Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Native River View Post
    Will be keeping a close eye on Itchy Feet once again, really liked him last year and was on him very early and think he is still under the radar even after that Supreme with KD being so imposing. Draconien is obviously another one to keep an eye on, but I would like to know that he at least has 4 legs before I would start considering parting with cash

For those stats fans one I always remember from GaultStats is that Nicky Henderson has had 8 runners in this with a hurdle rating 145+. 7 of those finished in the top 2, Angels Breath meets that, and Mister Fisher just misses out but as quevega says Nicky does do well with these types so well worth a watch!
    Worth noting Itchy Feet bled after the supreme after obvs a very tough race and whilst not disgraced at Aintree i'd be wanting to see him put up another half decent performance before wading in on that one.

Regarding Brewinupastorm i must be the only one who think he lacks that extra gear needed at 2m Trainer already stated after Aintree he won't run over further than 2m4f so i can see why a few are interested early doors, but i struggle to see him being g1 over 2miles personally for all that he travels well.

Comment

The arkle is nearly always won by horses who stay further so that wouldn’t put me off Brewin’Upastorm

Comment

Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
        The arkle is nearly always won by horses who stay further so that wouldn’t put me off Brewin’Upastorm
        I don't disagree , it was more the point i think he lacks a gear.

Comment

What's people's thoughts on getaway trump for this race?

Comment

If fit would Elizir Di Nutz not be heading here ?
            Showed promise last year and has G1 winning form...

Comment

Draconienan (33/1)
              Al Dancer (33/1)
              Brewin'upastorm (25/1)

The 3 plays for me in this so far. The first 2 I made a case in the antepost thread where I also made the case for Thomas Darby for the JLT. On that basis and with cashout I backed Brewin'upastorm for this. I do think long term he may end up the better between the pair. Brewin often travelled through his races like the best horse in the race. I'm hoping a wind op, over fences and a drop back in trip might be the key to see him really click.

I really think Al Dancer has a lot of the characteristics i'd want for this race though agree from a trainer point of view it's very hard to look past Mullins and Henderson.

On Itchy Feet - he'll continue over hurdles, at least to begin with and target the Welsh Champion Hurdle. They'll then go from there but hasn't ruled out him going over fences too dependant on how he gets on. Realises he's probably stuck between being CH class and too high for handicaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                If fit would Elizir Di Nutz not be heading here ?
                Showed promise last year and has G1 winning form...
                Yeah, you'd think so wouldn't you under the Tizzard M.O?

Now he might be a wild enough price? Probably not priced up yet.

Too early to ask though

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Yeah, you'd think so wouldn't you under the Tizzard M.O?

Now he might be a wild enough price? Probably not priced up yet.

Too early to ask though
                  20's in a place, 16's everywhere else.
                  would want bigger myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwfb89 View Post
                    What's people's thoughts on getaway trump for this race?
                    Forgot all about him. I’ve backed him either for this or for any race. Really like the horse.

Harry Derham gave an excellent argument as to why he ran poorly twice last season but he’s well thought of. I like him.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                      20's in a place, 16's everywhere else.
                      would want bigger myself.
                      Yeah disappointing.

Was going for 50/1

Nothings under the radar anymore.

Wishful thinking I suppose.

In a position with a lot of horses that im going for one bad run to get a price. Tough times

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                        Forgot all about him. I’ve backed him either for this or for any race. Really like the horse.

Harry Derham gave an excellent argument as to why he ran poorly twice last season but he’s well thought of. I like him.
                        Do you know whether he's defiantly chasing this year? He's one I would be interested if he was although shame the price isn't slightly bigger than 20s

Comment

Originally posted by Nwfb89 View Post
                          Do you know whether he's defiantly chasing this year? He's one I would be interested if he was although shame the price isn't slightly bigger than 20s
                          I think Derham said on Final Furlong that they would look to go chasing, but he also seemed to indicate that he is someone who would prefer things away from Cheltenham, which may explain why he didnt go there this year

Comment

Originally posted by Native River View Post
                            I think Derham said on Final Furlong that they would look to go chasing, but he also seemed to indicate that he is someone who would prefer things away from Cheltenham, which may explain why he didnt go there this year
                            Thanks NR, think I'll hold of for time being at the price not worth it this far out

Comment

If Saldier goes chasing he would be my selection. 33-1.

Hes been mentioned for the champion hurdle before but with Klassical Dream on the scene he might just switch to fences.

You could argue Willie won the Arkle last year with his fourth choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
                                If Saldier goes chasing he would be my selection. 33-1.

Hes been mentioned for the champion hurdle before but with Klassical Dream on the scene he might just switch to fences.

You could argue Willie won the Arkle last year with his fourth choice.
                                Saldier anywhere he goes for me, have him covered multiple times in the 'any race' market

Comment

Working...
                                X