Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
    A cynic is a person who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing
    Just the value of Honesty ...... lied to once, never trusted again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautothegreat8 View Post
      Just the value of Honesty ...... lied to once, never trusted again.
      I defer to post 682

Says it all

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
        went to JP's home in Ireland for some magic grass too.

Don't know what all the fuss is about anyway.
        My big toenail comes off all the time, and I can still run.
        Unless Buvuer Dair's like David Haye.
        He should be fine in a few weeks.
        That made me chuckle, I remember David Haye standing on a table to show off his bruised toe to justify not attempting to throw any punches against Klitscho

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
          went to JP's home in Ireland for some magic grass too.

Don't know what all the fuss is about anyway.
          My big toenail comes off all the time, and I can still run.
          Unless Buvuer Dair's like David Haye.
          He should be fine in a few weeks.
          Hahahahaha, post of the day on here.

Comment

• Surprised anyone thinks there is anything fishy going on with BD tbh.

Think connections have been perfectly up front and honest about it.

I never bought into the Binocular conspiracy theories either though. Horses aren't robots after all. I don't think JP and NJH sat down and hatched a plot to land a betting coup in the Champion Hurdle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              Surprised anyone thinks there is anything fishy going on with BD tbh.

Think connections have been perfectly up front and honest about it.

I never bought into the Binocular conspiracy theories either though. Horses aren't robots after all. I don't think JP and NJH sat down and hatched a plot to land a betting coup in the Champion Hurdle.
              Fishy may be a poor choice of words but do I think it’s as bad as described ??? Absolutely not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautothegreat8 View Post
                Fishy may be a poor choice of words but do I think it’s as bad as described ??? Absolutely not.
                They never said he was out for the season, and the recovery time of an off-fore hoof varies dramatically. IMO it was right to paint a picture that leant more towards the worse case scenario. Had they underplayed it and he took a load of money and then was declared out for the season they would be vilified. Either way BVD wouldn’t be on my mind for this atm

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                  They never said he was out for the season, and the recovery time of an off-fore hoof varies dramatically. IMO it was right to paint a picture that leant more towards the worse case scenario. Had they underplayed it and he took a load of money and then was declared out for the season they would be vilified. Either way BVD wouldn’t be on my mind for this atm
                  Agree with this but hoping the talk of returning will get sufficiently optimistic that I can cash out

Comment

• See Call Me Lord has been declared for the International tomorrow, so Hendo is prepared to try him left handed. Been a big fan of this horse for some time and in hindsight think a strongly run 2 miles is the trip for him. In anticipation of the declaration I asked 365 to price up the CHurdle earlier in the week but they quoted a paltry 16/1. Billy’s have him at 40s which I think could be huge if he can prove his effectiveness left handed and over the course. Taken a chance with the boosted 40s for this and backed at 5s e/w tomorrow.

Comment

• Can't make my mind up re the Intl tomorrow. My head says I should be backing Pentland for the Churdle but somethings stopping me. The one I like is Elixr and he's a huge price for March but I doubt he'll be classy enough. They are the only two I can take out of the race before it's ran with the Churdle in mind if that makes sense. Not going to do them both so will probably plump for Tizzards boy

Comment

• Really fancy Pentland tomorrow and think he’s a proper fair price. I understand people having doubts about the form last year but what more can the horse do but win his race. There’s no doubt he’s going to be a stronger horse this year so will obviously improve but to be honest I don’t think he’ll have to improve to beat this lot tomorrow.

Comment

• Question marks over most of those at the head of the market, I’ve taken a chance that Elizir de Nutz will come back strong tomorrow and the fact Tizzard keeps this one over timber suggests he believes the horse is capable of going close in a champion hurdle.
                          33/1 looks fair to me, any sort of positive performance tomorrow will see his price collapse as the market looks for credible candidates....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                            Can't make my mind up re the Intl tomorrow. My head says I should be backing Pentland for the Churdle but somethings stopping me. The one I like is Elixr and he's a huge price for March but I doubt he'll be classy enough. They are the only two I can take out of the race before it's ran with the Churdle in mind if that makes sense. Not going to do them both so will probably plump for Tizzards boy
                            They said he wasn’t “classy enough” & Rock on Ruby turned over greater opposition than EDN will face in this year’s CH. I was on ROR that day in 2012 & have backed EDN accordingly e/w... especially given the current prices. Yes he has to step up but he could well do at a decent price...

Comment

• If chtibello drifts past 5/1 as I expect, I'll likely have a small crack at him EW tomorrow. I dont see anything for the champion hurdle itself in this field.
                              I'd even fancy supasundae to take this and hes a 40/1 shot for the CH.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                Question marks over most of those at the head of the market, I’ve taken a chance that Elizir de Nutz will come back strong tomorrow and the fact Tizzard keeps this one over timber suggests he believes the horse is capable of going close in a champion hurdle.
                                33/1 looks fair to me, any sort of positive performance tomorrow will see his price collapse as the market looks for credible candidates....
                                Hed need to improve a hel of alot on his novice form to be getting anywhere near a CH. Itchy feet and thomas darby placed in the supreme but they were held right up with quiet rides to come home late when the winner had flown. I wouldn't have liked elixir de nutz chances up the front. And his other form with grand sancy and southfield stone looks pretty rubbish too, compared to champion hurdle calibre.

All be it, it dosent look the strongest renewal. But even the likes off supasundae would be well above that.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X