Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This far ahead, with so many things that can go wrong, I'd only be looking to protect the win portion with a place so I'd spend £20 as £10 win and £5 ew or even £12 win and £4 ew.
    Truth be told, I probably would leave well alone until Paddy P quotes a price.

Comment

Think I could be tempted by Angels Breath at 50/1 now Nicky mentions him staying hurdling, anyone any thoughts?
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 15 October 2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

One I am interested in Billy.

I think we will see a different horse with a better prep, and I'd prefer him to Pentland Hills & Fusil Raffles.

Just taken the small amount of 70's and a little of the 55's on the exchanges, but minimal stakes!
        Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 15 October 2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Done a double last night.
          Be Ahead won 10/11
          Angels Breath 50/1 Champ Hurd

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
            Think I cud be tempted by Angels Breath at 50/1 now Nicky mentions him staying hurdling, anyone any thoughts?
            Do you think they might put him up in trip, doesn't seem an out and out 2 miler and went over intermediate trip at Aintree

Comment

Originally posted by SamuelP View Post
              Do you think they might put him up in trip, doesn't seem an out and out 2 miler and went over intermediate trip at Aintree
              Might during the season.

Usually need to get 2 and a half at some stage to prove you have the stamina needed for a strongly run 2 mile CH though (as the cliche goes)

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                Think I could be tempted by Angels Breath at 50/1 now Nicky mentions him staying hurdling, anyone any thoughts?
                Billy i read Hendos comments about AB and his remark "unfinished business"certainly says to me that Nicky thinks he a lot better than he shown so far.

I backed him last night for Champion as alternative to my main plunge on Saldier , and though he might go up in trip im happy to take the gamble.

Comment

Yeah i think ill have a go for a smallish stake at that kind of price, I know they thought he was very good last year from his homework.

Comment

Klassical dream beat AB easily not in a million years can I see the form being reversed I personally think KD is very good

Comment

• He's obviously a big price but I couldn't be having Angel's Breath at all right now. Certainly not over hurdles still and he's absolutely one I'd want to see lay down a proper marker even if it saw his price half. A lot of respectable people had high hope's for him last year and that belief may still hold true in the long term but for me he's an 'all talk no substance" horse for me. His win last year was bit of a joke of a race which hasn't held up form wise. Didn't feature in the Supreme and then Aintree on paper looked like an improvement finishing behind 2 decent horses but when you look at who finished behind it was probably the bare minimum of where he should have finished.

If they were to send him over a fence I think I'd have more interest but for now he's in the Charli Parcs category for me

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                        He's obviously a big price but I couldn't be having Angel's Breath at all right now. Certainly not over hurdles still and he's absolutely one I'd want to see lay down a proper marker even if it saw his price half. A lot of respectable people had high hope's for him last year and that belief may still hold true in the long term but for me he's an 'all talk no substance" horse for me. His win last year was bit of a joke of a race which hasn't held up form wise. Didn't feature in the Supreme and then Aintree on paper looked like an improvement finishing behind 2 decent horses but when you look at who finished behind it was probably the bare minimum of where he should have finished.

If they were to send him over a fence I think I'd have more interest but for now he's in the Charli Parcs category for me
                        I was very disappointed in him at aintree, I had a big old bet EW on him at 13/2 ante post. I personally thought he'd have no trouble winning. Throughout the race he was poor, pulled his chance away, found very little. and i was extremely lucky just to get a share of 3rd, where I personally thought he'd been nabbed for the minor place.

Probably end up in the county as one of the market leaders.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Yeah I thought the step up in trip would have brought about the necessary improvement to see him win that day.
                          He's just been a very underwhelming horse so far. Unless he turned inside out over the summer and came on a bundle something needs to change whether that be discipline or trip but the step up to 2m4 didn't seem to do anything at Aintree

Comment

• An update today on Labaik - https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...-monday/404720

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                              They will be making a film if he wins the Champion Hurdle

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                They will be making a film if he wins the Champion Hurdle
                                A box office belter at that....The General meets Into The West

One for our Irish members!

Seriously tho the horse is super talented "IF" still retaining his ability. I've never been more confident in a 50/1 shot as i was when i seen him kick off in the Supreme he won!

Comment

Working...
                                X