Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSA Chase 2020

My 2 personal fancies are champ ( currently 10/1) and next destination (currently 33/1).

Has anybody heard anything on next destination since the below quote?

Thu 3 jan 2019

“Next Destination has had a setback. It’s not serious but we’ve decided to treat it and leave him alone for the rest of this season. He’ll go novice chasing next season,” said Mullins.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

My main fancy at the moment is Minella Indo , plus had a small each way on Carefully selected and Sam's profile.
    But i do think it would be foolish to ignore Champ , got a decent c.v. , and proven over three miles now.
    More than likely add Champ to my selections .

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      My 2 personal fancies are champ ( currently 10/1) and next destination (currently 33/1).

Has anybody heard anything on next destination since the below quote?

Thu 3 jan 2019

“Next Destination has had a setback. It’s not serious but we’ve decided to treat it and leave him alone for the rest of this season. He’ll go novice chasing next season,” said Mullins.
      Surprised with your Champ option Scooby, I reckon Lostintranslation would have had his number over 3m last season.

Next Destination definitely a major player along with the obvious including Minella Indo as BigChang mentioned. Carefully Selected is tailor made for the NHC tho imo BC. Even more so since they’ve lessened the challenge. Reminds me a little of Native River in his relentless galloping style! Think Willie see Allaho & Next Destination as his RSA types if they stay sound & perform. They’ve another gear speed wise that CS lacks to my eye!
      Last edited by SeanRock; 31 August 2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
        Surprised with your Champ option Scooby, I reckon Lostintranslation would have had his number over 3m last season.

Next Destination definitely a major player along with the obvious including Minella Indo as BigChang mentioned. Carefully Selected is tailor made for the NHC tho imo BC. Even more so since they’ve lessened the challenge. Reminds me a little of Native River in his relentless galloping style! Think Willie see Allaho & Next Destination as his RSA types if they stay sound & perform. They’ve another gear speed wise that CS lacks to my eye!
        Personally think allaho needs to drop to 2 1/2. To the JLT Along with mr adjudicator.

Id be thinking Next destination, and baupaume if they sent him in that direction. Hes dynamite over the fixed brush at auteuil.

Not a huge man of C.S personally, but he could prove me wrong.

Comment

I think allaho would get badly outpaced over 2m4f

Comment

Personally think allaho needs to drop to 2 1/2. To the JLT Along with mr adjudicator.

Id be thinking Next destination, and baupaume if they sent him in that direction. Hes dynamite over the fixed brush at auteuil.

You had him earmarked for a Ballymore winner not so long ago whats changed since a drought induced easily excusable gap year over hurdles .Im quietly confident CS will show his true ability this coming season, we’ve had plenty of rain this “summer” in Ireland so he’ll be properly prepped for his fences debut & Willie’s caution with him last year tells you how highly they rate him!

Katie Walsh's words at the Tats sales!

"He's been bought as a staying chaser, but he'll have a break before probably running in a bumper. Ruby's been talking about him for a while and he's obviously a lovely, big, strong type."

"I think he's a cracking horse, he has such a lovely way of going and is such a good jumper," said Katie Walsh. "The horse that fell at the last at Monksgrange went on and won, and the third has also won since so the form looks strong. And I don't ride too many point-to-pointers so the fact I was riding him was a bit of a give-away!"

On a related yet separate note I also fully expect his full brother Midnight Run to excel in the staying hurdle division in 2019/20. Gigginstown were quick top snap him up after his bumper win at Galway & his form has backed up that coup.
            Last edited by SeanRock; 31 August 2019, 11:55 PM.

Comment

I’d be careful backing Mr Adjudicator over fences as everything I read last year pointed to a career as a staying hurdler. After he won the Prix La Barka Mullins commented “Looking at him, he isn't going to be a chaser, but he does have quite an attractive Flat mark so we might exploit that at some stage."

Comment

Has Champ been confirmed to go chasing? After Billymags comments re Dickie Diver and also they have Birchdale (more likely JLT), would a crack at the Stayers not be on Champs agenda

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                  I’d be careful backing Mr Adjudicator over fences as everything I read last year pointed to a career as a staying hurdler. After he won the Prix La Barka Mullins commented “Looking at him, he isn't going to be a chaser, but he does have quite an attractive Flat mark so we might exploit that at some stage."
                  He's only rated 89 on the flat so they'll surely be having a crack at the Cesarewitch, given that it's worth a fortune these days.

He's not missed in the betting though, 10/1 fav.

Comment

Keeping powder dry , bit of a minefield with Champ , Minello Indo , Allaho ,Carefully Selected to name just a few.

Gun to head at this early stage Bright Forecast was finishing with a fair rattle in AB and could improve further for a fence.

Comment

Nicky said that they havent decided if they are going chasing yet, the stayers is an option, but he did say that he has grown over the summer and looks like a chaser.

Comment

I am all over Battleoverdoyen and think he’s a massive price @ 40/1 (William Hill). Ante Post prices are generally rubbish compared to the days of old, but prices like this give me faith all is not lost! I’ve used quite a few £5 free bets on him @ 25/1 (Skybet), but have decided to take a bigger position @ 40’s.

Gordon loves him. You don’t have to look too hard to stumble across plenty of quotes praising the ‘big chaser in the making’ that he ‘wouldn’t swap him for anything’.

Gerry Cosgrave, known as a genial County Down point-to-point trainer, had BOD before Gordon. ‘‘He was a lovely, big, strong fella, the sort that takes a bit of time, but he did everything so easy. You can see now, it was total ability he had. I had a feeling I had something nice, that’s for sure‘‘

He won his only pointing start at Loughanmore in April 2017 and five days later was sold for £235,000 at Tattersalls Ireland Cheltenham. Interestingly, Racing TV did an interview with Richard Pugh (14/02/2019) who has probably seen more P2P’s that I’ve had hot dinners, and when asked which horses he saw at P2P’s for the first time that he thought would go on to be a star he mentions three. Best Mate, Imperial Commander and Battleoverdoyen who he described as ‘awesome’.

Gerry Cosgrave said "I’m hoping Battleoverdoyen wins the Gold Cup some day because jumping fences is his proper game."

Even if you’re one of those people that cannot put a line through the Ballymore, when you combine his profile and regard he’s held, P2P win, price tag, horses he is being aligned with, and the fact he's trained by GE, make him no 40/1 shot. He needs time, fences and more than two and half miles, all of which he will get. The market has over reacted to his flop at Cheltenham and Gordon’s post-race comments, and then Champ and Minella Indo have both enhanced their Cheltenham form since in fine style. They have shortened leaving serious value in behind. I hope Gerry is right and he is good enough to progress into a Gold Cup horse. Long way to go, but I expect BOD to win his beginners chase and not look back. Price will tumble and we’ll all be on at 40’s.

Comment

I'v now backed Next destination for this @ 33/1. There is no doubt that 3 miles is his trip. The 3m punchestown grade 1 nov. always works out well in relation to this. Delta work has franked the form in no uncertain terms. His form aroudd cheltenham is good, And hes always been seen as a chaser since his bumper days.

Commander of fleet is obviously out, allaho imo needs dropping back. And imo minella indo was the best of an average bunch at cheltenham/ punchestown.
                          Of the 3m novices from last year id be more inclined to side with champ, a big imposing horse, who has the cruising speed and a touch of class at the trip. 10/1 however is not for me, so ill be trying to find something to roll onto him atleast doubling his price. Which could be an unsucessful way to go about a horse i want in the book.

Comment

I agree Charlie. 40-1 is a crazy price. He did lose a shoe at Cheltenham which might explain the ‘didnt handle the track’ comments. Apparently he scoped clean after but I don’t think Elliott’s horses were on their game at the Festival.. He looks a chaser in the making and I’ll take the price.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                              I am all over Battleoverdoyen and think he’s a massive price @ 40/1 (William Hill). Ante Post prices are generally rubbish compared to the days of old, but prices like this give me faith all is not lost! I’ve used quite a few £5 free bets on him @ 25/1 (Skybet), but have decided to take a bigger position @ 40’s.

Gordon loves him. You don’t have to look too hard to stumble across plenty of quotes praising the ‘big chaser in the making’ that he ‘wouldn’t swap him for anything’.

Gerry Cosgrave, known as a genial County Down point-to-point trainer, had BOD before Gordon. ‘‘He was a lovely, big, strong fella, the sort that takes a bit of time, but he did everything so easy. You can see now, it was total ability he had. I had a feeling I had something nice, that’s for sure‘‘

He won his only pointing start at Loughanmore in April 2017 and five days later was sold for £235,000 at Tattersalls Ireland Cheltenham. Interestingly, Racing TV did an interview with Richard Pugh (14/02/2019) who has probably seen more P2P’s that I’ve had hot dinners, and when asked which horses he saw at P2P’s for the first time that he thought would go on to be a star he mentions three. Best Mate, Imperial Commander and Battleoverdoyen who he described as ‘awesome’.

Gerry Cosgrave said "I’m hoping Battleoverdoyen wins the Gold Cup some day because jumping fences is his proper game."

Even if you’re one of those people that cannot put a line through the Ballymore, when you combine his profile and regard he’s held, P2P win, price tag, horses he is being aligned with, and the fact he's trained by GE, make him no 40/1 shot. He needs time, fences and more than two and half miles, all of which he will get. The market has over reacted to his flop at Cheltenham and Gordon’s post-race comments, and then Champ and Minella Indo have both enhanced their Cheltenham form since in fine style. They have shortened leaving serious value in behind. I hope Gerry is right and he is good enough to progress into a Gold Cup horse. Long way to go, but I expect BOD to win his beginners chase and not look back. Price will tumble and we’ll all be on at 40’s.
                              Very much one I am looking to add soon too.

I do think I recall them saying Cheltenham isn't his track though.

I'll try and find it....

Comment

Working...
                              X