Page 155 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1577

Thread: Arkle 2020

Apprentice Fat Jockey (7lb claim)
    Just something I noticed WPM saying about "keeping him at 2 miles, for now..."

Plus I think he was originally sourced as a possible GC horse. Then again plans change.

Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    Fakir D'oudaries looks to be the forgotten horse for me.
    Not sure where his prep will be or whether he stays over 2m but it could be the form of the Christmas defeat to Notebook is being taken too literally, nothing says FD can't reverse that result...

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) FaugheenTheMachine's Avatar
    If Fakir couldn’t beat him with a weight allowance I can’t see any obvious reason he should reverse the form without one

Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    If Fakir couldn’t beat him with a weight allowance I can’t see any obvious reason he should reverse the form without one
    Probably lost 3-4 lengths when Walsh lost his irons after jumping 3 out.
    Too literal to say he would have won by a length or so had that not happened but these are fine margins that can make the difference and given better luck/better ride for me there’s no reason he can’t reverse the form...

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Faugheen_Machine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Fakir D'oudaries looks to be the forgotten horse for me.
    Not sure where his prep will be or whether he stays over 2m but it could be the form of the Christmas defeat to Notebook is being taken too literally, nothing says FD can't reverse that result...
    I think Notebook is be the worst favourite at the festival at the moment. I have a huge question mark over that form at Christmas and I'd like to see him repeat it at DRF before I'd be tempted to back him.

What was the last horse to win an Arkle with a hurdle rating of 135 or lower? I'm guessing it would be Western Warhorse - and he was 50/1!

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Humble Pie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I think Notebook is be the worst favourite at the festival at the moment. I have a huge question mark over that form at Christmas and I'd like to see him repeat it at DRF before I'd be tempted to back him.

What was the last horse to win an Arkle with a hurdle rating of 135 or lower? I'm guessing it would be Western Warhorse - and he was 50/1!
    At current prices Iíd say itís on par with Champ

The however /but addendum is Notebook was available at big AP prices .
    Champ wasnít

Also agree Fakir could easily turn form around but open race and others in the shake up
    thank goodness atm itís not the farce we had last year
    Last edited by Humble Pie; 01-15-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Philg123's Avatar
    Henry De Bromhead brings his horses along slowly and it doesn’t have to be a world beater in this field to win (which is average at best) I get what you’re saying though. I can’t see Melon going here, Bapaume could be the one along with cash back. Can’t have brewinupastorm on my brain, don’t think the trainer is any good for a start. Just a personal opinion and one shared by a few people who have dragged horses out of his yard.

Apprentice Fat Jockey (5lb claim) Anay Turge's Avatar
    I agree a terrible price, but what other horses do you think there are to challenge outside of NB & FD? Nobody was getting near Cilaos last year had he stayed fit - I think the same for this year with the top two in the betting.

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Faugheen_Machine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Humble Pie View Post

The however /but addendum is Notebook was available at big AP prices .
    Champ wasn’t

Also agree Fakir could easily turn form around but open race and others in the shake up
    thank goodness atm it’s not the farce we had last year
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be on at 50/1 like a few on here are but I'm purely going off the price he is now.

I agree a terrible price, but what other horses do you think there are to challenge outside of NB & FD?.
    I've not given up on Al Dancer - really think a strongly run two miles, at Cheltenham, will suit him down to the ground.
    Bapaume - highest rated hurdler
    Brewinupastorm - will stay the trip well and I can see him grinding it out up the hill.

Professional Fat Jockey billymag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

If he wins at the Dublin Fest he could be an unbackable price. There looks to be nothing from UK and if he looks the pick of the irish could be even money! Or maybe slightly bigger

I accept Brewin could step up from UK to be fair