Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think few might of backed him early doors but A.King states in tomorrows Weekender that Trueshan definitely won't run over hurdles this season and is being saved for the flat!

Comment

• Get those Mick Pastor vouchers out of the bin.

Obviously a long way short of a Triumph winning performance, but a step in the right direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
        Get those Mick Pastor vouchers out of the bin.

Obviously a long way short of a Triumph winning performance, but a step in the right direction.
        Done it nice enough there

Comment

Get those Mick Pastor vouchers out of the bin.

I doubt we saw the real Mick Pastor at Cheltenham, but that's another form boost for Allmankind

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
            I doubt we saw the real Mick Pastor at Cheltenham, but that's another form boost for Allmankind
            Paul said the same. He needed his first run badly but they were keen to give him course experience.

Comment

• Mick Pastor you beauty , thought that bet was dead . That was impressive ,beat nothing but manner of win screamed class to me.

Comment

• Suppose much will depend on the mark he gets after today. Anything under 140 and you'd imagine the Fred Winter will tempt them.

Comment

• I reckon Mick Pastor will get a rating low enough for the Boodles, and could be the new Band of Outlaws. If he continues to improve his start of race and settle better.

The runner up should be downgraded on his 128 really, but if not Mick Pastor should get 135-138 after today.

Be interesting what PN and JPM decide to do next. Would have to avoid a pre-Fez run to ensure the Boodles is an option. If he runs again then they would be thinking Triumph first choice.
                  "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
                    I reckon Mick Pastor will get a rating low enough for the Boodles, and could be the new Band of Outlaws. If he continues to improve his start of race and settle better.

The runner up should be downgraded on his 128 really, but if not Mick Pastor should get 135-138 after today.

Be interesting what PN and JPM decide to do next. Would have to avoid a pre-Fez run to ensure the Boodles is an option. If he runs again then they would be thinking Triumph first choice.
                    Yes thats exactly how I see it HF. Have covered both positions for now and will cash out whichever I don't need

Comment

Suppose much will depend on the mark he gets after today. Anything under 140 and you'd imagine the Fred Winter will tempt them.
                      I have to admit this isn't a race I've paid a great deal of attention to so far but what else does JP have for this? A Wave of the Sea and Cerberus look very much like Fred Winter types to me but he's not going to send them all there. Does he have anything I've missed? Perhaps still one or two still to come out? I'd say they'll be treating Mick Pastor as a Triumph horse.

Comment

• Possible the tongue tie made a big difference to him? Had worn one in France and didn't today but they left it off at Cheltenham.

Comment

Possible the tongue tie made a big difference to him? Had worn one in France and didn't today but they left it off at Cheltenham.
                          Very good point.

Comment

Possible the tongue tie made a big difference to him? Had worn one in France and didn't today but they left it off at Cheltenham.
                            In the race report for the Cheltenham run RP said the trainer as saying the gelding choked on the soft/hip going
                            Nicholls re Mick Pastor - hence the first time tongue tie today

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post
                              In the race report for the Cheltenham RP said the gelding choked on the soft/hip going
                              Nicholls re Mick Pastor - hence the first time tongue tie today
                              Wasn't first time today Pendil, he wore one at Auteuil too. So two terrible runs without one, and two wins with one! Fair to say its helping...

Comment

Wasn't first time today Pendil, he wore one at Auteuil too. So two terrible runs without one, and two wins with one! Fair to say its helping...
                                Flu jab, then adonis then I reckon.
                                Just be interesting if they use the tongue tie or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X