Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

St Leger 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Leger 2019

I’ve been on CONSTANTINOPLE since he stayed on late to beat Buckhurst in The Group 3 Gallinule Stakes.

I took the 25/1 for the St Leger after that race.

Lost money when Constantinople was narrowly beaten off 105 in the Royal Ascot 12F 3yo Handicap. That was a good run and that is shown as it continued his RPR’s improvement each time he has run. 74-84-95-101-108-113. At least 5point is prove men teach time, so I continue with the hope that this will continue through one more run, then the St Leger.

Buckhurst also gave the form a big boost by winning a Group 3 on the Irish Derby Card today.
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 29 June 2019, 02:47 PM.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Cannot believe that 30 minutes after a 6 length Irish Derby Win by the big galloping SOVEREIGN that B365 still has the horse at 50/1 for the St Leger! He looks really suited to long-straight galloping tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
      Cannot believe that 30 minutes after a 6 length Irish Derby Win by the big galloping SOVEREIGN that B365 still has the horse at 50/1 for the St Leger! He looks really suited to long-straight galloping tracks.
      B365 dropped Sovereign’s St Leger price from 50/1 to 14/1 forty minutes after the race. Best in a couple of places is now 20/1.

Comment

I am not sure that tv pundits suggesting AVD and Broome have potential for the St Leger are (a) looking at breeding or (b) watching the same racing as me. This is great as it helps get value and the potential winner elsewhere which is what we are after.

Comment

Shameful namedropping here but I was fortunate enough to enjoy the company of Barry Hills for a few hours some years ago and he said that winning a St Leger can often reduce a horses stud value as Breeders can view staying pedigree negatively.
          An Irish Derby carries much higher value than a Leger win, though the likes of Coolmore run the operation for racing not stud fees so this may not be relevant...

Comment

Coolmore have so many 3yo colts each year, bred in the purple and rated 110+, their skill is to choose the right type of race for each horse. I can see AVD at 10-12F, Broome 10F, Sovereign 12-14F, Japan aimed at the Arc, Constantinople 12-14F and Sir Dragonet is the one that still could be evolving into any of the above.

Comment

Working...
            X