Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Before I place this bet ... help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll go in and edit long quotes from now on, as it seems a common theme/complaint and it's easy enough to rectify.

Comment

Good morning gentlemen, I’m alive and well and just come out of my Summer hibernation!!!

This site is truly a class act , constructively critical and devoid of idiots .

We all have our own opinions eg last season I was strongly in the Dickie Diver camp over Birchdale
      No not because I’ve a few shares in Clarendon Street ( which despite setbacks I still believe to potentially be a good chaser ) but because I saw Dickie Diver at Chepstow and loved what I saw , despite BG at the last !!! Arghh lol
      Some were Birchdale fans and still are , for the perfect recipe we need different ingredients and that’s what this site possesses

Kev , editing quotes , yes please

Looking forward to a third profitable Festival , good luck to all on here for a prosperous NH season
      Mark Howard book out next week
      Always a good read IMO

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      I'll go in and edit long quotes from now on, as it seems a common theme/complaint and it's easy enough to rectify.

Comment

Bit sexist Gentlemen?
        Not intentional

How many female members Kev?

Comment

Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
          Bit sexist Gentlemen?
          Not intentional

How many female members Kev?
          Don’t think it’s about male or female anymore.
          It’s about who you identify as.
          I identify as part male human and part female equine.
          For future reference

Comment

Deep Q
            Lol

Comment

I have a hair in Clarendon Street too Humble Pie. Think there’s much more to come from him over fences this year.

Comment

Should IMO have won first time out but loved his bumper performance which smacked future chaser .
                As you know he’s had a wind op which knocked him hard and a few other set backs .

Fully fit I agree there could be a lot come
                Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                  It's a fair point if you're quoting a complete post just to answer a few words in that post. Some may not know that you can delete the unwanted portion of the quoted material.

On the main issue, I'm always happy to be the resident wet blanket. There's no silver lining that I can't match with a cloud but I'll try to do it constructively.
                  Apologies in advance , but i'm a rank amateur on a computer, so if someone could explain how to delete the unwanted portion ...
                  I would definitely do that.

Comment

Unfortunately I did post quite a number of times pissed as I often look at the forum late at night during my downtime and still often do sorry, much to my embarrassment the next day when either I’ve easily answered my own question by researching a bit. I still haven’t worked out how to delete an entire post yet??

A thread may also exist but it would be helpful if there was a thread for general horse racing questions around terminology, practices and techniques for the likes of me who are still learning the lingo and find it tricky to find the information on line. There is still a lot of terminology I’m confused by and techniques used in horse racing when analysing a horses performance or race. It would be helpful if and when you have time to answer such questions.. You can’t understand something you’ve never learnt and it would certainly improve my knowledge and understanding of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                      if someone could explain how to delete the unwanted portion
                      When you do Reply With Quote you get the original post between the square bracket post delimiters. All you need to do is use 'Delete' or 'Backspace' keys to remove the unwanted words.

Comment

How about deleting a whole post? Am I missing the obvious or is there a tab to delete the whole post??

Comment

It looks like the delete function isn't enabled so your best bet is to edit, maybe with a message requesting a moderator to delete.

Comment

Ok thanks Archie. It’s not normally anything offence but just dumb or I’ve posted duff info. The obvious option is not to post under the influence or think before posting but what’s the fun in that

Comment

It looks like the delete function isn't enabled so your best bet is to edit, maybe with a message requesting a moderator to delete.
                              Please don’t assume all mods are clever enough to perform this task, no doubt FM and Kev are less dinosaur like than me....

Comment

When you do Reply With Quote you get the original post between the square bracket post delimiters. All you need to do is use 'Delete' or 'Backspace' keys to **** the unwanted words.
                                I will try this , Thank's Archie. As you can see ,Got it - Great.

Comment

Working...
                                X