Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheEagleHasLanded View Post
    Fascinating race though, IF solo is still there at the top of the hill, they could set the race up for him, you’d think having several front runners trying to make all that the pace will be relentless
    Solo was able to pick up off his pace yesterday. Basically, he had the best track position.

This idea that he is just going to lob along on the bridle and then pick up the others when they 'burst' just might not happen. They might not come back or he might use up so much petrol staying in touch that there is no finishing kick in the tank. There was little pressure on his jumping yesterday. Will he jump as well if he comes under pressure to stay in touch? Will he actually find under pressure? Plenty of questions still to answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
      Solo was able to pick up off his pace yesterday. Basically, he had the best track position.

This idea that he is just going to lob along on the bridle and then pick up the others when they 'burst' just might not happen. They might not come back or he might use up so much petrol staying in touch that there is no finishing kick in the tank. There was little pressure on his jumping yesterday. Will he jump as well if he comes under pressure to stay in touch? Will he actually find under pressure? Plenty of questions still to answer.
      Disagree with that
      Last edited by charlie; 24 February 2020, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• See the state of them horses in behind Jesus what a poor race that was on Saturday one furlong in and half the field were pulling there heads chuckling away solo beat nothing makes the market all man kind for me also happy days! Can even see I slight improvement with AMK Cheltenham experience in the bag also

Comment

• Over reaction by the bookies, put yourself in their shoes would you be brave enough to price him at 6s.
          They were reacting to overwhealming demand by punters the 9-2 and 4s was being snapped up and they were forced to react.
          The times were not too bad either nothing earth shattering.
          Solo 3m 54.60s (slow by 12.60)
          Song for someone 3m 50.55s (slow by 8.55s) 5yr old
          Highway one o two 3m 53.23s (slow by 11.23s) 5 yrold

Comment

• Solo was beaten by a horse in France that couldn’t win a race in Bangor against horses rated 125. Or are we just to forget that form because it was in France ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautothegreat8 View Post
              Solo was beaten by a horse in France that couldn’t win a race in Bangor against horses rated 125. Or are we just to forget that form because it was in France ??
              I mean... we might forget it because all of them horses were having their first ever runs on a racecourse. Look what this horse beat on its second appearance https://www.racingpost.com/profile/h...tar-glory/form
              Long bitcoin, long gold, long silver, long g/s opening day Cheltenham Festival

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooksie View Post
                I mean... we might forget it because all of them horses were having their first ever runs on a racecourse. Look what this horse beat on its second appearance https://www.racingpost.com/profile/h...tar-glory/form
                Im abit confused ....... 20 year old ???

Comment

he wasn't 20 back in 2003
                  Long bitcoin, long gold, long silver, long g/s opening day Cheltenham Festival

Comment

think the point hes making is that horse was rubbish but beat kauto star on first start.

Comment

• Originally posted by germanshepherd View Post
                      think the point hes making is that horse was rubbish but beat kauto star on first start.
                      Ok now I understand ....... feel abit silly now hahaha

Comment

• If this forum was an accurate snapshot of the Triumph market;

Fav - Allmankind
                        2nd Fav - Solo
                        big gap
                        Goshen and Aspire Tower
                        Mick Pastor
                        Anything else.

A lot of gum flapping about how good Allmankind is, yet he's clear 3rd fav?

I am surprised he's bigger than Goshen..... [we] must be quite biased on here, only CoD banging the Goshen drum as far as I can remember?

Comment

• Nope, I’ve been on Goshen since his Sandown win.
                          You can never be too bullish about juveniles as they improve at different rates but Goshen can’t have done more than hammer the horses he’s raced against and I think his jumping will improve when jumping at proper racing pace...

Comment

• AMK has been pushed out slightly from 4/1 - 9/2 by bet365.

Comment

• Always keep an open mind about the way any race will unfold re weather, going, and yard well being.

I cashed in my Aspire Tower tickets managing to double my money and taking 4s Solo.

Its my own opinion and I win and lose on that basis but flexibility is a must.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                Nope, I’ve been on Goshen since his Sandown win.
                                You can never be too bullish about juveniles as they improve at different rates but Goshen can’t have done more than hammer the horses he’s raced against and I think his jumping will improve when jumping at proper racing pace...
                                I’m very much with Goshen too.

Comment

Working...
                                X