Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been going through the list of horses on Oddschecker for this race, and one stands out, Mister Coffey.

Currently a 66/1 shot for the race, he was recently purchased by Lady Bamford (she owns a load of good flat horses with John Gosden) from Harry Whittington, for 340k, and sent to Nicky Henderson, after an impressive victory over a load of very average horses on his rules debut in a bumper at Huntingdon.

Mister Coffey done pretty much everything wrong on debut, he sweated before the off, was green, and pulled for near enough the whole race, but looked a fairly quick horse nonetheless. He looked a huge horse, compared with the other runners that day and I suspect chasing will be his end game.

Nicky has Shishkin & Chantry House, both from the PTP sphere, who could well end up over further, leaving the door open for Mister Coffey (I'm sure others as well) as his Supreme candidates.

I've had a tentative play, as IMO, 66/1 is more than fair at this very early stage.
    Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 8 October 2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Liam, probably doesn't help that Mark Howard put him in his Irish Field piece ....so not only did the buyers of his book get the information, but all the buyers of that weekly paper.

Comment

Also on his Sportinglife column yesterday: https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...-follow/172452

Betstars 33/1 didn't last long.....into 14/1 co-fav. Now that's taking evasive action

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious Chin View Post
          Also on his Sportinglife column yesterday: https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...-follow/172452

Betstars 33/1 didn't last long.....into 14/1 co-fav. Now that's taking evasive action
          Probably took £100 for it and ran for cover. None of the bookies want ante post liabilities these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            Probably took £100 for it and ran for cover. None of the bookies want ante post liabilities these days.
            I am surprised they are not more ambitious. Plenty of punters prepared to snatch up big prices on horses we haven't even seen yet

Comment

The game changed when the independents disappeared and the industry became dominated by a few big boys sadly

Comment

Obviously a bit tongue and cheek - interesting all the same.

Was Riccis 1 to follow along with Fly Smart
                Last edited by Run4Home; 8 October 2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I want it on record that if either Jon Snow or Fly Smart turn out to be the next Faugheen then I was the one who first mentioned them on this forum and I want to shed my Top Amateur status!!! OK!!!!!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                    I want it on record that if either Jon Snow or Fly Smart turn out to be the next Faugheen then I was the one who first mentioned them on this forum and I want to shed my Top Amateur status!!! OK!!!!!!! lol
                    You best get posting a bit more to shed the 'Top Amateur' tag, as I'm sure it's done on number of posts!

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                      Reflecting on the 2020 Cheltenham Festival and building up towards 2021. Threads on all major races including Gold Cup, Queen Mother and Champion Hurdle. Share early Cheltenham Festival Tips and check out our preview night reports.

https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                        Obviously a bit tongue and cheek - interesting all the same.

Was Riccis 1 to follow along with Fly Smart
                        A teenager seeking likes and followers by drawing parallels between Jon Snow and Faugheen is not in any way interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          A teenager seeking likes and followers by drawing parallels between Jon Snow and Faugheen is not in any way interesting.
                          Each to there own but not sure the relevance of his age and especially not given his background in the game and his knowledge of the sport.

Comment

What Comparisons does Jon Snow have with Faugheen apart from the owner and trainer?

Comment

Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
                              What Comparisons does Jon Snow have with Faugheen apart from the owner and trainer?
                              Absolutelyyyyy bugger all!

I guess the lad was just a big Faugheen fan and probably wants to see another like him, don't we all though!

Comment

Lol boll**ks Ill give you that one!! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X