Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
    If Saldier goes chasing he would be my selection. 33-1.

Hes been mentioned for the champion hurdle before but with Klassical Dream on the scene he might just switch to fences.

You could argue Willie won the Arkle last year with his fourth choice.
    Convinced he does, haven't any info or anything but I'm pretty sure there was a quote after debut about a fence, I know Mullins subsequently mentioned Champion Hurdle but he's my Arkle winner at this moment. Will hopefully make up for missing 66s on CPS for QMCC after backing him at 66s for Arkle last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
      Convinced he does, haven't any info or anything but I'm pretty sure there was a quote after debut about a fence, I know Mullins subsequently mentioned Champion Hurdle but he's my Arkle winner at this moment. Will hopefully make up for missing 66s on CPS for QMCC after backing him at 66s for Arkle last year.
      Flat rat winning the Arkle?

I think I did the 'stats' on that before this years Arkle - when Mengli Khan was a player?

From memory being flat bred actually had no impact at all - I'm sure it'll be in last years Arkle thread though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I think I did the 'stats' on that before this years Arkle - when Mengli Khan was a player?

From memory being flat bred actually had no impact at all - I'm sure it'll be in last years Arkle thread though.
        Hadn't realised that Kev, it does put me off to be honest, would make me fancy him for a soft ground Champion though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I've done plenty of twitter searches trying to find Joe Chambers quote, but to no success, i am almost certain he said he didn't think he'd make a chaser.

I fancied him for this last year + if it was the plan, i'd do so again. Almost certain he said something along those lines.

Comment

Joe should quit lurking around the place and spit it out here after he had hiis lump on betfair - or would iwe cry pump and dump ?

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
              Of Henderson's I just thought he may be most likely for 2 mile, as all other novice hurdlers looked likely for further.
              But Rathhill is a good shout/prospect for this also.

Said on another thread that the Nicholls novice chasers are of interest for me this year, Grand Sancy and Southfield Stone in particular.

Ive not had a good look at Mullins contenders yet though and his obviously have to be considered. Just which one or two is the problem. Duc des Geneivres would have been well down the list this time last year.

Unless Elliott's novices look good during the season I'm of a mind to ignore his over the speedier distances for now. Probably same for Tizzard also. But I'll be watching.
              I'm inclined to ignore the Murphy horses for now also. Same reasoning and also unproven at the very top level just yet.

Nichols, Hendo & Mullins much more solid options for arkle types IMO, this far out in any case.

Mullins and Henderson won the last 8 between them . Including 2014
              Think i heard Harry say that Grand Sancy was going to have at least another run over hurdles, but Im not certain about that, one to read in the stable previews though, sorry I was on the second bottle of "red" at that point!!!

Comment

Lads definitely keep a close eye on Rathhill, not sure if this will be his race, but if I know Nicky after seeing at these things for years, he really likes this Rathhill a lot. Only thing i can think is hes showing him plenty of speed at home which makes me think Arkle rather than JLT. To be fair his two runs were two miles also (ptp 2nd was 3 miles) so that does nothing to put me off. I have had a bigger bet at 20/1 any race coz im far from certain about his trip, but taken some 33/1 also, hes my biggest bet antepost so far for this year.

Comment

Eldorado Allen is one I’m patiently waiting for an update on. He produced one of the best jumping performances by a novice hurdler last year but his season was curtailed due to injury. The talk was he was better than Elixir De Nutz and he was one of the best and most consistent novices on this side of the Irish Sea. Eldorado Allen looks like he has the scope for chasing so I’ll be very interested in him if that’s the direction they go.

Comment

The one i had initially for the on my mind was Felix Desjy, even with his trainer not being one of the best for the race. I thought his run at Punchestown was very good considering the pace he set. He didn't just drop out completely for all well beaten. I also thought he performed very well at Aintree. His run style should be fine for the race.
                    He wasn't a horse i liked last year over hurdles, but i could see him reach a higher level again over fences. Not 100% on 16/1 which the main drawback coupled with the trainer.

Another that might be interesting, from Rathhill's stable Billy is Precious Cargo 33/1. Not sure what exactly the excuse was at Aintree, but he was well fancied that day, he even got a mention in Hugh Taylor's blog! Nicky's quotes below would suggest he's excited for what's to come as well!
                    8Mar19 Sandown (16Sft, RPR 138)
                    Instead of bringing Thomas (Barr, owner) down we might take the horse up to him for Ayr. Precious Cargo is a fine beast and a bit of a bruiser of a horse and he's just messing around over hurdles this season, but it is exciting to think what he could do over a fence. He could be a Cheltenham horse this time next year but at the moment he still has a lot to learn - Nicky Henderson, trainer.
                    28Jan19 Kempton (16GS, RPR 126)
                    Precious Cargo was a bit keen and needs to learn to switch off a bit. He'll be going quietly and doesn't need to be going anywhere spectacular. He's a great jumper and he'll be over fences next year. He wouldn't want any further than two miles at the moment - Nicky Henderson, trainer

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                      The one i had initially for the on my mind was Felix Desjy, even with his trainer not being one of the best for the race. I thought his run at Punchestown was very good considering the pace he set. He didn't just drop out completely for all well beaten. I also thought he performed very well at Aintree. His run style should be fine for the race.
                      He wasn't a horse i liked last year over hurdles, but i could see him reach a higher level again over fences. Not 100% on 16/1 which the main drawback coupled with the trainer.

Another that might be interesting, from Rathhill's stable Billy is Precious Cargo 33/1. Not sure what exactly the excuse was at Aintree, but he was well fancied that day, he even got a mention in Hugh Taylor's blog! Nicky's quotes below would suggest he's excited for what's to come as well!
                      Instead of bringing Thomas (Barr, owner) down we might take the horse up to him for Ayr. Precious Cargo is a fine beast and a bit of a bruiser of a horse and he's just messing around over hurdles this season, but it is exciting to think what he could do over a fence. He could be a Cheltenham horse this time next year but at the moment he still has a lot to learn - Nicky Henderson, trainer.
                      Precious Cargo was a bit keen and needs to learn to switch off a bit. He'll be going quietly and doesn't need to be going anywhere spectacular. He's a great jumper and he'll be over fences next year. He wouldn't want any further than two miles at the moment - Nicky Henderson, trainer
                      Nice one Jack. I watched back the three Hurdle runs that PRECIOUS CARGO had from January-April and Hendo’s quote about him ‘just messing about over hurdles’ and being a great jumper seemed spot on when watching his two wins. In the 2 mile Aintree Grade 1 he went off 4/1, for the third time set off at the back in his own time, in this higher grade he made up ground alongside Aramon but an awkward jump at the second last led to a lack of momentum and fading away from then on. Looks very interesting when he goes over a fence, be intrigued to see what he could do if they set off near the lead with him on his first trip over fences.
                      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Just took 33s on Vision D’honneur for this. Fell at the Punchestown festival and was midfield at Cheltenham after a 3rd behind Klassical Dream and Aramon (beaten 6 lengths). Elliott thought he was very immature mentally going into Punchestown and would be a much better prospect for this season. He just screams 2m chaser to me.

He’s absolutely enormous and I remember Kevin Blake saying after last years cheltenhan that Vision D’honneur would almost definitely make a very interesting chaser because he’s so big. Built for fences.

Elliott also said something going into Punchestown which had me interested in that he was not showing his best ability on the track but has bundles of talent at home. He expected him to be a much improved horse after getting a few months to grow up. I think 33s here is a fair price and have had a small early play with the idea of going in again if he comes out and says he’a definitely going chasing (as he surely will) and the horse comes out and runs well on his chasing debut.

The 12s with Bet365 is ridiculously short though it has to be said. Shorter than City Island for the Arkle for what reason?

Vision D’honneur @ 33/1

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                          I have Precious Cargo in the tracker, but don't think he's a 2 miler. I just don't think he's quick enough, based on what I saw last season, even if he was just 'messing around'.

Comment

Possibly COD! I will watch him back- maybe one for the any race markets but he’s not on yet.

MOM I had considered VDH as well, is he one for this or maybe the JLT instead? Any race possible again haha

Comment

Possibly COD! I will watch him back- maybe one for the any race markets but he’s not on yet.

MOM I had considered VDH as well, is he one for this or maybe the JLT instead? Any race possible again haha

Comment

I’d have thought VD would go over further also.
                                VD - remember that ?

Comment

Working...
                                X