Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership

Hi guys, are any you members at Cheltenham? I'm sure most of you go to near enough every meeting anyway but do any of you hold the memberships?

Cheltenham are doing a membership for 18-28 year olds this year for £215. Obviously this is exceptional value as club tickets to 3 days of the festival alone would cover this cost let alone the rest of the meeting. I'm just trying to gather any knowledge/opinions about the other aspects such as entry to the members lounge etc. I have detailed the spec from the website below. Could amyeone enlighten me on what "selected guest badge days" means?

Selected Guest badge days

Complimentary entry to The Festival™ presented by Magners Preview Evening (for memberships including The Festival™)

Parking is included for the whole season, excluding The Festival™ presented by Magners

Exclusive Members’ Marquee available to Members for The Festival™ presented by Magners and Saturday of The November meeting

Exclusive Members’ bars and The Princess Royal Stand viewing steps

Exclusive Members’ only offers

Thanks
    Last edited by ryanh97; 27 August 2019, 11:58 PM.

Ryan - check that membership does include festival tickets before you commit, I have been a member on and off for years and the ‘standard’ membership never included festival tickets.

But, even without March tickets it is well worth it in my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Ryan - check that membership does include festival tickets before you commit, I have been a member on and off for years and the ‘standard’ membership never included festival tickets.

But, even without March tickets it is well worth it in my opinion...
      Hi Ista,

I've double checked a few times as it seems too good to be true. This is the wording under the Club 18-28 Membership.

Entry to the Club Enclosure for a full season of racing including The Festival™ presented by Magners 2020.

Exceptional value I think.

Comment

That's a cracking deal Ryan. I wish the age limit was at 28 when I got into racing (was originally up to 24)
        Would definately recommend the members - I had one for 4 years inc Festival. Guest badge days are for other jockey club courses. 6-7 meetings usually covering Huntingdon, Wincanton, Kempton, Aintree and a few others when I had it. Won't be the big days but free entry to a few extra race days still. Biggest plus is the ease to get a drink in the members bar during the festival. Members stand is a great spot as well

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
          That's a cracking deal Ryan. I wish the age limit was at 28 when I got into racing (was originally up to 24)
          Would definately recommend the members - I had one for 4 years inc Festival. Guest badge days are for other jockey club courses. 6-7 meetings usually covering Huntingdon, Wincanton, Kempton, Aintree and a few others when I had it. Won't be the big days but free entry to a few extra race days still. Biggest plus is the ease to get a drink in the members bar during the festival. Members stand is a great spot as well
          Cheers Jono. I'm strongly considering it. I wont be able to make every meeting but even attending all the weekend meetings and a couple of days of the festival will pay for itself.

Where is the members bar and stand?

Comment

29306-cheltenham-race-night-2019-map-b.jpg

Princess Royal Stand (1) (lower levels)
            Good spot between the final fence / hurdle and the finishing post and a screen in front.

Comment

Get it done Ryan.

You're at a huge advantage for being "young"
              .. smash it up and embrace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Get it done Ryan.

You're at a huge advantage for being "young"
                .. smash it up and embrace it.
                Don't think I can resist

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]55[/ATTACH]

Princess Royal Stand (1) (lower levels)
                  Good spot between the final fence / hurdle and the finishing post and a screen in front.
                  Cheers Jono

Comment

I went for it

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                      I went for it
                      You have a bargain Ryan.
                      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                        I went for it
                        Smart move.
                        I predict you’ll be renewing for many years, enjoy !

Comment

My membership arrived today. Getting excited now

Comment

Worth pointing out that if you buy a full membership for Cheltenham it's £430 including the Festival but £212 without it and with the money you save i.e £218 you can buy Winter membership at Newbury (all the jump fixtures) for £185. Then as regards the Festival just buy single day tickets for the Festival if you only want to go on one or two days (buying early you get them cheaper). Easy for me to say as I live here in Cheltenham but on the first three days if you wake up and want to go you can just pay on the day. Had a look round at the weekend, went in the weighing room, Cheltenham Club on the top level of the new stand and even the Royal Box.
                            The owls are not what they seem

Comment

I've been meaning to ask the Jockey Club if they would consider a membership plan that covers all their courses.

I go to about 75% of all Sandown, Cheltenham, Epsom, Plumpton, Wincanton and Huntingdon fixtures, I get to a couple of Warwick and Exeter meetings and went to my third Newmarket meeting of the year today.
                              A single membership for all JC courses would be perfect....

Comment

Working...
                              X