Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
    I’d cashed out of one or two positions BFX last night, and waited for the entries in the novice hurdles today’s see if there was anything to add to my squad.

I was particularly interested in the Triumph Hurdle market and noted the shock news for Nicky Henderson’s bare cupboard in the race this year, as well as a light team from Willie Mullins.

Joseph O’Brien has A Wave of the Sea and Cerberus, who I think are both clearly second tier juveniles.

At the moment the market has three horses well clear in the market, and I have Allmankind in my book, and am not keen to add either Goshen or Aspire Tower at their current odds and given their tendency to both pull hard in races (similar to Allmankind).

The only other horse I like is Mick Pastor, and he is the other one in my book already, at 50/1.

Having checked the entries, and recent runnings I was keen to check out Gordon Elliott’s entries.
    He has five:
    Battle Of Wills
    Galet Doudairies
    Oak Park
    Recent Revelations
    Tronador.

Gordon’s record in the last four years he has had runners in the Triumph is 1-2-1-2 (Tiger Roll, Mega Fortune, Farclas, Couer Sublime), no other trainer comes close to that recent form, and Mega Fortune was runner-up to Defi Du Seuil

Looking at his five entries this year, Galet Doudairies and Oak Park haven’t got the form to interest me, and I am keen on Tronador and Recent Revelations for the Boodles (particularly Tronador).

That leaves Battle Of Wills, who is of interest given his good jumping debut display this week, and his flat form for James Tate and Saeed Manana over mid-distances last year. His last race he ran unplaced off his highest mark of 90.

Gordon Elliott said in the aftermath of his hurdles debut win that he liked the horse and would enter him in the Triumph and the Boodles.

Given he would need to run twice more in the under five weeks to even get a mark for the Boodles, I would rule that option as doubtful, and I have added him him to my select three horse team for the Triumph Hurdle.

Have a watch of his Ripon win on the flat - RPR 96 - which is higher than Goshen, Allmankind and Aspire Tower have achieved.

His hurdles win at Naas this week, look very smooth, and crucially given the three Triumph favourites being strong pullers, this horse settled well, and jumped well for Davy Russell. I thought it looked very good visually.

Love the idea of Davy Russell riding him in the Triumph.

Battle of Wills 33/1 Triumph Hurdle.
    Been meaning to add B.O.W , and did so today @ 33-1 n.r.n.b. .
    You made a compelling case there Saxon !. That's this race wrapped up for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
      Been meaning to add B.O.W , and did so today @ 33-1 n.r.n.b. .
      You made a compelling case there Saxon !. That's this race wrapped up for me.
      2nd entries next Wednesday, hope he is there, love to see him have a crack at the 3 hotheads.
      Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 14 February 2020, 03:15 PM.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
        2nd entries next Wednesday, hope he is there, love to see him have a crack at the 3 hotheads.
        I’ve followed you guys in on this one - purely because I’ve too got Allmankind & Mick Pastor e/w for this so would be pissed if this one hacks up. A conclusive case made Saxon thanks mate. Book’s done for Triumph now too

Comment

• Annoyed Wincanton is off as Solo now doesn’t run and I can’t see another entry in the cards next week thus far.

Hopefully Nicholls can get a run into him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
            Annoyed Wincanton is off as Solo now doesn’t run and I can’t see another entry in the cards next week thus far.

Hopefully Nicholls can get a run into him.
            Adonis next Sat I’d hope...

Comment

• Getting pretty close for that.

Suppose leaves 4 weeks pretty much by time triumph comes around.

Comment

Getting pretty close for that.

I hope it's three weeks myself
                it's dragging as it is.

If you carry on I'll be sending you to Saturday Maths class. Having trouble with your adding today Craigy

Comment

Getting pretty close for that.

The Adonis to Triumph is a pretty established path... it wouldn't be a negative.

Whether you actually need an unexposed type, or one with experience that's ahead of their piers is up for debate though.

Comment

• Is Rockadenn 150/1 with Bet365 a silly bet?

I'm figuring if he comes here he'll need to be pretty good today. And then I doubt 150/1 would be around then!

NRNB definitely worth a pop I reckon

Comment

• Originally posted by Gem1304 View Post
                      Is Rockadenn 150/1 with Bet365 a silly bet?

I'm figuring if he comes here he'll need to be pretty good today. And then I doubt 150/1 would be around then!

I added him this morning: #571

Don't need many reasons to back a 150/1 shot NRNB that is entered for the race, and not exactly unfancied in the trial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        I added him this morning: #571

Don't need many reasons to back a 150/1 shot NRNB that is entered for the race, and not exactly unfancied in the trial.
                        Ah yes must've missed that!

Had to admit I was surprised to see a price that big.

Would've been rude not to snap it up.

Just hope for a decent run today now

Comment

• Originally posted by Gem1304 View Post
                          Is Rockadenn 150/1 with Bet365 a silly bet?

...the French ‘expert’ on ATR highlighted it a few days ago, suggesting they were testing the water with a view to the Boodles, but if they got close to Goshen they would consider the Triumph (Goshen was declared for Haydock at that point).

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                            ...the French ‘expert’ on ATR highlighted it a few days ago, suggesting they were testing the water with a view to the Boodles, but if they got close to Goshen they would consider the Triumph (Goshen was declared for Haydock at that point).
                            Fair enough. Still worth a play I reckon before he runs today. And NRNB gives reassurance.

Bet365 66/1 now

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                              Fair enough.

Worth the chance at 150/1 Non Runner No Bet

AH, now 66/1 - can cash out for a profit
                              Last edited by Kevloaf; 15 February 2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• With winacnton off any word on Solo getting a run elsewhere anytime soon?

Comment

Working...
                                X