Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Horse has been on the radar since you highlighted him early last season.

Thought the 66/1 that Unibet had was worth hovering over and despite his jumping I've taken it.

Needs to improve, but it's November...

You backed him for this race?
    I have at 50's with Bet365 as I figured that even if he ran poorly, his price was unlikely to drift any further and I'd at least get the majority of my money back.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
      I have at 50's with Bet365 as I figured that even if he ran poorly, his price was unlikely to drift any further and I'd at least get the majority of my money back.
      Ok good, I didn't want his cheerleader to have left him unbacked and me be flying the flag alone.

We'll go down together on this one

Comment

Ok good, I didn't want his cheerleader to have left him unbacked and me be flying the flag alone.

We'll go down together on this one
        You'll both be encouraged to know that Tizzard has just said.
        We'll try and win a nice novice race with him and stick to novices for now, before we think about handicaps ???
        Then he said he'd ask the owners where to go next.

Comment

• He also mentioned getting a mark, and the race he just won being a tricky one to rate.
          Betfair hurdle ?

Comment

• I did catch that - he's such a clown.

Betfair Hurdle would be good if that is in mind though.... although ultimately means he'll fall short against likely classier animals in March.

Comment

• Well the price was good enough to take a chance and things will most definitely change as this is Tizzard we're talking about after all

Comment

I did catch that - he's such a clown.

Betfair Hurdle would be good if that is in mind though.... although ultimately means he'll fall short against likely classier animals in March.
                “Tizzie “ Colin fries my head arghhhhh

Comment

• QUOTES: Most of ours have needed the run this year. Colin Tizzard on MASTER DEBONAIR was only beaten two lengths at Cheltneham. I think he handles this ground and there should be a nice novice race for him around Christmas time. The owners are quite keen on handicapping. I've never really won a big handicap hurdle and would much rather do the novice route and have him as a novice chaser next year, but we'll see what his mark is - Colin Tizzard, trainer.

Comment

• As an Abacadabras backer for this I’m not too worried about the step up today but am admittedly a little perplexed. He has plenty of speed and Fury Road has been backed from 5/6 to 1/3 like defeat is out of the question. It could be a case of avoiding Samcro but he’s aimed plenty of his decent novices at this race so not too worried.

Comment

• Abacadabras will he declared a NR

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
                        Abacadabras will he declared a NR
                        Declared NR in the Monksfield as expected

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
                          Declared NR in the Monksfield as expected
                          Have to wonder with the money coming for Fury Road how far in advance this was known. Glad overall.

Comment

• Do we know the reason Abacadabras is a non-runner today?

I'm pleased about that having still got my Supreme ticket...although if he's missing the race as he's had a set back, it'll be a set back.

Comment

Do we know the reason Abacadabras is a non-runner today?

I'm pleased about that having still got my Supreme ticket...although if he's missing the race as he's had a set back, it'll be a set back.
                              'Change in going'

Comment

• Thanks Archie.

Ultimately, the fact he was due to run isn't positive but glad he's not injured etc.

Maybe they're concerned the trip is too far in the ground.

Got about 1 straw there....

Comment

Working...
                                X