The Open Championship 2019

Post you thoughts and bets.

I have a rather big (for me) ante post bet on Tiger to win this at 18/1 but would gladly cash out out of it was an option.

I need to have another look at this but Louis Oosthuizen at 45/1 (10 places) really appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

I have a rather big (for me) ante post bet on Tiger to win this at 18/1 but would gladly cash out out of it was an option.

I need to have another look at this but Louis Oosthuizen at 45/1 (10 places) really appeals.
    Had one bet so far.
    Cabrera Bello 125-1 ew, couple of weeks back.
    course form and seems to be playing consistently well.

I think Jamie Donaldson has course form also and might get qualified this week in scottish open after not being in very good form at all.
    he would be a massive price right now, as still not qualified, but cannot find him listed anywhere.
    Think leading three players not already qualified would get in, but not sure.

obviously both the above are massive long shots.

See Koepka has drifted to 10-1 and this is just underestimating his quality and consistency in the majors in last 3 years. If he goes as big as 12-1 I'll back big I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

If the wind gets up Oost is a massive runner, not sure the forecast is helping though but hd’s always worth a small each way especially with firms offering 10 places.
    I’ll be all over Koepke too...

Adam Scott will be my main bet for this.

His open record is superb, his links record is really good - 30/1 for 10 places is enough for me.

Of the market leaders I think Rory has the best chance but taking single figures in a major won't ever tempt me in.

Added Paul Waring each way 300/1

added Andrew Johnston 250-1 ew & Weisberger 60-1 ew.

Weisberger obviously in fine form, 2nd anf first last two weekends and all rounds in 60's.

And 'the beef' because i'm a sucker for a good story given his depression issues publicised recently.

Weather forecast seems to be getting gradually worse....