Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Enable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enable

Own thread for this superstar mare...

....that needs 7lbs to see off Crystal Ocean....

I've seen people say they'd prefer to have owned her than Frankel, and some say she's better.

Pathetic....

(almost as pathetic as starting a thread about a superstar mare then moaning about strangers comparing her to a different horse from a different time)

Back down to earth, it's going to be pretty exciting if she lines up on Arc day! I remember being excited about Treve and was no where near as vested in her as I am the wonderful Enable!

Enable has a better palmares than Frankel and it isn’t even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
      Enable has a better palmares than Frankel and it isn’t even close.
      No she doesn't.

4 of her wins (at least) are restricted to mares & fillies only

She's only Frankie Dettori away from being beaten in an Arc and a King George too.

She's better than Winx, that is where the story ends. Even if she wins a third Arc she isn't a better horse than Frankel.

An arguement I've seen for Enable is that she's more versitle...yet Enable and Frankel have both won over 3 different trips. (7f 8f, 10f - 8f 10f 12f)

If you say 'she's travelled' then I'll end the discussion.
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 28 July 2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Assuming Enable retires at the end of this flat season to go into breeding could her and Frankel get it on and make potential wonder horses? I know very little about bloodstock breeding but assuming Frankel is still breeding?? Is breeding like championship boxing where promoters/agents pull the strings for owners on who goes with who??
        Last edited by The King Pimm; 28 July 2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I’ll stress again my knowledge of flat racing is limited but do the owners of Frankel also own Enable?? They wear the same silks do they not?

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
            I’ll stress again my knowledge of flat racing is limited but do the owners of Frankel also own Enable?? They wear the same silks do they not?
            Hi TKP,

They're both owned by Prince Khalid bin Abdullah who owns Juddmonte Farms (a breeding operation) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juddmonte_Farms

I might not be the best to explain this, but they're 'closely' related and there would be too much Sadler's Wells in there?

Enable is out of Nathaniel (son of Galileo, son of Sadler's Wells and her Mum mated with Sadler's Wells).
            and Frankel is a son of Galileo, son of Sadler's Wells).

I'm not sure exactly why that is too closely related... SOmething about the 2nd and 3rd tiers... but all gets quite confusing.

A much more likely first mate for her would be Kingman who seems to be producing some really good horses and he's from a different line.

Comment

Cheers Kev for the info. Shame that but they have to careful with the interbreeding, you can see what it has done to most of the ruling classes in the U.K. to risk messing about with!! From comments made yesterday on TV, Enable will be ideal brood mate for some potential NH horses given her success at some longer distances.

Comment

As someone who is obsessed with National Hunt racing yet pretty much takes the summer off during the flat season - yesterday had me as excited and enthralled as probably any jumps race (except the Festival) bar a few. That was exceptional. From the build up, to the finish, to Frankies ride, to the runner up and ultimately the star of he show, Enable. It had it all and for the first time for a flat race had me watching back the race the day after and following the reaction for the past 24 hours. Which for me is some feat. Superstar.

On comparisons, let's not beat around the Bush here, forget Frankel. How does she compare with Sea The Stars....as everyone knows he's the greatest

Comment

Haven’t been on here for a month or so but yesterday had the hairs on my neck on end. What a brilliant mare she is. I’d love her to be an arc winner for the 3rd time. The best ones always seem to overcome race conditions that don’t suit and she did that yesterday. Take a bow crystal ocean. He had a bloody good go at it again

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy Antarctic View Post
                    Haven’t been on here for a month or so but yesterday had the hairs on my neck on end. What a brilliant mare she is. I’d love her to be an arc winner for the 3rd time. The best ones always seem to overcome race conditions that don’t suit and she did that yesterday. Take a bow crystal ocean. He had a bloody good go at it again
                    That stood out for me as well.

During the race when she was out wide and much further back I didn't think she'd be able to kick for home and hold on.

The incredible bit for me is the side on view, where you see her get headed thne she just battled back past. Has to be one of the most important attributes for any racehorse!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      No she doesn't.

4 of her wins (at least) are restricted to mares & fillies only

She's only Frankie Dettori away from being beaten in an Arc and a King George too.

She's better than Winx, that is where the story ends. Even if she wins a third Arc she isn't a better horse than Frankel.

An arguement I've seen for Enable is that she's more versitle...yet Enable and Frankel have both won over 3 different trips. (7f 8f, 10f - 8f 10f 12f)

If you say 'she's travelled' then I'll end the discussion.
                      A better palmares does not equate to a better horse but she has

2 x Arc D’Triumph - possibility of a third!
                      2 x King George
                      1x Coral Eclipse
                      First horse to ever win an Arc and then a Breeders Cup.
                      She’s even won at the mighty Chester

I know people are touchy over the fact that Frankel didn’t travel anywhere and it can be claimed he avoided horses but Enable has won group 1s in 4 different countries, that adds to a horses CV.

Comment

A better palmares does not equate to a better horse but she has

2 x Arc D’Triumph - possibility of a third!
                        2 x King George
                        1x Coral Eclipse
                        First horse to ever win an Arc and then a Breeders Cup.
                        She’s even won at the mighty Chester

I know people are touchy over the fact that Frankel didn’t travel anywhere and it can be claimed he avoided horses but Enable has won group 1s in 4 different countries, that adds to a horses CV.
                        The fact she's raced at Chester detracts from her legacy

As long as you don't think she's a better horse I don't mind. She can have the best CV on paper, but I know who the better horse was.

In the pointless hypothetical, 10f at Ascot match between them... I know which one I'd have been on. I'll spend my hypothetical winnings somehow.

Comment

Another tick in the Enable greatest of all time box

Comment

Another tick in the Enable greatest of all time box
                            She is some horse. Pity Japan is going to spoil the party the first weekend in October

Comment

Btw.
                              The RPR rating of Ghaiyyath's win in Germany at the weekend (better than enable) is a fucking joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X