Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryanair 2020

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    A lot happened in the 22 hours I was away from this thread ........

I would love it if a lurker joined up called "Curry Corner"

Professional Fat Jockey (and self-proclaimed Voice of Reason) Quevega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    A lot happened in the 22 hours I was away from this thread ........

I would love it if a lurker joined up called "Curry Corner"
    It went all food related, typical middle aged men. Traffic and Food.

Professional Fat Jockey SeanRock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Yep, there usually is a pub/food/lapdancing thread nearer the time.

We'll move back to Ryanair chat now....
    Now we’re talking Ista, can’t have a stag without some fine filly’s strutting there stuff. Bennie & Lamarckise can look after things on the track

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) MadeinJapan's Avatar
    I know there’s been a lot of debate about Min... does anyone on here think he’ll be out of the first 3 home? The way the race could cut up, coupled with this being his optimum distance arguably and given proven Cheltenham placed form against better competition (Altior!) than he’ll face here,, I personally can’t see why he’ll be out of the first 3. I can’t find 3 in front of him, the “to be placed” market is up today on the Exchange & he’s a shade over even money to be in the first 3. In my opinion, that’s the banker of the meeting right there, closely followed by Paisley Park outright win in the Stayers. This strategy worked well twice for me previously in backing My Tent or Yours to place in the CH, albeit at better odds. I’d rather back a horse at evens for first 3 than 13/8 to win at Cheltenham. I’ve also backed Min to win too as think he will but this for me is my “banker”.

I’m looking to get a bollocking for posting about an even money shot here btw... also, does my profile picture show up as tried putting one on & can’t see it?
    Last edited by MadeinJapan; 01-25-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Professional Fat Jockey charlie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeinJapan View Post
    I know there’s been a lot of debate about Min... does anyone on here think he’ll be out of the first 3 home? The way the race could cut up, coupled with this being his optimum distance arguably and given proven Cheltenham placed form against better competition (Altior!) than he’ll face here,, I personally can’t see why he’ll be out of the first 3. I can’t find 3 in front of him, the “to be placed” market is up today on the Exchange & he’s a shade over even money to be in the first 3. In my opinion, that’s the banker of the meeting right there, closely followed by Paisley Park outright win in the Stayers. This strategy worked well twice for me previously in backing My Tent or Yours to place in the CH, albeit at better odds. I’d rather back a horse at evens for first 3 than 13/8 to win at Cheltenham. I’ve also backed Min to win too as think he will but this for me is my “banker”.

I’m looking to get a bollocking for posting about an even money shot here btw... also, does my profile picture show up as tried putting one on & can’t see it?
    You deserve a high five for a case well made, bollocks to the bollocking

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar

Still having 6/7 weeks to go is the thing that'd stop me having a decent bet on that.

I certainly agree that he'll be in the top 3, and think even is a far price.

....but I'd want a large stake on, to make it worthwhile, and him missing the festival would skew results.

That part of it, is too much of a gamble for me.... I'd sooner take the NRNB e/w price.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) MadeinJapan's Avatar
    Still having 6/7 weeks to go is the thing that'd stop me having a decent bet on that.

....but I'd want a large stake on, to make it worthwhile, and him missing the festival would skew results.

That part of it, is too much of a gamble for me.... I'd sooner take the NRNB e/w price.
    Fair comment on taking NRNB e/w in case he doesn’t show up & anything can happen in upcoming few weeks as we all know... think I’ll put on a mixture of both & add as time goes on.

Professional Fat Jockey charlie's Avatar

Yeh this. If that's near even money the week before I am parting with chunks

Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    I know there’s been a lot of debate about Min... does anyone on here think he’ll be out of the first 3 home?
    Good honest and genuine horse obviously, but would I be laying out chunks of cash this far out ? No.
    No Mullins bashing here (though happy to get stuck into the arrogant owner of Min) but targets are never set in stone until the decs are out, if anything happens to Chaucun Pour Soi Min could easily be re-routed to the Champion Chase, who knows.

I don't dislike the bet, but I'd rather wait until the day and be happy with 4/5, or play 4 places at around 8/13 because if Defi shows up here you have to respect the chances of Frodon and A Plus Tard not to mention the forgotten Cyrname should he show up...

Professional Fat Jockey (and self-proclaimed Voice of Reason) Quevega's Avatar
    It'd be at least worth waiting for Min to run in Dublin I reckon. Assuming he's entered in the 2 miler that is.
    If he wins ?
    If he loses badly ?
    If he runs well without winning ?

What happens to his price for the Ryanair.

It's hard to call actually