Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Arkle 2020

Top Amateur
    In terms of time how impressive was Fakir D’s time when he won on the Festival trials day?? Was it exceptional or flattering due to limited opposition?? He won by a big margin that day and was very impressive. He can clearly run well at Cheltenham. Does anyone know much about his size & scope for Chasing??

Quote Originally Posted by The King Pimm View Post
    In terms of time how impressive was Fakir D’s time when he won on the Festival trials day?? Was it exceptional or flattering due to limited opposition?? He won by a big margin that day and was very impressive. He can clearly run well at Cheltenham. Does anyone know much about his size & scope for Chasing??
    Flattering by how forward he was relative to the opposition in my opinion

Top Amateur
    I know the form from that race didn’t stack up to much as the horses behind that day went on to do very little from memory but he did smash them that day and I’m curious as to how competitive a time it was for Cheltenham

I know the form from that race didn’t stack up to much as the horses behind that day went on to do very little from memory but he did smash them that day and I’m curious as to how competitive a time it was for Cheltenham
    Wouldn't get too carried away by that, they held nothing back and he was exposed enough at the Spring festivals.

He's not grade 1 winning class over hurdles and won't be over fences unless he's absolutely insane over them, which they've given no indication of.

Others to look at?

Top Amateur
    You maybe right Kev, but he did finish 4th in the SNH and 2nd in his next two Grade 1 races so may be capable of better. I’ve not seen him up and personal so not sure of his size & scope though, does any one know anything about his size & scope? . One thing is for sure JP McManus spends an almighty amount of money on horses that don’t kick on and win the big races, didn’t he pay around 300,000 for Fakir after that Trials win??

I don't know if anything has been quoted about him going chasing this season but I had Fakir down as interesting for the Stayers more than anything.

Iv got him down on a shortlist of very few, for the JLT. Was thinking a much bigger price than current though.