Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Jump Season Horses To Follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one heard anything about Shadow Rider and Energumene for the coming season

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
      Any one heard anything about Shadow Rider and Energumene for the coming season
      Be interesting to see what happens with Energumene. Closely related to Un De Sceaux, but will be 6 by the time the festival is here, I suspect they won't spend too much time in bumpers, may go straight over hurdles, all being well with his health of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        Be interesting to see what happens with Energumene. Closely related to Un De Sceaux, but will be 6 by the time the festival is here, I suspect they won't spend too much time in bumpers, may go straight over hurdles, all being well with his health of course.
        It will be interesting what happens to the bumper horses that did not get runs last season. There were a number of high profile PtP recruits that never saw the track so will their trainers still have a season in bumpers or progress straight to hurdles. Asterion Forlonge and Feel My Pulse were other notable expensive PtP recruits who did not see the track either.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
          It will be interesting what happens to the bumper horses that did not get runs last season. There were a number of high profile PtP recruits that never saw the track so will their trainers still have a season in bumpers or progress straight to hurdles. Asterion Forlonge and Feel My Pulse were other notable expensive PtP recruits who did not see the track either.
          Agreed- in theory Mullins has a raft of bumper horses this year, almost 2 year's worth. Surely he'll send quite a few of them on to hurdles instead. Hopefully we will get normal weather conditions this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Halligan135 View Post
            Hey guys, have any of ye watched The Finishing Lines videos on YouTube. It's not like your normal horse racing videos, the 3 pundits on it are very knowledgeable and say what everyone else wants to. They give their honest opinion about every horse racing matter.

Check them out - https://www.youtube.com/c/TheFinishingLine
            I watched their 2019/2020 road to Cheltenham video last night. I am reluctant to criticize anyone producing content like this because whether I enjoy it or not it gets the juices flowing and excitement building, but I found this fairly boring. Nobody watching videos about Cheltenham now learns anything from a conversation about 5 market leaders who dominate discussion (Klassical Dream, Minella Indo, Benie Des Dieux, Paisley Park and City Island).

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
              I watched their 2019/2020 road to Cheltenham video last night. I am reluctant to criticize anyone producing content like this because whether I enjoy it or not it gets the juices flowing and excitement building, but I found this fairly boring. Nobody watching videos about Cheltenham now learns anything from a conversation about 5 market leaders who dominate discussion (Klassical Dream, Minella Indo, Benie Des Dieux, Paisley Park and City Island).
              I watched it too, I watch anything that pops up on youtube that remotely mentions Cheltenham/horses.
              They're Nice lads, but it's tough to some across as different or original to the obsessed idiots like me and other people on here.

Comment

Pub chat but entertaining enough for all that.

I watched the Punchestown preview and found that more interesting/revealing because you could see how it all panned out.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                  Pub chat but entertaining enough for all that.

I watched the Punchestown preview and found that more interesting/revealing because you could see how it all panned out.
                  archie, do you know anything about Wild Max?

I see he is in the Supreme betting and I was told he is with/joining Willie. From the German Flat scene, so what would look like the profile of a Supreme Horse Racing purchase, a la Aramon, Kemboy (FR flat) et al.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    archie, do you know anything about Wild Max?

I see he is in the Supreme betting and I was told he is with/joining Willie. From the German Flat scene, so what would look like the profile of a Supreme Horse Racing purchase, a la Aramon, Kemboy (FR flat) et al.
                    COD i know you're asking Archie, but SHR only really buy anything that Kirk buys so Highflyer buying it would indicate it's not theirs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                      COD i know you're asking Archie, but SHR only really buy anything that Kirk buys so Highflyer buying it would indicate it's not theirs anyway.
                      Jack, was unaware Highflyer had purchased this one. Cheers

Comment

Which route do people see Dlauro heading, Ballymore or Albert Bartlett?

Comment

Three of Olly Murphy's it might be worth looking out for.
                          Sangha River - nov hdls.
                          Vinnie's getaway - nov hdls.
                          And Whiskey in the Jar - nov chs's.

Comment

And ... Ben Pauling outlines plans for Bright forecast and Global citizen - today sporting life website.

Comment

A couple for the fox hunters.

The Willie Mullins pair of former Cheltenham Festival winner Black Hercules and Grand National 12th Le Mercurey, head the 101 horses that have been issued with a hunter certificate this week.

Black Hercules*started his career in point-to-points when he won a four-year-old maiden at Dromahane on his debut, and it will be those same colours of Patrick Mullins that he sports once again when he returns back between the flags over six years later.

Now a ten-year-old, the son of Heron Islands has been to three Cheltenham Festivals, with his biggest day coming when Ruby Walsh guided him to his three-length defeat of Bristol De Mai in the Grade 1 JLT Novices’ Chase at the 2016 Festival.

His outings in the time since having been very sparse, as he has just seen competitive action on three subsequent occasions, most recently when third to Sizing John at Thurles in January 2017.

Dual Grade 2 winner*Le Mercurey*will join him from the Mullins stable,*
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Both be eligible Scooby? Black Hercules will take some beating if he retains much ability

Comment

Working...
                                X