Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freak of a horse, looks every bit of a champion hurdler
    Long bitcoin, long gold, long silver, long g/s opening day Cheltenham Festival

Comment

• Gutted for Goshen backers! Beast!

Comment

• Monster of a horse, pure freak. If he learns to jump a hurdle he could be a superstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
          I feel for you COD. Much better than AMK and that must be sick. Hopefully you bang a few winners today
          Cheers Charlie.

Historically a poor day for me, so shouldn't be surprised at thay start tbh.

Comment

• Little consolation but PP refunding on Goshen singles including antepost with no maximum

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Well done Sean and all backers
              Definitely feel for the Goshen backers, some horse, that was about to be a special performance.

Wins a win as well, was delighted to see Burning Victory finish up the hill after his fall.

Comment

• At the start of the race I thought Goshen had no chance. Usually ran too free and didn't jump great.

Despite that, he settled today and looked a proper horse.

This and the Marsh will be the most analysed race for me

Goshen backers: I think you'll have some good years following him

Comment

• Burning Victory has put in a pretty impressive performance in this race. 6f to go she’s last by what looks like the best part of 20 lengths. She’s made a move around the turn and saunters past Adonis winner Solo. At the 2f pole she’s just gotten level with Aspire Tower but by the time we get to 1f out and the final flight she taken off and landed before he gets his legs up and she’s moved into ‘the lead’ after reeling in the front running Allmankind. She is running away from both quite powerfully at the line and it’s a very impressive performance that for obvious reasons may well go under the radar. This was only her 2nd run for Willie and she’s unbeaten and a festival winner. I’m confident she will get further and the 20/1 on offer for the Mares Hurdle may well be double the price she is when lining up. However, as a juvenile it’s dangerous to get carried away as the whole crop may not have been up to much (with the obvious exception). I hoped she’d perhaps have been completely over looked but 20/1 is about right. Definitely not a bet for me at this stage but certainly made it onto the shortlist for horses to consider in that sphere.
                  I like that the market leaders were 2nd and 3rd, it gives the race a solid look and this form will be potentially quite important in assessing Goshen going forward.

If any of the actual first 3 home start making waves in open company next year then it’ll be almost impossible to not get sucked in to the hype around Goshen. By the time the race came around he seemed to be the one most people fancied and there is no denying he was putting in a pretty sensational demolition job. He’s without a doubt, head and shoulders above his peers. I personally think the 5/1 on offer for him now in the Champion Hurdle is a poor price. He’s 9/1 for the Ebor which his a better bet despite them having to arse about to get him qualified – but they’ve stated a flat campaign is the plan. That set off HUGE warning bells for me in terms of him being a future Champion Hurdler. The only horse I can remember good enough to do anything on the flat of note and be a Champion Hurdle contender was Overturn. I don’t like it as a ‘plan’ (I do in terms of excitement, cracking decision, let’s hope he’s a superstar) but while looking at the CH market, in May, for March 2021 – I’d want at very least to know it’s the no.1 priority.

Jamie Moore looking for redemption will be a nice story narrative through the season. I did have a little bit of doubt about him but that was a bit unfair as when he has the horse he’s good enough to win big races. Sire De Grugy the most obvious of them.
                  I’ve read a few people liken this to Our Conor, in terms of what he can go on to do. It’s worth remembering that Our Conor was allowed a very moderate come back where he was beaten, before a crack at Hurricane Fly and Jezki, where he came up short but was encouraging. He had another crack and got very close in the Irish Champion Hurdle. I don’t think Goshen will be afforded the same luxury, especially if he’s trying to pick up huge pots on the flat…

Fingers crossed though, one of the most exciting horses in training and I cannot wait to see him again. Will have to learn to settle better too, when he comes up against good horses anyway!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Burning Victory has put in a pretty impressive performance in this race. 6f to go she’s last by what looks like the best part of 20 lengths. She’s made a move around the turn and saunters past Adonis winner Solo. At the 2f pole she’s just gotten level with Aspire Tower but by the time we get to 1f out and the final flight she taken off and landed before he gets his legs up and she’s moved into ‘the lead’ after reeling in the front running Allmankind. She is running away from both quite powerfully at the line and it’s a very impressive performance that for obvious reasons may well go under the radar. This was only her 2nd run for Willie and she’s unbeaten and a festival winner. I’m confident she will get further and the 20/1 on offer for the Mares Hurdle may well be double the price she is when lining up. However, as a juvenile it’s dangerous to get carried away as the whole crop may not have been up to much (with the obvious exception). I hoped she’d perhaps have been completely over looked but 20/1 is about right. Definitely not a bet for me at this stage but certainly made it onto the shortlist for horses to consider in that sphere.
                    I like that the market leaders were 2nd and 3rd, it gives the race a solid look and this form will be potentially quite important in assessing Goshen going forward.

If any of the actual first 3 home start making waves in open company next year then it’ll be almost impossible to not get sucked in to the hype around Goshen. By the time the race came around he seemed to be the one most people fancied and there is no denying he was putting in a pretty sensational demolition job. He’s without a doubt, head and shoulders above his peers. I personally think the 5/1 on offer for him now in the Champion Hurdle is a poor price. He’s 9/1 for the Ebor which his a better bet despite them having to arse about to get him qualified – but they’ve stated a flat campaign is the plan. That set off HUGE warning bells for me in terms of him being a future Champion Hurdler. The only horse I can remember good enough to do anything on the flat of note and be a Champion Hurdle contender was Overturn. I don’t like it as a ‘plan’ (I do in terms of excitement, cracking decision, let’s hope he’s a superstar) but while looking at the CH market, in May, for March 2021 – I’d want at very least to know it’s the no.1 priority.

Jamie Moore looking for redemption will be a nice story narrative through the season. I did have a little bit of doubt about him but that was a bit unfair as when he has the horse he’s good enough to win big races. Sire De Grugy the most obvious of them.
                    I’ve read a few people liken this to Our Conor, in terms of what he can go on to do. It’s worth remembering that Our Conor was allowed a very moderate come back where he was beaten, before a crack at Hurricane Fly and Jezki, where he came up short but was encouraging. He had another crack and got very close in the Irish Champion Hurdle. I don’t think Goshen will be afforded the same luxury, especially if he’s trying to pick up huge pots on the flat…

Fingers crossed though, one of the most exciting horses in training and I cannot wait to see him again. Will have to learn to settle better too, when he comes up against good horses anyway!

Thats a decent write up especially talking about the winner of the race! Ill add that to my tracker and will keep eyes on i wouodnt of done before reading this but when its broken down like that it makes sense..there was no secret about what allmankind was going to do he set a very strong pace that goshen ran with and then all of a sudden put around 8-10 length between him and that same pace it was un real! Will have to see but ive got on him a while back now so will look at others for that champ hurdle

Comment

• Burning Victory 13th March 2020 – Cheltenham – She was less than fluent over more hurdles than those that she negotiated well. She was right out the back and not asked a question until the second last hurdle. She was given a real ‘pick up the pieces’ ride and ended up being fortunate that the wide margin leader came down at the final hurdle. From the first hurdle to the second hurdle on the final circuit she was about a second slower than Goshen who was being nudged along to take closer order at that point of the race. She … Continued

Another couple reviews up from mr Gibson for anyone interested.

Comment

Working...
                      X