Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious Cargo a decent jumper....just not good enough. My idea of the GB arkle contender in the bin

Comment

• Notebook just wins surely?

Comment

• Originally posted by Philg123 View Post
        Notebook just wins surely?
        Looks very good, at the price i'd prefer to wait and learn more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Philg123 View Post
          Notebook just wins surely?
          Probably, but we just don’t know how the English form compares. I still think Brewin’ is underestimated in this race, based on the clock times of his runs this season and decent form at Cheltenham, and I think Melon, if he went here, could well improve past Notebook.

But Notebook worthy fav.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
            Precious Cargo a decent jumper....just not good enough. My idea of the GB arkle contender in the bin
            Not sure he would of loved the heavy ground but agree with you its hard to imagine he will be good enough. Wonder about the Grand Annual on good ground though if hes man enough.

Comment

• Feb 1st will tell a lot I guess but my gut says Cash Back to keep improving over fences and take the Arkle and step up in a Gold Cup attempt next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Back View Post
                Feb 1st will tell a lot I guess but my gut says Cash Back to keep improving over fences and take the Arkle and step up in a Gold Cup attempt next season.
                Has Elegantly Tasted changed his name and found a new favourite?

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                  Not sure he would of loved the heavy ground but agree with you its hard to imagine he will be good enough. Wonder about the Grand Annual on good ground though if hes man enough.
                  Yeah i'd agree, but i've cashed my 25s anyway!

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                    Has Elegantly Tasted changed his name and found a new favourite?
                    Im guessing this means you think I'm an old poster here? Anyway I'm not, just giving my opinion from what I've seen and heard. Time will tell

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Back View Post
                      Im guessing this means you think I'm an old poster here? Anyway I'm not, just giving my opinion from what I've seen and heard. Time will tell
                      I'm hoping you're right Cash Back in regards the Arkle. Not sure about Gold Cup though, surely a 2 miler?

Comment

• Just something I noticed WPM saying about "keeping him at 2 miles, for now..."

Plus I think he was originally sourced as a possible GC horse. Then again plans change.

Comment

• Fakir D'oudaries looks to be the forgotten horse for me.
                          Not sure where his prep will be or whether he stays over 2m but it could be the form of the Christmas defeat to Notebook is being taken too literally, nothing says FD can't reverse that result...

Comment

• If Fakir couldn’t beat him with a weight allowance I can’t see any obvious reason he should reverse the form without one

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                              If Fakir couldn’t beat him with a weight allowance I can’t see any obvious reason he should reverse the form without one
                              Probably lost 3-4 lengths when Walsh lost his irons after jumping 3 out.
                              Too literal to say he would have won by a length or so had that not happened but these are fine margins that can make the difference and given better luck/better ride for me there’s no reason he can’t reverse the form...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                Fakir D'oudaries looks to be the forgotten horse for me.
                                Not sure where his prep will be or whether he stays over 2m but it could be the form of the Christmas defeat to Notebook is being taken too literally, nothing says FD can't reverse that result...
                                I think Notebook is be the worst favourite at the festival at the moment. I have a huge question mark over that form at Christmas and I'd like to see him repeat it at DRF before I'd be tempted to back him.

What was the last horse to win an Arkle with a hurdle rating of 135 or lower? I'm guessing it would be Western Warhorse - and he was 50/1!

Comment

Working...
                                X