Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

York Ebor Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a dreadful day today so going to follow you tomorrow Hampton Fox if that’s alright

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
      I had a dreadful day today so going to follow you tomorrow Hampton Fox if that’s alright
      Much video and form study done to land on the selections - but one jockey or horse error or a piece of bad luck and it can easily go wrong as we all know. Good luck to you tomorrow KP.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Had a good couple of days.

Gone mental on Tamleek tomorrow at 50's 8pts ew
        And Dark Vision 25's 8pts ew.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post

Good luck Q. Nothing wrong with trying to knock it out of the park at a big price.

Comment

A bit better today, I nearly got my money back. Gutted not to have back What’s The Story and Excellent Times. Both horses kept standing out for me when looking through the card but I didn’t commit any money as my bets were already placed and I was significantly down. I think it was a gift and I looked at the gift horse in the mouth and said nay!!! I’m doubly broken especially after seeing Excellent Times win at 66/1!!!

Comment

York's a nightmare tomorrow for punting i think. I'll have a small bet on Garrus on the exchanges win+place in case of a shock in the sprint. Hills has had him 2 runs + both times he's started slow; if he's fixed it, he could be progressive again. He'd be rated a fair bit higher if it weren't for the last two slow starts + whilst he's the stables 2nd horse, it's probable the pace will be mighty + that could end up suiting the finishers. TenS the one to beat but i'll have a small bit on Garrus. He's 60 on the exchanges + i'd have him much closer to Soldier's Call pricewise, whom has mixed it with the likes of Blue Point. Garrus has beat him twice, once in receipt of 5 + the other at the Curragh LTO, when Garrus started slowly and finsihed well.

Best action for me is at the Curragh tomorrow night, hopefully see a Guineas winner + Altair to win the fillies handicap.

Comment

Been a tough punting meeting for me so far. Asides from What’s the Story, I’ve been limited to a few each way placers.

Very much fancy THREAT @ 15/8 and MOLATHAM @ 13/8 tomorrow though.

Fridays bets through the card:
                1:55 - Jazeel @ 7/1 E/W (William Hill go 7 places)
                2:25 - Stradivarius (in a multiple only)
                3:00 - Threat @ 15/8 (NAP)
                3:35 - Battaash @ 5/2 (Suprised at myself for backing him at York but he’s no 5/2 shot)
                4:15 - Molatham @ 13/8 (That form with Mums Tipple makes him a bet)
                4:50 - Biometric @ 10/1 E/W & Dark Vision @ 12/1 E/W (5 places on offer tempted me in)

Comment

Backed Lord of the Lodge and Copper Knight in Ew singles and Ew double (top 4) and magic circle in a forecast with Strad.

Comment

Plenty of money come for Dark Vision

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                      Plenty of money come for Dark Vision
                      Yep. That’s a pretty decent plunge.
                      Was more excited about tamleek that was also heavily backed from 50s before NR
                      Had them in double as well.
                      Corals aren’t going to be happy IF it wins.
                      Not used account for 12 months then they referred all three bets yesterday before accepting.
                      Fingers crossed

Comment

That was electric by Battash.

Well done MoM - I'm guessing those multiples are looking good!

Comment

Hills opened 4-1 yesterday on molatham

Comment

Hills have stuck neck out with
                            True self
                            25-1
                            Backed it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              That was electric by Battash.

Well done MoM - I'm guessing those multiples are looking good!
                              They are indeed!

With Dark Vision and Biometric in the last, either winning would cause some absolute scenes here!

4 winners on the bounce is the stuff of dreams.

Comment

Hills have stuck neck out with
                                True self
                                25-1
                                Backed it again.
                                Also gone with Mustajeer ew 16s sky 8 places
                                probably going to back Weekender also.

this race not like a normal handicap and is getting more and more like the melbourne cup, (without 3 yr olds) so I like the horses that are returning to run again on similar marks that they ran well off last year.

The top 3 or 4 on betting are solid enough but short enough now and hard to seperate really.

Comment

Working...
                                X