Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Faugheen_Machine's Avatar

Football bets 2019/20

A place to put general ramblings and highlight football bets throughout the season.

One bet that has caught my eye is Man City in the season handicap with B365 at 15/1, each way 4 places. City are the best English team I've ever seen and I feel that Liverpool (+4) will struggle to replicate the points tally they got last season.

Spurs (+13), Chelsea (+16), United (+16) and Arsenal (+20) are a level below the top two and all have obvious weaknesses:

Spurs: one big name signing and may lose Eriksen before the start of the season. Still heavily reliant on Kane.

Chelsea: the transfer ban has stopped them replacing Hazard and Lampard looks like giving some of the young players a chance.

United: a wholesale changes and the defense still looks dodgy to me.

Arsenal: still haven't strengthened their defense.

If City push 100 points again I can't see those on +30 gaining enough points throughout the season to finish above them.

City have strengthened their team again with a holding midfielder and look like adding another full back to the squad before the start of the season. On paper they are getting stronger.

5pts ew Man City 15/1
    Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 6th August 2019 at 04:35 PM.

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Good idea for a thread.

Interesting market at 15/1 the field, 4 places in a 20 runner 'race'.

I backed Man City +0 last year at 9/1 - and I think Watford got pretty close to wimnning the handicap.

Liverpool certainly beat my City bet but I agree 4 points isn't enough this year.

Aston Villa +46 pts probably isn't enough, Everton +33 and Leicester +34 probably the closest for me.... but I do like the bet you've put up - will certainly be an added enjoyment factor to each week and result of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Good idea for a thread.

Interesting market at 15/1 the field, 4 places in a 20 runner 'race'.

I backed Man City +0 last year at 9/1 - and I think Watford got pretty close to wimnning the handicap.

Liverpool certainly beat my City bet but I agree 4 points isn't enough this year.

Aston Villa +46 pts probably isn't enough, Everton +33 and Leicester +34 probably the closest for me.... but I do like the bet you've put up - will certainly be an added enjoyment factor to each week and result of the season.
    Everton are +38 with Hills. It's probably worth shopping about on this market.

Bet 365 also allowed it in a multiple (they didn't last season) so I've done the ew double with Klassical Dream for the Champion Hurdle

Professional Fat Jockey Hurricane fly's Avatar
    City at 16/1 is incredible and I will have a bit on it

Other bets Iíve done

City to be unbeaten at 50/1

Brighton to go down at 2/1 (in a multi)

Rashford under 10 goals

Professional Fat Jockey Rhinestone_Cowboy's Avatar
    Think I'll follow you in on the KD E/W double FM for a bit of interest. Like most on here I think, don't get too involved with the footy but was looking for an interest in Arsenal (my team) for the season and the best I could find was 4/1 for them to not have a 0-0 all season. Their last one was December 2017 and the bet would have landed last season. Looks like our pretty awesome attack will be better and our defence still dreadfully porous. Still not sure I'll get involved

Professional Fat Jockey Saxon Warrior's Avatar
    I’ve backed Southampton in the Season Handicap (+45) in the hope that the improved results from bottom of the league to safety following the managerial change mid-season will be continued. If they can get 50 points or more on the 45 point start then they will be close to the top.

They averaged enough with the new manager over his first half a season to achieve an average 50 points over a whole season so it’s not stretching the imagination too much to think they could do it over a whole season.

Professional Fat Jockey Saxon Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
    Think I'll follow you in on the KD E/W double FM for a bit of interest. Like most on here I think, don't get too involved with the footy but was looking for an interest in Arsenal (my team) for the season and the best I could find was 4/1 for them to not have a 0-0 all season. Their last one was December 2017 and the bet would have landed last season. Looks like our pretty awesome attack will be better and our defence still dreadfully porous. Still not sure I'll get involved
    Rhinestone, which bookmakers were betting on no NIL-NIL scores for Premier League teams? I have a friend who is a West Ham fan who wants to make that bet, as he thinks their defence is poor.

Professional Fat Jockey Rhinestone_Cowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamptonfox View Post
    Rhinestone, which bookmakers were betting on no NIL-NIL scores for Premier League teams? I have a friend who is a West Ham fan who wants to make that bet, as he thinks their defence is poor.
    Just backed it for Arsenal, took me 10 mins to find it again ...haha.

Skybet- Team requestabets

My bets:

2 points over 0.5 goals in all Arsenal games @4/1
    2.5 points Aubemeyang top scorer @8/1
    4 points Liverpool to go undefeated at home @9/2

That will do me

Professional Fat Jockey Hurricane fly's Avatar
    The more I think about it the most I can’t believe City being 16/1 for the handicap with bet365

Only 9/1 with Skybet although that is with Liverpool +5 rather than +4