Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha ha!

Probably. We’ll see. If Champ and Fly Smart win too, I’ll take that!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      The difference is though TCH29....

All my book, thoughts, form reading, viewing and analysis goes in here

You might not like your opinions dismissed (I'd prefer to say challenged ) but I feel I've at least earned the right to voice mine on this forum...

Not saying you haven't, just less pressure on you than me
      I know it is! I read ALL of it; yours and everyone’s.

Mine is in a terribly formatted spreadsheet. I’m not trying to copy it out, tidy it all up and post it though! Happily email you it though. And last year’s. Happily take any advice! I know I’m too heavy on multiples and too highly geared to the Supreme but it’s worked for me the last 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCH29 View Post
        I know it is! I read ALL of it; yours and everyone’s.

Mine is in a terribly formatted spreadsheet. I’m not trying to copy it out, tidy it all up and post it though! Happily email you it though. And last year’s. Happily take any advice! I know I’m too heavy on multiples and too highly geared to the Supreme but it’s worked for me the last 2 years.
        Ireland will win this years Arkle

Well I look forward to your 2021 diary.... clearly know what you're talking about.....

It's give and take, and your doing more taking than giving by reading everything and only 219 posts in nearly 2 years

Comment

Well I look forward to your 2021 diary.... clearly know what you're talking about.....

It's give and take, and your doing more taking than giving by reading everything and only 219 posts in nearly 2 years

Yes id imagine (and im gonna say it!) if notebook wins hell go 13/8 something like that

Comment

I definitely am taking more than giving. I believe you learn by listening (or in this case reading) and I have no inside knowledge, just my own analysis.

But i have also flagged once before that this forum can be a little intimidating by how opinions can be shot down, often rightly, sometimes not.

I posted about Espoir D’Allen back mid-season last season, for the CH, got ignored or batted back at the time, but I was a newish poster. That’s not me aftertiming, sure it’s there somewhere.

Most people usually give more when they feel people are interested and listening. Otherwise, why bother?

Comment

• I wasn't serious about the giving and taking, you can do whatever you like.... quality over quantity is not frowned upon at all!

Thanks for the feedback though, that's certainly not the culture I'd want to encourage and myself, or any of the other mods are happy to discuss any improvements you feel could be made.

I am very aware that I am potentially part of the problem too, but I am in no way immune to being reigned in, just message Old Vic, Faugheen_Machine or Istabraq

I'm just a fan too, started off the same as everybody here

Comment

• This is what i signed up for! Serious debate, if you fancy a horse its open to be picked at from everyone else and for you to defend it. This is what leads us to some quality picks when it matters, Much appreciated. Its notebooks time

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                  This is what i signed up for! Serious debate, if you fancy a horse its open to be picked at from everyone else and for you to defend it. This is what leads us to some quality picks when it matters, Much appreciated. Its notebooks time
                  Notebook has no chance, Gigginstown buy staying chasers...

Name 1 decent 2 mile chaser that Gigginstown have EVER been involved with?

Comment

Name 1 decent 2 mile chaser that Gigginstown have EVER been involved with?

Notebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                      Notebook
                      Haha, good point

Comment

• In all seriousness, IF Notebook wins, would he have one of, if not, the biggest OR improvement in one season from 2 mile hurdling to Chasing? 135 to 160??

Comment

• Originally posted by TCH29 View Post
                          In all seriousness, IF Notebook wins, would he have one of, if not, the biggest OR improvement in one season from 2 mile hurdling to Chasing? 135 to 160??
                          There is one horse that springs to mind but ‘its’ name is forbidden on this forum....

Comment

• Id say its already had a major improvement, and that improvement has been the shape of its jumping over fences as opposed to hurdles. The form over hurdles where he never got low and fast enough and nothing was as fluent in his galloping. his fence jumping has been spot on so far and thats the difference he can go a nice smooth gallop now and i hope the improvement keeps coming, especially jumping on at 20/1!

Comment

Yeah, FM big fan.

He's got a poster of him above his bed I've heard.
                              I'll maybe have one if he wins the Arkle!

Comment

• Outsider to watch is Maire Banrigh

Skelton says this is target and RPR if previous race with allowance puts her right in this. Might be one gone under radar. Expensive purchase in top colours

Had previously got some on at 35s and topped up at 25s.....also had some NRNB for Marsh (thankfully yesterday at 25s) as that race could open up

Been to Skelton yard and no doubt it’s an ambitious, focused team....and think will win more G1s at decent prices as still under-rated at level
                                Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Working...
                                X