Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Chris View Post
    Fair points, Kev. I think you're right in that he probably isn't going to drift at all due to the name/connections no matter what happens.

I don't think that he'll avoid going right handed, but, in my mind, he won't be as effective that way round. Maybe I'm reading too much into him being kept to left handed tracks since going chasing, but I first noticed the left jumping tendency at Newbury. Possibly my memories of the Dipper/RSA are selective to confirm my initial thoughts.

I can definitely see FM's suggestion of going to Carlisle and then possibly on to the King George. I'll definitely be taking him on there if that's the case. I think the left handed jumping around a speed track like Kempton will not see him perform anywhere near his best. I'd also say, in answer to your question, that I don't think he'd have won the RSA if it had been at either Ascot or Kempton (not that we'll ever find out).

If he were mine (and I'm sure that I'd have completely ruined him by now!), I'd like to see him go for the Lexus chase -or whatever name it is now.

Thanks for all the replies though. It's giving us something to do in these sparse times! Very much enjoying the write ups too, Kev. I rewatched all the festival races a couple of weeks back, but I think it was still too soon for some of them. That Friday was particularly brutal.
    Hendo did run Bob's Worth at Leopardstown a couple of times didn't he, so maybe that'll be where he ends up.

He hasn't training Champ in the same way as any of his previous successful 3 mile chasers (running in the Dipper and not tried over 3m over fences before the RSA isn't something he's done before) so perhaps looking at previous patterns isn't going to help us with Champ!

I don't think he'd have won at Ascot or Kempton either FWIW but that may be a rose-tinted view that Minella Indo and Allaho are better, which I thought beforehand but can't really cling onto now.

About to re-watch Thursday. iI haven't been mentioning how the races panned out for me personally as I'll do that elsewhere so it doesn't clog it up with irrelevant nonsense but I can't say I'm looking forward to the back end of Friday too much

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      You are suggesting though that he may avoid going right handed because of the bias?

Every horse would have a prefence to one track/course over another? Champ has just won an RSA, which is the best piece of 3 mile chase form we've seen from a novice this season. It's not illogical to suggest he's good enough to win going right handed based on that.

I don't think he needs to be 'well clear' to win right handed.

Do you believe if the RSA had been run at Kempton or Ascot he'd have lost?

It's definitely possible... but hardly bad form and I don't think you could make a strong case for it.

Until Henderson says they're scared to go right handed I feel it's a waste if time pondering.

Not been to Wetherby, should have gone to watch Cue Card
      No more the fact i would be taking him on Rh depending on the opponents obviously, do i think he would have won if it had been at Kempton no i don't and i will take him on if he goes for a King George no doubt. Ascot i wouldn't of either thou would have more of a chance there than Kempton if pushed, similar to what Chris has eluded too and yourself i feel we all have meet middle ground at last
      I think waiting for a trainer to state a preference (yes he clearly knows the horse better than me) gains v.little thou as it will reflect in the price going forward. Similar to when a trainer nominates a target for a horse the price changes but doesn't stop plenty of us guessing/forming an opinion before the trainer says anything.

Thursday kicks off with a treat the finish of the week so will be pleasant viewing

Comment

• I definitely wouldn't be against Champ in the King George just based on the way round it is, but that depends on how they price it.

Just checked and 11/2 Clan Des Obeaux, Champ is 2nd fav at 10/1.

If I knew Champ was running I'd chance 10/1 but purely because I'm adamanet he'd be shorter.

If I had to have a win bet it'd be Clan Des Obeaux despite being 'alf price.

Comment

Working...
        X