Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2020 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Grand National

O'Leary in U turn

Elliott said: "It is great to see him back, doing a bit of work again. He has had a nice couple of months of summer holidays.

"He went back to (O'Leary's) Gigginstown (House Stud) obviously. He was probably out there and had about 10 to 12 weeks out on grass. He hasn't had a saddle on him since Aintree and the National, but he has done a few parades and had a few good days out, which is great.

"I have seen him a couple of times during the summer at Gigginstown and he was good and strong, and I have seen him when he was here for a while before he went off to do his flat work and he looked good.

"He will probably do three or four weeks of flat work before he comes back to us in the main yard here."

Having won both the Boyne Hurdle and the Cross Country race at the Cheltenham Festival last season, Elliott is targeting the same races again.

"Obviously he won't be that busy this year. We are going to have to mind him now and pick and choose where we go," said Elliott.

"He will probably have one run over hurdles, maybe something like the Boyne Hurdle (Navan, February) again. He will go back to Cheltenham (March) for the Cross Country race and then we'll go for the Randox Health Grand National.

"Keith (Donoghue) will ride him in Cheltenham in the Cross Country race and the Boyne Hurdle and then Davy Russell will ride him in the National."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/2019...nal-hat-trick/

I think the ‘capper will be under huge pressure to use his discretion when allocating weights for the race, imagine the uproar if he’s forced to give upwards of a stone to them all and O’Learly pulls the horse.
    No doubt O’Learly would use that as marketing/publicity but the racing world would be deprived of seeing history and one of its’ biggest heroes of the modern era...

Comment

What odds is the Cross Country / Grand National double
      Buying money

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        What odds is the Cross Country / Grand National double
        Buying money
        12/1 with Sky

Comment

Horror price.

Comment

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Skybet are NRNB for the GN.

Comment

....think I read Elliott mention the Grand National as a possible target for The Storyteller.

Comment

One I earmarked for this after his run in the Scottish National was Cloth Cap. I see he has an entry this weekend at Chepstow so I am tempted to take a point on the 66/1 that is on offer from 365. He will need a few runs to get a mark that will get him in the national but seems the progressive sort and his Scottish National run really impressed me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                  ....think I read Elliott mention the Grand National as a possible target for The Storyteller.
                  Would have a line right through him, no way he stays 4m

Comment

....might be a year too soon for it, but had my first National bet for next year on Elegant Escape 45-1 (with price boost).

Comment

Native River winning this with Dickie on board

A tilt at the Randox Health Grand National and a clash with two-time winner Tiger Roll is under discussion for Native River, who will return to... Read More

or three in a row ?

Comment

I'd like to see Native River in the race.....

Give Me A Copper is one Nicholls (and podcasts) are now mentioning for the race. Nopt a horse I'm keen on but that's no reason he can't win this race

Comment

Tiger Roll unlikely to go to national according to owner. He doesnt sound happy with Davy Russell either.

Not prepared to risk Tiger Rolls life as his kids love him apparently.

Michael O’Leary has stated that Davy Russell will ride Tiger Roll if he bids for a historic Grand National hat-trick in the spring – but it could be... Read More
                          Last edited by ELEGANTLY TASTED; 13 November 2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
                            Tiger Roll unlikely to go to national according to owner. He doesnt sound happy with Davy Russell either.

Not prepared to risk Tiger Rolls life as his kids love him apparently.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/mich...-horses/408823
                            Reads like an extended negotiation on his weight

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                              Native River winning this with Dickie on board

A tilt at the Randox Health Grand National and a clash with two-time winner Tiger Roll is under discussion for Native River, who will return to... Read More

or three in a row ?
                              I’m a backer of anything that has run well in the 4miler at Cheltenham, has helped me have a good record with the race.

Native River ran in it, and has a touch of class, undoubtedly on the way down but will be interesting to see how he is campaigned and how he is priced up through the year

Comment

Working...
                              X