Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Novice Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven’t had any time to look at Hendo’s press day. Did he mention Floressa anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormy Antarctic View Post
      Haven’t had any time to look at Hendo’s press day. Did he mention Floressa anyone?
      Yes, Henderson stayed she’s entered and aimed at the MNH. He rates her and think she has a good chance

Comment

• Splendid. Always good to hear a positive update

Comment

• What chance Fujimoto flyer comes here? Still priced up For it. Personally think she would have more chance here than triumph.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormy Antarctic View Post
            Splendid. Always good to hear a positive update
            Would you expect anything else from Henderson when talking about his mares? He was probably drooling too

Comment

• Originally posted by Penzance View Post
              What chance Fujimoto flyer comes here? Still priced up For it. Personally think she would have more chance here than triumph.
              This was from 7th Feb - looks like they’re hoping she’s good enough for Triumph but the weekend will tell them.

Unbeaten juvenile hurdler Fujimoto Flyer may test her Cheltenham Festival aspirations by switching up to Grade Two level at Kempton this month.

Emmet Mullins is considering the Adonis Juvenile Hurdle on February 22 for the former seven-race Flat maiden, who holds an entry in next month's Triumph at Cheltenham.

Fujimoto Flyer has not run since springing a surprise when she doubled her jumps tally in a Listed event at Auteuil in September, having won on her hurdling debut at Killarney a month earlier.

An aggregate winning distance of 27 lengths indicates significant further potential, and Mullins reports her in good heart despite a five-month absence through the winter. "She's on the go, and she's very well in herself," he said of the youngster, who runs in the famous colours of Simon Munir and Isaac Souede.

"We're trying to find a race for her in the next few weeks - she possibly might go to Kempton for the Adonis Hurdle even, and we'll see how we get on there."

Confirming the Triumph will remain on the agenda if her return goes well, Mullins added: "Exactly. The form in France seems very good - but it'd be nice to get a bit of a gauge on it with the Irish and English horses, and see where that leaves us for Cheltenham."

Spring ground is likely to be favourable for Fujimoto Flyer, who did head to France a second time in the autumn only to be withdrawn after figuring in a false start. Mullins said: "She was withdrawn at the start, the second day, and she just got a bit of a break after that.

"It was a new rule in France, to do with a false start, and I think they're then withdrawn straight away.

"I'd say she prefers a bit of nicer ground."

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                Would you expect anything else from Henderson when talking about his mares? He was probably drooling too
                No, probably not Jackie. A bit of reassurance is always good though. I dread updates of ‘setbacks’

Comment

• Daylight Katie to bypass chelt

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                    Oh dear, that seems to have changed since mate was down week or so ago.

Comment

Awk Bollocks! She was a good one for me!

How reliable is this source/Twitter account? Not knocking it just intrigued as some of the info on it is good to know.

I also see they are mentioned targets etc, are they quoted from Elliott?

Comment

• I’ve seen someone else at the press day mention she wouldn’t go to Cheltenham so Gordy must have said it directly

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                          Awk Bollocks! She was a good one for me!

How reliable is this source/Twitter account? Not knocking it just intrigued as some of the info on it is good to know.

I also see they are mentioned targets etc, are they quoted from Elliott?
                          Yeah quotes from the open day down there today.

Comment

Yeah quotes from the open day down there today.
                            Cheers Crolwey

Comment

• "I do not know if I am going to have Daylight Katie ready in time for the Dawn Run Mares' Novices' Hurdle. She got a cut in Down Royal the day she won in November and it got infected. It has taken a while to get her right, as it had to be flushed out and she was in the vets for three or four weeks. She is back cantering now, but I think Cheltenham will probably come a fortnight too soon. We could keep her for Fairyhouse.

Comment

• The Fairyhouse race is worth almost exactly the same as this. Crucially for some mares, it's 2m4f G1 rather than 2m1f G2 and attracts a smaller field that generally goes at a sensible pace. If you could only run in one, it would be Fairyhouse every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X