Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Glorious Goodwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lil Rockerfeller was one of my very few wins at last year’s Glorious Goodwood. He trying to repeat last year’s feat but up 17lbs. Given the conditions do you think this will be enough to stop him?

Comment

Had a good day today with stradivarius, sir dancealot and pinatubo winning with places from lost in time, chaleur and positive. So going to share what i fancy for tomorrow.

1- Lil rockerfeller & Zubayr
      2 - Tribal craft & Persian moon
      3 - Maven win and hand on my heart ew, although i think Alligator alley will.run a nice race.
      4 - Too darn hot just wins, finally got him right. Doubt he will run of it comes up soft.
      5 - Glamorous Anna seems over priced backed ew 3 places instead of 2 with bet365
      6 - Lady of Shallot looks a pattern horse in the making to me
      7 - La maquina, gets a big pull in the weights fromthe fav and is 4 times the price, didnt get a clear run when getting beat by the fav and will finish a lot closer i hope.

Also had a token bet on Salute the soldier after listening to oddscheckee postcast where thwy seemed to say that a change of riding tactics would wither see him win it or get overwhelmee at the finish.

Comment

On to wednesday...Goodway L.31. - 1- Hand on my heart - 3-00 gdwd.
        2- Circus maximus - 3-35 gdwd.
        3- Mrs bouquet - 4-10 gdwd.
        4- Naqaawa - 4-45 gdwd.
        5- Ravenhill - 7-20 galway.
        good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
          Day 1 bets:

1:50 - Setting Sail @ 4/1 & Mountain Hunter @ 12/1 E/W

2:25 - Pinatubo @ 15/8 (antepost)

3:00 - Suedois @ 9/1 E/W

3:35 - Stradivarius @ 4/5 (antepost)

4:10 - Cobra Eye @ 13/8

4:45 - Amomentofmadness @ 16/1 E/W

4:15 - Salayel @ 7/2

I have 8 big bets across the week (7 singles and then the 7 horses in a big multiple with battash thrown in too). If I could get 5 winners in the singles and the multiple, it’s been a great week.

Two is those run today... Pinatubo and Stradivarius. So there will be celebrations here if those two could oblige to open up the week.

Good luck to you all for today and for the entire week.

Scenes! Onto day 2..

Comment

Wednesday selections:

1:50 – Dubawi Fifty @ 6/1 E/W

2:25 – Durston @ 13/2 E/W & Eminence @ 10/1 E/W

3:00 – Liberty Beach @ 9/4 (antepost)

3:35 – Too Darn Hot @ 11/8 (antepost)

4:10 – Mighty Spirit @ 9/4

4:45 – Nearooz @ 3/1 & Thimbleweed @ 12/1 E/W

5:55 – Aljady @ 10/1 E/W & Light And Dark @ 4/1

Of the big bets, both won yesterday. Both looked superb too. Pinatubo is a serious horse and Strad just wins doesn’t he. Two very very good horses. The hoped for scenes did occur. Today we roll on to Liberty Beach at 9/4 and Too Darn Hot at 11/8. Is it greedy to pray both win and the multiple be on 4/4. I’d dare to dream at that point. I’d be in an excellent position if even one of the two was to win so we shall see.

Good luck all..

Comment

Goodwood.

Double

1.50.Lil Rockerfeller
              2.25.Sir Ron Priestley
              singles & double

Lucky 15

3.00.Hand on my Heart
              4.10.Mrs Bouquet
              4.45.Nearooz
              5.55. Apex King

Good luck all.

Comment

Sir Mark Prescott with pulling off a big handicap coup....the man is one of the best in the business making this happen. I wasn’t on him but credit where it’s due

Comment

Took 10-1ew Lord Glitters and 50-1ew Accidental Agent.
                  Big prices considering likely way race will be run.
                  I expect Circus Maximus to go hard from the front and set it up for something to try and get past.
                  Should hopefully suit both older horses.
                  However, the three year olds might just be better. We'll see.

Comment

Of the big bets, both won yesterday. Both looked superb too. Pinatubo is a serious horse and Strad just wins doesn’t he. Two very very good horses. The hoped for scenes did occur. Today we roll on to Liberty Beach at 9/4 and Too Darn Hot at 11/8. Is it greedy to pray both win and the multiple be on 4/4. I’d dare to dream at that point. I’d be in an excellent position if even one of the two was to win so we shall see.

Good luck all..
                    Looking fantastic now mate

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                      Looking fantastic now mate
                      I’m in quite a position now. The bet was this:

Trebles (main amount), 4-folds, 5-folds, 6-fold and 7-fold. Only got 80p on the acca but at 937/1, but that’ll do nicely. Trebles was the main part of the bet anyway.

The 8 horses were:
                      1) Pinatubo @ 7/4
                      2) Stradivarius @ 4/5
                      3) Liberty Beach @ 15/8
                      4) Too Darn Hot @ 11/10
                      5) Threat @ 9/4
                      6) Hermosa @ 15/8
                      7) Jubiloso @ 13/8
                      8) Battaash @ 1/3

I’d have been delighted with 6 winning. Don’t want to be greedy and dream of the 8 winning but it’s hard not to at halfway..

That’s just the multiple anyway. I got stuck into the singles so had 9/4 Liberty Beach which was a nice winner.

I’ll post my other horses for tomorrow tonight. Still got three races today to run too.

Comment

I’m in quite a position now. The bet was this:

Trebles (main amount), 4-folds, 5-folds, 6-fold and 7-fold. Only got 80p on the acca but at 937/1, but that’ll do nicely. Trebles was the main part of the bet anyway.

The 8 horses were:
                        1) Pinatubo @ 7/4
                        2) Stradivarius @ 4/5
                        3) Liberty Beach @ 15/8
                        4) Too Darn Hot @ 11/10
                        5) Threat @ 9/4
                        6) Hermosa @ 15/8
                        7) Jubiloso @ 13/8
                        8) Battaash @ 1/3

I’d have been delighted with 6 winning. Don’t want to be greedy and dream of the 8 winning but it’s hard not to at halfway..

That’s just the multiple anyway. I got stuck into the singles so had 9/4 Liberty Beach which was a nice winner.

I’ll post my other horses for tomorrow tonight. Still got three races today to run too.
                        Fantastic MoM, should have a good payout off the 4 winners so for mate

Comment

Well done MoM, it’s a good idea to do multiples on the shorties if there are a lot of races with them in, and you want to have something to watch that carries your support. I really hope that you go all the way. I like your next one up - Threat (Hannon raves about him every time he is on the Unibet blogs).
                          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Top betting once again MoM, we’ll done buddy.

Does anyone know why SDS replaces Jaime Spencer on Durston today?

Comment

It’s ok, I just rewatched ITV racing and clocked Spencer didn’t make the weight.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words lads. The ball continues to roll.

Day 3 bets:

1:50 - Sinjaari @ 4/1

2:25 - Threat @ 5/2 (antepost)

3:00 - Jalmoud @ 5/1 E/W

3:35 - Hermosa @ 9/4 (antepost)

4:10 - Picture Frame @ 8/1 E/W

4:45 - Craylands @ 4/1

5:20 - Pass The Gin @ 9/1 E/W

The day frankly is all about Threat and Hermosa. Obviously if one was to win that would be great in normal circumstances. But the possibility of the acca landing has me really hoping they both might oblige. The 967/1 accumulator is now only 27/1 to win so I can’t help but think about it. So come on them both!!

Comment

Working...
                                X