reputation of horses going down that race route with a view to being strong staying chasers in recent years. Early doors made his chase debut last month in unspectacular style making novicey mistakes but on the whole a respectable debut while being outpaced on a quicker surface than ideal. He seems at home on soft conditions and obviously relishes a stamina test so i would hope he goes down this route as even if it were to be good ground the stamnia test should bring out the best in him.He doesn't strike me as a horse potentially classy enough to go down the RSA route and hopefully they don't try to run to a mark with a view to targeting a 3 mile race such as the Ultima or even the Kim Muir.

    Has course form in the book has ran to hurdles marks of 140+ so if showing any improvement will be up there with any of the horses who contest this race as someone touched on top rated having v.good records in this and should be guaranteed a crack amateur on given the owner.

    Early thoughts on this or any other horse in mind for the race?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Apologies in advance if this has been kept off thus far out for a reason but looking back through the threads last years started up in May and i'm happy to have an early dart on last years Martin Pipe winner EARLY DOORS.

    Looking below at the last 6 renewals 2014-2019 JP has had only one runner every year(bar last year had two runners) and all went off single figures, so it's reasonable to assume if you land on a horse you think of his is going to line up here it's worth taking the early price.

    Jp runners SP and position finished
    2014- SHUTTHEFRONTDOOR , SP 4/1 , Position 6th
    2015-CAUSEOFCAUSES, SP 8/1 , Position 1st
    2016-MINELLA ROCCO SP 8/1, Position 1st
    2017-EDWULF SP 5/1 , Position Pu thou was lucky to escape the track with his life.
    2018-NO COMMENT SP 9/1,Position 6th (thou last of the finishers)
    2019-Ok CORRAL SP 4/1, Position Pu (arguably in the wrong race) JERRYSBACK SP 16/1,Position 3rd (thou last of the finishers.

    Martin Pipe Hurdle has built the reputation of horses going down that race route with a view to being strong staying chasers in recent years. Early doors made his chase debut last month in unspectacular style making novicey mistakes but on the whole a respectable debut while being outpaced on a quicker surface than ideal. He seems at home on soft conditions and obviously relishes a stamina test so i would hope he goes down this route as even if it were to be good ground the stamnia test should bring out the best in him.He doesn't strike me as a horse potentially classy enough to go down the RSA route and hopefully they don't try to run to a mark with a view to targeting a 3 mile race such as the Ultima or even the Kim Muir.

    Has course form in the book has ran to hurdles marks of 140+ so if showing any improvement will be up there with any of the horses who contest this race as someone touched on top rated having v.good records in this and should be guaranteed a crack amateur on given the owner.

    Early thoughts on this or any other horse in mind for the race?
    Dickie diver the standout and an absolute no brainer if you have cashout. Very Likely to be fav down the line, and crying out for the trip.

    Id like to see him stay over hurdles and have a crack at the stayers myself, gain a bit more experiance before going chasing the year after. But seems unlikely to happen

  3. #3
    3lb Claimer
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    243
    I personally think given his light profile and words spoken about him that they would try down the RSA route with Dickie Diver, i know he was a fair distance behind the 3 Irish horses in front of him and a never nearer staying on etc but given his size would hope over fences he is one that could improve dramatically.
    I can see him being popular in this market until rough plans are outlined thou yes Scooby.

  4. #4
    Top Amateur paz247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    357
    David Pipe nominates this as a possible for Know The Score

  5. #5
    3lb Claimer
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    134
    Carefully selected and lisnagar Oscar the two that interest me at this stage

  6. #6
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Devon & Dublin
    Posts
    414
    Patrick would love to get Carefully Selected in here but they love the horse and have minded him through last season when things didn't go quite to plan. Ran bravely against Minella Indo when still not sparkling and the RSA is very much the plan I think. The early Mullins horse for this is Brahma Bull.

  7. #7
    Dickie Diver seems the obvious one but doesn’t sound like Hendo is keen. The race changes might alter that though

  8. #8
    Champ Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    11,694
    Quote Originally Posted by delsie777 View Post
    Patrick would love to get Carefully Selected in here but they love the horse and have minded him through last season when things didn't go quite to plan. Ran bravely against Minella Indo when still not sparkling and the RSA is very much the plan I think. The early Mullins horse for this is Brahma Bull.
    Just a word of caution with Brahma Bull, Mullins did say after one of his runs that a course like Cheltenham wouldn't suit him.

    It's stopped me backing him so far at least...

  9. #9
    Backed Brahma Bull some time ago, only one I've backed so far


    Be surprised if Dickie Diver ends up here, I hope, like Scooby, that he stays over hurdles myself.

    Carefully Selected was next on my list, so might add him in shortly.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kautostar View Post
    Carefully selected and lisnagar Oscar the two that interest me at this stage
    Got to agree here, I am already on Carefully Selected for this, but I very much like the look of Oscar and would be interested to see what prices are about for him as not seen him priced up anywhere yet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •