Page 1 of 81 1231151 ... LastLast
    Top Amateur

Supreme Novices Hurdle

Cant find a thread for this so started one, apologies if Ive missed it.

Every year people seem to be keen to get with Willies Supreme horse and more specifically Willie and Rich Ricci's Supreme horse. They havent landed this for a few years but they always get overbet and generally give a good opportunity for a back to lay.

With that in mint, I wonder if Fly Smart might be the one this year, also think Jon Snow needs a mention on the same basis and wondered if anyone has heard anything about either??

Top Amateur
    On a slightly separate note I read Paul Fergusons book and Jamie Codd comments about Malone Road in there (worryingly for a Supreme backer)

"Like the same owners' Envoi Allen, it actually wouldnt surprise me if he turned into a ballymore horse too."

Quote Originally Posted by billymag View Post
    Cant find a thread for this so started one, apologies if Ive missed it.

Every year people seem to be keen to get with Willies Supreme horse and more specifically Willie and Rich Ricci's Supreme horse. They havent landed this for a few years but they always get overbet and generally give a good opportunity for a back to lay.

With that in mint, I wonder if Fly Smart might be the one this year, also think Jon Snow needs a mention on the same basis and wondered if anyone has heard anything about either??

Ricci has 17 novices alone.
    Fly smart a likely one, from macaire as many before him, smooth aqps win before a tenderly handled 2nd on debut over hurdles to retain his novice status, been with mullins since 18/11/2018. Which is the timeline of the likes of vautour/ klassical dream.... Everything screams it.

However once again ricci alone, has 17.

John snow wouldnt be ringing alarm bells for me, hes ground dependant to a point they couldnt get him out last year, when he was sound throughout, off the flat with slightly worse form to riccis triumph horse who was disspointing to my eye. But who knows...

Havent bought the book myself, but whatever goes blue on oddschecker in the middle of the week, is what hes put up in mark howards book. And will get steam rolled into fav.

Also worth noting
    feu du bresil

(Yannick fouin who provided min) was sold to boullard / mullins / ricci
    Been there since 20/11/18 so dates are spot on, and fouin whos a trusted vendor, never gives them a hard race first time up. He himself recieved an educational ride to finish a close 2nd, before being sold on.

3rd has gone on to run in a grade 1 and win a listed race. 5th has finished 2nd in 2 listed races and tried in a grade 1. Hes also a very likely sort. And one to look out for.

Might be worth adding him to the market, as if he is the one thats put up in mark howards book. And 20 price requests go in on the same day with various books. your not going to be getting the 33s or 50s, you should be getting now.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 09-14-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Feu De Bresil (although spelt wrong) is 33's any race with Hills.

Of the non Mullins lot I can't wait to see Get In The Queue out over hurdles.

Quote Originally Posted by billymag View Post
    On a slightly separate note I read Paul Fergusons book and Jamie Codd comments about Malone Road in there (worryingly for a Supreme backer)

"Like the same owners' Envoi Allen, it actually wouldnt surprise me if he turned into a ballymore horse too."
    Interesting comments. The fact he said 'too' implies Envoi Allen's target is also pencilled in?

Need a stayer for the Supreme and a horse with a turn of foot for a Ballymore

Envoi Allen - Supreme / Malone Road - Ballymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Interesting comments. The fact he said 'too' implies Envoi Allen's target is also pencilled in?

Need a stayer for the Supreme and a horse with a turn of foot for a Ballymore

Envoi Allen - Supreme / Malone Road - Ballymore

'Hopefully he can develop into a leading contender for the ballymore this season' - Jamie Codd in the book

Anybody know anything about BLUE GILL?

Mark Howard said he’s already backed a couple for the Supreme and the Triumph so we can expect market moves when his book is posted out next week

Top Amateur
    Anyone heard anything on Fils Spirituel? Believe he's with WPM