Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Royal Ascot 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it's over.

Eye-catchers?

I'll start first:

Roseman. I think this years Hampton Court will be well worth watching for the future. Rounding the bend he looked like he could be tailed off. Then at the 1f pole he started to motor. He only started racing in April, so it’s possible he was still green? Given he started out in April + had the ability to get within 2.5Ls of King Of Comedy at Sandown suggests there’s plenty of potential there. Might be a slow burner but i wouldn’t be surprised if Varian made him into a very decent horse.

Japan, Fox Chairman + King of Comedy the blatantly obvious ones.

Momkin didn’t have a great passage in the Jersey by any means, when his chance was gone Atzeni didn’t touch him. I’d argue he was value for a length or two better than his finishing position.

Eagles by Day
    - beaten rather easily by what could be a top horse. He shaped very well and given his pedigree he might well be one to improve for even further. St Leger 20/1 not the worst in the world, for all Ballydoyle will probably have something up their sleeve as per!

Dee Ex Bee
    - now he’s proven over the trip, a more attacking ride will certainly suit him.

Move Swiftly- being by Farrh she probably enjoyed the ground, but i think she’s good. Could be one of the top fillies going forward.

Honourable mentioned to Numerian as well.

Comment

Working...
    X