Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

St Leger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Leger

Broome has been bought by Japanes owners and is to be targeted at the Arc, to be ridden by Yutaka Take.
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 25 August 2019, 12:09 PM.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Is this race as simple as the 7/4 Logician now suggests?

Outside of the fav the market is littered with AOB possibles, and little else.

If it’s to be Ballydoyle, which ones from the stable will:
    a) run in the race?
    b) have the best chance of winning the race?

Comment

It’s as simple as logician for me.

Comment

Il Paradiso has been put up 12lb in the Irish Handicap ratings today (from 103) to 115. That would seem to exclude him from the Cesarewitch Entry he got last week, before his run in the Lonsdale at York. It would put him 1lb off top weight for the 35-runner Handicap even with his 10lb weight-for-age allowance. So maybe the St Leger engagement has become one step more likely for him.

BHA Handicapper has both Logician and Il Paradiso on 115 from their York runs. Constantinople stays on 110.
        Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 27 August 2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Reported on a Twitter that CONSTANTINOPLE has been sold to an Australian buyer. Most likely linked to the horse taking up his Melbourne Cup Entry. No news yet as to whether he would still take in the St Leger before flying down to Australia to a new trainer.

Comment

News coming in this morning from Australia. Looks like CONSTANTINOPLE would miss the St Leger (14th September) as he has to go into quarantine on 12th September. cool more keep a share, but are willing to let him go before the St Leger, so they seem to have alternate number 1 plans for Doncaster - Il Paradiso? Sir Dragonet? Quote from Racing.com.

“The Melbourne Cup has a new co-favourite after Irish Northern Hemisphere three-year-old Constantinopole's price was spectacularly slashed from $51 to $15 following confirmation he is to be part-sold to Lindsay Park.

His original owners Coolmore are to keep a share in the horse along with a Lindsay Park syndicate, with plans to have the horse arrive in Melbourne in time for the Group 2 Herbert Power Stakes at Caulfield on October 12 to have him ready for the Melbourne Cup 24 days later.

David Hayes confirmed the purchase on Saturday morning as Constantinople joined last year's Melbourne Cup winner Cross Counter at $15 for this year's race after $51 was bet just 24 hours earlier.

"He goes into quarantine on the 12th (September) and if all things go well, he'll run in the Herbert Power on the way to the Melbourne Cup," Hayes said.

"Gary Fennessy is going over (Ireland) to get him ready and to build him up to bring him into quarantine."

Comment

Oddschecker beginning to go Blue on Sir Dragonet, following potential for Constantinople to miss the race.

Comment

I’ve just had myself a small ew bet on floating artist. He caught my eye in the Gordon stakes and had the look of a horse that would show up well over the st leger trip. He looked to only get going as the race was all but over but I think he’d have beaten some fancied horses if it was run over a few more furlongs (Spanish mission, Constantinople) he’s a 50/1 shot with bet365. I think I’d still back him at half the price

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy Antarctic View Post
                  I’ve just had myself a small ew bet on floating artist. He caught my eye in the Gordon stakes and had the look of a horse that would show up well over the st leger trip. He looked to only get going as the race was all but over but I think he’d have beaten some fancied horses if it was run over a few more furlongs (Spanish mission, Constantinople) he’s a 50/1 shot with bet365. I think I’d still back him at half the price
                  If he's an intended runner that looks a decent bet to me.

Comment

He was definitely pushed sideways twice in the sprint to the line, this can't have helped his balance on a track like goodwood.
                    Definitely overpriced in comparison to others.
                    I think Logician is max bet potential for me on the day though, his York win was effortless to my eye.
                    But I've followed you in on this one as it's the wrong price.

Comment

Barsanti is a big price for tomorrow's Doncaster Cup. 40-1 B365.

The least exposed at this trip by far, having never ran further than 1m 6f. On all three occasions he's tried that trip he's been staying on well at the finish. And his run in the Ebor was eyecatching with regards a likely player over further. He was pretty much last turning in and was blocked as he started his run and had to go again, but stayed on best of most of them into 5th place.
                      By Champs Elysee so might just improve for the extra half mile.
                      Atzeni rides donny well.

Only thing stopping me having a bigger bet is Stradivarious - who looks pretty much unbeatable - so I'm hoping for second place.
                      Might do a reverse forecast.
                      anyway 1pt ew 40-1.
                      I'll back it again if someone goes bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                        Barsanti is a big price for tomorrow's Doncaster Cup. 40-1 B365.

The least exposed at this trip by far, having never ran further than 1m 6f. On all three occasions he's tried that trip he's been staying on well at the finish. And his run in the Ebor was eyecatching with regards a likely player over further. He was pretty much last turning in and was blocked as he started his run and had to go again, but stayed on best of most of them into 5th place.
                        By Champs Elysee so might just improve for the extra half mile.
                        Atzeni rides donny well.

Only thing stopping me having a bigger bet is Stradivarious - who looks pretty much unbeatable - so I'm hoping for second place.
                        Might do a reverse forecast.
                        anyway 1pt ew 40-1.
                        I'll back it again if someone goes bigger.
                        I agree Q, I backed Barsanti in the Ebor, and was gutted when his run got blocked off as the finish developed. I am going to see the price on Betting Without the Fav before deciding on that or an each-way bet.

Comment

Any long term antepost punters have an opportunity to consider in today’s Flying Childers.

This relates to A Ali and Alligator Alley, who both look potentially top sprinters rather than milers.

They are both in the Commonwealth Cup betting, which could conceivably be their target at a Royal Ascot next June.

Alligator Alley is generally a 20/1 and 25/1 shot, but you can get 50/1 with 365 (and potential for Cashout).

A Ali is generally around 16/1 to 20/1, but you can get 25/1 with Will Hill (plus a price boost?) and BV.

These two are 11/8 and 6/4 for today’s race, and if one of them wins well, or they both come clear of the rest in a duel, then their Commonwealth Cup odds could shrink a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
                            Any long term antepost punters have an opportunity to consider in today’s Flying Childers.

This relates to A Ali and Alligator Alley, who both look potentially top sprinters rather than milers.

They are both in the Commonwealth Cup betting, which could conceivably be their target at a Royal Ascot next June.

Alligator Alley is generally a 20/1 and 25/1 shot, but you can get 50/1 with 365 (and potential for Cashout).

A Ali is generally around 16/1 to 20/1, but you can get 25/1 with Will Hill (plus a price boost?) and BV.

These two are 11/8 and 6/4 for today’s race, and if one of them wins well, or they both come clear of the rest in a duel, then their Commonwealth Cup odds could shrink a lot.
                            Had a go with alligator with 365, and cashed out for full stake 5 mins after it flopped, so no harm done.

With the money coming for Dragonet.
                            If Logician goes out to 6/4 at some point tomorrow then I'm max betting it I reckon.
                            It should by rights drift unless when the serious money comes tomorrow the betting goes the other way, dettori etc.

Managed to get on threat at 5/2 when it looked like mums was not going.
                            And doubled this with Elarqam in ireland. also backed elarqam 6pts win 4-1

Rest of card is a disgrace with the amount of runners on undercard. Not missed leger day for a few years but not going tomorrow. and barring the portland and leger I'm not missing much.

In Portland I've gone
                            Terentum Star 2pts ew 66-1 6places
                            Equitation 1pt ew 25-1 4 places
                            Moment of madness 2pts 12-1
                            Mid to high draw looks place to be again, but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              Had a go with alligator with 365, and cashed out for full stake 5 mins after it flopped, so no harm done.

With the money coming for Dragonet.
                              If Logician goes out to 6/4 at some point tomorrow then I'm max betting it I reckon.
                              It should by rights drift unless when the serious money comes tomorrow the betting goes the other way, dettori etc.

Managed to get on threat at 5/2 when it looked like mums was not going.
                              And doubled this with Elarqam in ireland. also backed elarqam 6pts win 4-1

Rest of card is a disgrace with the amount of runners on undercard. Not missed leger day for a few years but not going tomorrow. and barring the portland and leger I'm not missing much.

In Portland I've gone
                              Terentum Star 2pts ew 66-1 6places
                              Equitation 1pt ew 25-1 4 places
                              Moment of madness 2pts 12-1
                              Mid to high draw looks place to be again, but we'll see.
                              The whole Leger meeting has been uninspiring for me, with the field sizes being comparable to midweek jumps racing.

Comment

Working...
                              X