Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep.
    as good a flat horse as mullins has had.
    ive had to part at 22's WH

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
      yep.
      ...Micro Manage now 16s with Hills.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
        yep.
        I had the dreaded 'refer to trader' message on this bet this morning with Hills. Never had a problem with this account until today. Backing a triumph horse in September shouldn't be a problem but evidently it is!

Comment

Going to be the first 'forum' horse of the festival at this rate.

Probably had a little of money over past couple of days FM, liabilities this early on they probably don't want too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            Going to be the first 'forum' horse of the festival at this rate.

Probably had a little of money over past couple of days FM, liabilities this early on they probably don't want too much.
            I hope that's the case CoD. Not sure I've ever backed a triumph horse in September before, in fact, I usually wait until January at the earliest.

Glad to read it's a potential forum horse .

Comment

Brief mention by Harry Derham for Mick Pastor around 8m15s: https://youtu.be/2-znbPkGRT0

Comment

When I have a bet on the triumph I try to avoid Mullins horses he's not won the race at all previous 19 years. Don't know if he won any before that like.

Comment

He also hadn’t won a Gold Cup until this year.....first time for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                    When I have a bet on the triumph I try to avoid Mullins horses he's not won the race at all previous 19 years. Don't know if he won any before that like.
                    Any reasoning you can think of to back up why Mullins may not be good with juveniles?

In my opinion that 'trend' is more of an anomoly than it is a solid reason not to back a horse.

I wouldn't be backing any flat horse that I haven't seen jump at less than 20/1, ever. So 16/1 is too short for me now, he'll be that during his debut when I can make a decision.

Comment

When I choose the triumph horses I go for trainers who got a good strike record and also good jockeys who have a decent record over the years in this race. I tend to take a look at Hendersons Kings and Elliots mainly the three I look at.

Comment

Also nicholls if he has a horse that really stands out I like the look of.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                          When I choose the triumph horses I go for trainers who got a good strike record and also good jockeys who have a decent record over the years in this race. I tend to take a look at Hendersons Kings and Elliots mainly the three I look at.
                          Okay but Alan King isn't a positive over Willie Mullins, is he?

I'll save you some money... Mullins will have more winners than King

Why do you think Mullins had a bad record with 4 year olds? The fact (and it is a fact, I'm not disputing) that he hasn't had the winner, with no context doesn't mean it's a reliable method to approach the race.

It's freakish that he hasn't won it, like it was in a Gold Cup. More so in fact, as he's better with hurdles in my opinion
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 21 September 2019, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Is It possible the Irish trainers over the last maybe 12–15 years haven’t really thought about 3yo’s? What I mean is have they bought more P2P horses or Store Horses , but , more recently say 3-5 years they have started to buy more flat horses or 3yo from France, and are now more prone to go for the Triumph?

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              Around 10 or so years ago, before the big investment started in juveniles, Alan King used to have a good record in the race. He has a horse called The Olympian who has been sold to J.P. McManus and this could be the horse to bring him back into the mix again. He’s by a new sire with no jumps progeny to reference but he looks like he could be a nice type if they go jumping.
                              Alan King could also have a horse called Trueshan to go to war with. He was second in a valuable handicap at Newbury off 91 and is now rated 93. King has had some lean years of late at the festival but these two could give him some chances if they take to jumping. The only issue is that Joseph will no doubt have some even higher rated off the flat and the Mullins horse (Micro Manage) has also been mentioned already too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Okay but Alan King isn't a positive over Willie Mullins, is he?

I'll save you some money... Mullins will have more winners than King

Why do you think Mullins had a bad record with 4 year olds? The fact (and it is a fact, I'm not disputing) that he hasn't had the winner, with no context doesn't mean it's a reliable method to approach the race.

It's freakish that he hasn't won it, like it was in a Gold Cup. More so in fact, as he's better with hurdles in my opinion
                                Although I’ve mentioned two Alan King horses for this, He’s not been a player in this for a while and the focus and investment from the Irish has turned the table in recent years.

Comment

Working...
                                X