Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if anything has been quoted about him going chasing this season but I had Fakir down as interesting for the Stayers more than anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
      In terms of time how impressive was Fakir D’s time when he won on the Festival trials day?? Was it exceptional or flattering due to limited opposition?? He won by a big margin that day and was very impressive. He can clearly run well at Cheltenham. Does anyone know much about his size & scope for Chasing??
      Iv got him down on a shortlist of very few, for the JLT. Was thinking a much bigger price than current though.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Who else is on there Scooby?
        I keep looking at the market for this and the JLT and just seeing a lot of non runners

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
          Who else is on there Scooby?
          I keep looking at the market for this and the JLT and just seeing a lot of non runners
          Samcro
          Fakir D
          Mr adjudicator.

Not a fan of last years novices to be honest.
          Think champs useful over 3m. And emitom (hurdles) is very raw and could develop both physically and his technique.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
            Who else is on there Scooby?
            Melon and we have a dream ARKLE.

My early thoughts anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Melon and we have a dream ARKLE.

My early thoughts anyway
              Unfortunately WHAD suffered a fatal injury a while ago. A real shame

Comment

• Originally posted by Salubrious Chin View Post
                Unfortunately WHAD suffered a fatal injury a while ago. A real shame
                Gutted with that. Unfortunately i must have missed that news. Would have been a lovely novice chaser to go to war with.

Comment

• Melon 16/1 with betvictor, for anyone that missed the price and wants to get on.

Comment

• I associate The Arkle with small fields but this year I see numerous potential runners , am I on the wrong track ?
                    Have placed bets since March 2019 however ......
                    Am heavily into OJA and find it a fantastic insight and trying not to adopt scatter gun approach!!!

Horses that I find of interest / too many
                    Possible entries: Alphabetic order
                    Draconian 33/1
                    Elixir Du Nutz 33/1
                    Felix Desjy. 33/1
                    Getaway Trump.20/1
                    Quick Grabim. 25/1
                    Pic Dorhy. 33/1
                    Thomas Darby. 25/1
                    Zero Ten. 12/1
                    What thoughts ?

I’ve settled on Getaway Trump and Thomas Darby , considering a third ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
                      I associate The Arkle with small fields but this year I see numerous potential runners , am I on the wrong track ?
                      Have placed bets since March 2019 however ......
                      Am heavily into OJA and find it a fantastic insight and trying not to adopt scatter gun approach!!!

Horses that I find of interest / too many
                      Possible entries: Alphabetic order
                      Draconian 33/1
                      Elixir Du Nutz 33/1
                      Felix Desjy. 33/1
                      Getaway Trump.20/1
                      Quick Grabim. 25/1
                      Pic Dorhy. 33/1
                      Thomas Darby. 25/1
                      Zero Ten. 12/1
                      What thoughts ?

I’ve settled on Getaway Trump and Thomas Darby , considering a third ?
                      Getaway Trump for at this stage. Tried at different trips last year but ended with his best performances over 2 miles. Winning a competitive handicap off top weight from a mark of 147 is some achievement for a novice.

Comment

• Draconian ? is he still alive and well ?
                        Elixir Du Nutz - I think they've said will stay hurdling and try and go the champion route.
                        Felix Desjy - Elliott has still got to prove he can train a champion in this division, but this one might be better than most of his previous attempts.
                        Getaway Trump - trainer could easily make him competitive, but some of his form might suggest stamina, so JLT possible.
                        Quick Grabim - I've backed so just hope they go chasing and you never know, his style might give us a run for our money, but might not have enough class depending on the opposition.
                        Pic Dorhy - backed him just in case they go chasing and who knows how good he could be, but nicholls commenting that he reminded him of master minded is very possitive indeed.
                        Thomas Darby - trainer has mentioned arkle and possibly stepping up in trip, but almost every run last year smacked of him going to be better over further, something that was patently obvious with kalashnikov and summerville boy 2 yrs ago.
                        And WTF is zero ten doing on the list. Even if he might run he isn't 12-1.

But I think you may be right at this stage and we might see a few runners again, but it'll only take one to dot up a few times and it could thin out rapidly.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                          Draconian ? is he still alive and well ?
                          Elixir Du Nutz - I think they've said will stay hurdling and try and go the champion route.
                          Felix Desjy - Elliott has still got to prove he can train a champion in this division, but this one might be better than most of his previous attempts.
                          Getaway Trump - trainer could easily make him competitive, but some of his form might suggest stamina, so JLT possible.
                          Quick Grabim - I've backed so just hope they go chasing and you never know, his style might give us a run for our money, but might not have enough class depending on the opposition.
                          Pic Dorhy - backed him just in case they go chasing and who knows how good he could be, but nicholls commenting that he reminded him of master minded is very possitive indeed.
                          Thomas Darby - trainer has mentioned arkle and possibly stepping up in trip, but almost every run last year smacked of him going to be better over further, something that was patently obvious with kalashnikov and summerville boy 2 yrs ago.
                          And WTF is zero ten doing on the list. Even if he might run he isn't 12-1.

But I think you may be right at this stage and we might see a few runners again, but it'll only take one to dot up a few times and it could thin out rapidly.

Cheers Q
                          Draconien anyone have an update ?
                          Mullins put him in Footpad League

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                            Getaway Trump for at this stage. Tried at different trips last year but ended with his best performances over 2 miles. Winning a competitive handicap off top weight from a mark of 147 is some achievement for a novice.
                            Know Nicholls is sweet on GTrump

Comment

• I wouldn't be worried at all about any update on Draconien yet. Very very early for Mullins to be giving many updates unless it's one of his stars. Unfashionable owners too so you won't be getting any updates from a Ricci or Sullivan etc either. Expect the ATR stable tours mid - end of October though Blake is usually restricted to 20 odd horses. Full RP tour usually then comes out mid November. Wouldn't surprise me if there's little to nothing on him before then. Add in the fact Mullins stated last year he would be very cautiously campaigned with few racing and he tends to be in no hurry for his novices to run or at least as early as some.

I personally won't be expecting nor be worried about a lack of updates for him for a fair while yet

Comment

• Thanks Jono

Comment

Working...
                                X