Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Northumberland Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northumberland Plate

Staunch NH fan off on a rare trip to a flat racing meeting this weekend. If anyone has any strong fancies for the big race, or even any definite runners towards the head of the market that would be much appreciated

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    Staunch NH fan off on a rare trip to a flat racing meeting this weekend. If anyone has any strong fancies for the big race, or even any definite runners towards the head of the market that would be much appreciated
    Bit early as entries not confirmed but although i'm not sure what mark he'll be running off. If Barbados is declared for the vase, then I'd think he'd be a strong bet. Probably won't run though, could be an ebor option for O'brien instead.
    I often look closely at B Ellison runners at this meeting, especially in the lesser class races on Friday or later on the card on the Saturday.
    Think he has a good record and know that he wants winners at this meeting for sure.

Comment

Some gamble on the favourite for a horse that hasn’t run for 2 years.......

Comment

Saw that FTM, given the fact he won that off 94, 2 years off wouldn't make me massively interested off 105 even if he did win easy. Connections know their stuff though.

Comment

I see he's entered in the Tatts July Sale in a couple of weeks. Make of that what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
            I see he's entered in the Tatts July Sale in a couple of weeks. Make of that what you will.
            Interesting, they really are going for the jackpot. Win this + then flog "Melbourne Cup winner 2019"

Comment

I really like Stratum for the plate FTM. He’s run two eyecatching races this year, the second one obviously a prep for a big flat pot. He looked a stayer to follow last year when beating a decent field at Newbury which included Cleonte who was impressive on Saturday at ascot. He disappointed after that but was a huge gamble for the ebor when getting no luck in that race. I’d still be keeping with him this year.

Comment

I am very keen on TIME TO STUDY now he has returned to form for his new stable Ian Williams at Royal Ascot.

He ran an absolute blinder over a trip of 2M4F, and hit the front travelling well around 2 furlongs out, which bodes well for a drop back to 2M&1/2F at Newcastle.

Last year for Mark Johnston in the middle of the usual blitz of runs that stable give their horses, he ran here under an official mark of 108 and was beaten 8 lengths by Withhold who raced from a mark of 99.

This year he has just shown his form for the in-form stable of Ian Williams and is running off a mark of 96, with Withhold on 107, a turnaround of 20lbs for 8 lengths, where the switch of stables has been of benefit to the horse.

I think 16/1 is a great price and I have taken it.

PS: I will look to double up with SUPERB STORY in the Consolation Plate who can run off a mark of 82 for his new stable, after a switch from Skelton to Fry and an interesting debut on the AW behind a runaway leader/winner. He was entered for the Ascot Stakes with Jamie Spencer jocked up, but was balloted out.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

I think Shabeeb is over priced in this at 33/1 6 places

Was ante post fav for the Chester Cup for the mighty Ian Williams... drifted on the day hugely, hated the ground and pulled up... I can forgive that.

You aren't ante post fav for a race like the Chester Cup until the day unless you're ahead of your handicap mark... and because the other two Ian Williams runners have more obvious chances (I like Time To Study and Speedo Boy too) I think this chap is missed in the market. Too much is made of the owner wanting winners at Chester and Chester alone, and I think we're being compensated in the price.

Comment

Working...
                  X