Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To clarify Patrick was directly quoted on camera in the lead up to the Festival saying he thinks he’d be better over shorter and if memory serves me correct Willie was quoted as saying there are those in the yard who said the same (obvs inc Patrick). While Willie doesn’t say he agrees with this he also doesn’t say he disagrees hence why I feel the owners had some role in the final decision as I believe they were keen to run him over further. It’s possible Willie just didn’t have a strong view on his best trip

Comment

• Created a Ryanair 2021 thread now:

Reflecting on the 2020 Cheltenham Festival and building up towards 2021. Threads on all major races including Gold Cup, Queen Mother and Champion Hurdle. Share early Cheltenham Festival Tips and check out our preview night reports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
        With plenty of talk coming from the stable about running Alloha in the Marsh I remain far from convinced it was Willie’s preference to run him in the RSA and it was the owners that pulled rank. Even with this theory though it means there is a very good chance the owners will prefer to go for Gold Cup despite Willie and Co saying look he doesn’t stay well enough as proved by the RSA run.
        Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        Would love to hear archie’s response to that....
        Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
        To clarify Patrick was directly quoted on camera in the lead up to the Festival saying he thinks he’d be better over shorter and if memory serves me correct Willie was quoted as saying there are those in the yard who said the same (obvs inc Patrick). While Willie doesn’t say he agrees with this he also doesn’t say he disagrees hence why I feel the owners had some role in the final decision as I believe they were keen to run him over further. It’s possible Willie just didn’t have a strong view on his best trip
        Pre-Cheltenham, all I'd ever heard (at secondhand) was that Willie considered Allaho a potential Gold Cup horse. I was fairly strong on the line that he'd go RSA although, as a young horse, there was always the possibility that they might have wanted another year on him before going for a 3 mile championship. Personally, I don't believe that the RSA showed that he didn't stay 3 miles. He beat Minella Indo over 3 miles and it might just be that since that early hurdle race, Minella Indo has simply improved past him. Likewise, with another summer's grass in him, this might be when Allaho gets extra strength and maturity.

What I will say is that unless the chasing programme is radically different this autumn, you won't get much of a clue as to his Cheltenham target. Depending on when he comes to hand you could easily see him in something like the Clonmel Oils and then the Savills at Christmas.

** I've answered on here as I've used quotes from here. In an ideal world I'll manage to copy it over to the new thread.

Comment

• Thanks archie, though the reason I was looking for your response was In relation to the suggestion that owners dictated the target over the the trainer.

And yes you have mentioned the Irish programme previously, so we all need to take note...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            The Ryanair may well prove to be the best target for Allaho but having contested the big 3m novices hurdles last Spring (2019) tells me they always had the horse down as a Gold Cup horse.
            Allowing for improvement with age/experience he could still achieve this and has little to find with Minella Indo.
            I doubt Mullins makes many mistakes when judging a horses optimum trip....
            He's been behind Minella Indo last 3 times they have met, think the 'has little to find' comment is a bit lenient, only my opinion of course!

Comment

• Originally posted by OverTheLast View Post
              He's been behind Minella Indo last 3 times they have met, think the 'has little to find' comment is a bit lenient, only my opinion of course!
              Allaho was 2l behind Minella Indo at Punch and a length behind him in the RSA so I think the little to find comment is reasonable.
              Personally I think they’re both proper horses who would be players in a Gold Cup...

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkle View Post
                Allaho just turned 6 last month there’s room for improvement! I think he would win the Ryanair but I would be surprised if he didn’t go for the gold cup I think the owners would like a runner in it!
                This is how i see it too , Arkle .

Comment

Allaho was 2l behind Minella Indo at Punch and a length behind him in the RSA so I think the little to find comment is reasonable.
                  Personally I think they’re both proper horses who would be players in a Gold Cup...
                  As i just said , Agree . Considering it was Allaho's 3rd chase run .
                  Third place in the R.S.A , is good form .
                  shades of D.D.S / L.I.T . with minella indo and Allaho.
                  I'm off to Kev's New R/air thread now .............

Comment

Minella Indo picked up again once Champ went by, Allaho didn’t which suggests to me he was at his maximum distance - a different ride could have helped but there is no doubt in my mind MI will stay the Gold Cup better

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                      Minella Indo picked up again once Champ went by, Allaho didn’t which suggests to me he was at his maximum distance - a different ride could have helped but there is no doubt in my mind MI will stay the Gold Cup better
                      Totally agree with this without the mistake at the last Mi pulls a few lengths clear of Allaho. Find it hard to see a way he turns the form around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        For people against Min, he's now 3/1....

Now you can make your points about this not being the right race for him etc .... but when you do, just remember we've been telling you he's good value all year

Could trade out now noooooo problem
                        Just been looking for another post and can't help bumping this

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        You ain't trading out though Kev, so a good value loser

Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Min the meek.

Comment

Min just won't get up that hill. Why don't you listen to me !!

Comment

That Thursday was just about the absolute best advocate for antepost betting you could ask for. Big vouchers for almost everyone on here many many months in advance at double figures prices on Min, Samcro and Simply the Betts with them all winning at 3/1 or shorter.

‘Antepost is dead’ they say. FatJockey unanimously scoffs at such a statement!
                            Last edited by Middle_Of_March; 10 August 2020, 05:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              I prefer Min @ 12/1 than Defi Du Seuil @ 8/1. I think Min has been waiting for this step up in trip (at the festival) for some time now.
                              Might as well leave this here from 12th September then

Comment

Working...
                              X