Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On past form, atr will be doing stable tours in the second half of October so I'd sit tight until then.

For what it's worth, Chasers & Hurdlers assumes another hurdling season for Sharjah and Ruby mentioned Melon as a novice chaser to look forward to.

Comment

• Thanks Archie, I mean I'm not overly bothered what route he takes this season (even though I've backed him for this), I just wanted to know his well-being, what his targets are is secondary for me at this stage.

Dropping Melon in, does that mean you think Arkle for him at this current stage?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        Dropping Melon in, does that mean you think Arkle for him at this current stage?
        I wouldn't really have a view at this stage but you'd have thought that he would start out over 2 miles. If he's ready, there are a couple of 17f beginners chases at Navan in November that could offer a clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
          I wouldn't really have a view at this stage but you'd have thought that he would start out over 2 miles. If he's ready, there are a couple of 17f beginners chases at Navan in November that could offer a clue.
          He's so consistent at the festival, three 2nd's in three tries (maybe somewhat fortuitous this year), so I feel like he deserves success, I just hope, being flat bred, that he takes to fences. As soon as he is declared I'm going to have to back him, and if in that time there is no word on Sharjah, I'll probably take action and cash him out.

Comment

He's so consistent at the festival, three 2nd's in three tries (maybe somewhat fortuitous this year), so I feel like he deserves success, I just hope, being flat bred, that he takes to fences. As soon as he is declared I'm going to have to back him, and if in that time there is no word on Sharjah, I'll probably take action and cash him out.
            If he takes to chasing then that festival experience will stand him in good stead

Comment

Don't suppose anyone has heard anything regarding Sharjah?

I've e-mailed the yard, asked some guys on Twitter (through a friend), but not one reply, which is a bit concerning seeing as all I was asking about was the welfare of the horse and not future plans!
              Rich when interviewed in MH book just says will follow similar route to last year so would assume all is ok..

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                Rich when interviewed in MH book just says will follow similar route to last year so would assume all is ok..
                Thanks Crolwey, I haven't got that far in the book yet, but probably should have looked anyhow!

Comment

• Looking forward to NTD stable tour as thinking Al Dancer could turn up here with Angels Breath staying hurdling

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                    Looking forward to NTD stable tour as thinking Al Dancer could turn up here with Angels Breath staying hurdling
                    Already been one.he was also entered for a 2 mile chase on Sunday before the card was abandoned.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• He'll be the new Lalor

.....or Kalashnikov, in that he'll need to step up in trip!

Comment

He'll be the new Lalor
                        I quite fancy al dancer but want to see his debut first and steal a price.
                        Didn't fancy lalor one bit.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Cheers Scooby.Missed the entery.Looks like i have to pull the trigger sooner than i thought.

Comment

• Getaway Trump, Thomas Darby and Grand Sancy all have entries for same novice chase at Market Rasen Saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuelP View Post
                              Getaway Trump, Thomas Darby and Grand Sancy all have entries for same novice chase at Market Rasen Saturday
                              Could be interesting then!

Nicholls also has Malaya entered, one who should improve for a fence being by Martaline. She could be competitive with a 7lb allowance.

Comment

• Rouge Vif another entered who could make a half decent chaser this season and make this a very interesting early season heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X