Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Glorious Goodwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday

1.50 Puds 7/1
    2.25 Outbox 8/1
    3.00 Dramatic Queen 3/1
    3.40 Summerghand 14/1
    4.15 King Of Athens 2/1
    4.50 Warning Fire 5/1
    5.25 Poets Prince 11/1

Comment

Saturday Goodwood
      Super Yankee

1.50 Puds 7/1 (excellent form at course)

2.25 Outbox 8/1 (got into poor position in hcap LTO. Needs win penalty to get into Ebor)

3.40 Flavius Titus 10/1 (looks to have been laid out for race)

4.50 Hero Hero 8/1(stable tour trainer thought this was his best Royal Ascot horse)

5.25 Storting 9/1 (gelded since last run, his race videos show why, but also why any improvement could mean he is very well handicapped)

Storting is the most interesting runner of the day for me, and my NAP.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

I said on twitter MOM before the race, so this isn't aftertiming (haha) that Hermosa's Guineas form is suspect. Has beaten sprinters up so far until being found beaten at Ascot. Even if you ignore Lady Kaya RIP, Qabala was in third at Newmarket. Irish Guineas pace bias combined with beating a sprinter....I'm going to vote she's not as good as some thing

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
          I said on twitter MOM before the race, so this isn't aftertiming (haha) that Hermosa's Guineas form is suspect. Has beaten sprinters up so far until being found beaten at Ascot. Even if you ignore Lady Kaya RIP, Qabala was in third at Newmarket. Irish Guineas pace bias combined with beating a sprinter....I'm going to vote she's not as good as some thing
          I thought she was going to get beat in the Irish 1000 Guineas but that performance impressed me and I thought perhaps she’d grown into a big striding galloper that would gallop her rivals into submission before finding something far too classy later in the season.

But now I think, if she's not lame, perhaps you could be right and the Guineas form has flattered her.

Comment

Working...
          X